#1 User is offline   PB Ghost 

• I'm back!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:PB_Ghost

Posted 29 March 2006 - 07:20 PM

Proto 06 Pants and Jeresy.
Posted Image

Overview, These pants and Jeresy cost Roughly rounding to about $120 for both, Kinda steep although its big brother Dye that would cover just the pants. By far these pants for their quality are way underpriced. Alittle background of Proto will show that Proto means first and thats no undestatement. Proto is also the "mid-priced" selection of the Dye name brand, Mid priced is right, half baked, no freaking way.

Lets start with the pants, remember i got myn in all blue and they are now my Team jersey.
Posted Image
First let me tell you about these pants. they have a mesh underlayer mucho venting, more venting in, airducts! on cold days sometimes i have to wear another pair of pants under these, you wounlt be getting hot in these (perhaps looking hot though :D )

Pro's-
-Pockets, Many many pockets, there are nifty little squeege pockets that require some searching to find and are very reachable durring a game, i play snake and any snake man will tell you theres nothing worse than breaking a ball and haveing to reach down to get a squeegee, this pocket places it right on your thigh, both sides (above the cargo pocket next to the knee)
-Padding, These Pants have far supperior padding compared to my old PBjunkees pants. You slide it doesnt hurt, you dont have to worry about skinning a knee, and they also come with alot of bounce, and lets not forget the "vital area" padding, for those of us who like to take risks and not wear a cup, this padding is about 5 mm thick Roughly, for those who dont know the metric system i'll put it in lamest terms, if you get hit there you wounlt be crying... Also it comes with Butt padding, i have yet to find a use for it other than thoes intresting slides that you skrew up or the ocsional "run away" bounce.
-Venting, been over this already very nice venting nothing needing improvemnt here
-looks, well your gonna have to see them yourslef, they're really really nice, the color flows well together.
-extra pod holder- nothing really really good about it but might come in handy for those games where you only need one pod without the pack
-fit, its very baggy i like it, it has velcro on the sides to help get a tighter fit.
Con's-
-Price, yea....
-Stiching, I fell like the padds while very good could be put together betting, ive playing abotu 5 days with them and i've found a few loose threads, nothing big but might be a problem in a year or two.
-Back of the Knee there is a paintball splat that might possible get you called for, its grey with the Proto logo, but still i'd rather not risk the bad eye sighted ref's.
-no belt holes, this might be a problem for taller people who dont have a thick waist.

Overall- great pair of pants, in a world where you only have about 5 brands to choose and this being the least expencive it holds it's own agianst empire, dye, and Jt.

The Jersey

Posted Image

While maintaining its looks it keeps you cool, alows for lots of bounce, makes sliding less of a paint, and give you the winning edge you need to look like a professional.

Pro's-
-Venting, once agian very good, nice armpit venting, and good all around air circulation
-Padding, Pads on shoulders and elbows is great, great for boucne, hard paintball hits, and dives, you will get bounces off of this, it is very thick.
-Dye Tac, An added bonus for this jersey is the Dye Tac (aka sticky stuff tha thold your tank to your shoulder) with the combination of a tank cover your tank will have a white knuckle death grip on your shoudler
-Mattieral made out of, its made out of a soft fiber that is great for cleaning your lense, when you take a gog shot simply wipe it off with your jersey in the dead box.
-Looks, along with the pants these looks could win you the game by default, you'll be ashamed to have mere mortals watching you play, its gives you the winning attitude too, just dont get too cocky!.
Con's-
-Almost none, i think these are better stiched than the pants and i've had no problems other than it makes me think im superman and makse me do things i cant do, like a run through off the break!
Become a Str8balla (#67)
Member #11 of invisible text club!
MASSIVE GEAR BAG SALE!

#2 User is offline   The Joker 

• If you need any help just PM me and I'll do my best! TY
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dusterhoff

Posted 29 March 2006 - 08:23 PM

They may be a bit pricy but you pay for quality. Thanks for the good review, peace

#3 User is offline   Dante 

• I have candy
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kamikaze Snipa

Posted 29 March 2006 - 09:06 PM

would it be a better deal to get the 06 proto stuff instead of the 06 dye stuff (one my mom will pay for, the other she won't, I'm in bad need of shirts, i have broad shoulders)

Get Angry!
Poor Gary Coleman, he lived a short life.

#4 User is offline   PB Ghost 

• I'm back!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PB_Ghost

Posted 30 March 2006 - 06:11 PM

these should fit, i have slightly broad shoulders nothing that big, but they fit me fine and have nice padding on the shoulder, I'm still trying to figure out when you will be sliding on your shoulder....

i guess it takes away the pain of the close bunkering encounters and adds some leagle bounce
Become a Str8balla (#67)
Member #11 of invisible text club!
MASSIVE GEAR BAG SALE!

#5 User is offline   Darknight7119 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Knight 7119

Posted 06 April 2006 - 11:07 AM

Good review, you are insured quality with Proto and DYE.
Woodland 98c
Evil Pipe
Q-Loader
Dye HPA
Adco SureShot
Dye Sticky Grip
Maurader Camo
Dye I3

Official Ion Owner #3

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic