• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Smart Parts SP-1 And why it is my primary. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Match99 

• Hmph. He tried to take me marker.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:01 PM

I started off with a crap viewloader (go walmart). Not good, but it got me into the sport. Then I purchased a used Tippmann 98 Custom. Better, but only slightly. Then, after reading lots of reviews and watching plenty of videos, I bought the Smart Parts SP1.
What a wonderful buy.
In this review, I am going to focus on why the SP1 beats any blowback hands down (essentially every low end marker, and including A5 and X7 imho), in order to convince new players to save some money and purchase this marker straight from the get go.

1. The SP1 is much quieter than any blowback marker. This is partially because the stock barrel is a decent, ported barrel, but also largely due to the fact the SP1 is a low pressure marker. With a good aftermarket barrel (Redz pepperstick for me), it is incredibly quieter than blowbacks. This is largely due to the fact the bolt is enclosed within the marker, and only a light plastic bolt is sliding back and forth. In comparison a Tippmann 98 Custom (perhaps the best example of a blowback) has a heavy metal hammer slamming back and forth every shot, making the marker much louder, as well as being high pressure like most other blowbacks out there.

2. The SP1 fires faster than many blowbacks. Its light, electric trigger pull enables the user to fire much faster than a blowback user, with has to wait for the hammer to reset and deal with the heavy mechanical trigger pull. Also, the SP1 comes standard with full auto. Stock, the SP1 is limited to 11 BPS for safety reasons, which is plenty of firepower. However, tyou can upgrade to the blackheart if more firepower is required. Unlike a blowback with an e-trigger (yuck) the SP1's design was created with fast firing rates in mind. Blowbacks were simply not designed to fire so quickly.

3. SP1's are light and short. This allows you to run faster and longer, as well as make unexpected moves on the field.

4.SP1's are more accurate than blowbacks. I know this will raise controversy, but allow me to explain. The SP1 has a regulator that allows both CO2 and HPA. Unlike blowbacks, which are unregulated, the SP1 has much better shot to shot consistency, which equals more accuracy.

5. SP1's have a low force bolt, which rarely breaks paint. This way you do not experience chops, unlike a many blowbacks which will slice right through a paintball.

6. And the greatest advantage is price. For only 200$, you can have a mask, an SP1, a hopper, and a 20 oz tank. Grab some paint and play! In comparison, you can get a 98 for 165$ with all the same extras. 35$ for all those extra, incredible features? Worth it to me. Honestly, I believe the SP1 is on par with many much higher priced markers, and better than some!

The only negative features:
Non metal body: Lighter and just as durable. I don't see why people have a problem with this, I've never seen an SP1 break.
Made by Smart Parts: Many hate this company. Don't ask me why, I don't care to explain. They can let it go for this great marker, or they can simply ignore the marker. No difference to me.
Bad stock Feedneck: If it bugs you that much, buy a clamping one for 25$.
Rails everywhere: Don't use them. Or, if you don't want this look, get the SP1's brother, the Vibe.

So thats why I love this marker so much! Please, comment for any questions.

#2 User is offline   Syam Tam Chuk 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 08 May 2009 - 09:20 AM

I've really fallen in love with my SP1, and tend to use it more than my Angel 1 nowadays. For a bushball marker, it's absolutely amazing. I played in the winter with this thing when it was -10C and snowing like mad, and despite it all, it just worked like a dream the whole time. It rode in the back of a truck during a snowstorm when our car went off the road heading to the field and we had to hitchhike the rest of the way there and despite ending up soaked it never even sputtered.

I don't see much point in upgrading beyond the 11bps, and while it's not a true milsim marker, you can make it suit you however you want. I've got a collapsible stock on mine, a 6" barrel, custom cut rail covers for the front and an offset sight and it's awesome for every role.

#3 User is offline   scubasteve186 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 26 May 2009 - 04:24 PM

View PostSyam Tam Chuk, on May 8 2009, 12:20 PM, said:

I've really fallen in love with my SP1, and tend to use it more than my Angel 1 nowadays. For a bushball marker, it's absolutely amazing. I played in the winter with this thing when it was -10C and snowing like mad, and despite it all, it just worked like a dream the whole time. It rode in the back of a truck during a snowstorm when our car went off the road heading to the field and we had to hitchhike the rest of the way there and despite ending up soaked it never even sputtered.

I don't see much point in upgrading beyond the 11bps, and while it's not a true milsim marker, you can make it suit you however you want. I've got a collapsible stock on mine, a 6" barrel, custom cut rail covers for the front and an offset sight and it's awesome for every role.

im getting mine soon, but what is it that makes a marker a true mil-sim marker?

#4 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 26 May 2009 - 04:32 PM

View Postscubasteve186, on May 26 2009, 06:24 PM, said:

The fact that it does not look like a real gun? Or it is not a mech, which the majority of mil-sim seem to be.

Maybe it is only considered semi-mil-sim because of the flat-black paintscheme? :ghillie:

Those are my semi-educated guesses.

OP: Nice way to make a logical argument.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#5 User is offline   Match99 

• PipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:02 AM

View PostI.K.E., on May 26 2009, 06:32 PM, said:

View Postscubasteve186, on May 26 2009, 06:24 PM, said:

The fact that it does not look like a real gun? Or it is not a mech, which the majority of mil-sim seem to be.

Maybe it is only considered semi-mil-sim because of the flat-black paintscheme? :laugh:

Those are my semi-educated guesses.

OP: Nice way to make a logical argument.

I consider it mil-sim. Its (loosely) modeled after the MP7 and has many rails, a flashlight mount, and a matte black color scheme.

#6 User is offline   songbird 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:31 PM

I'm planning on getting one for a second gun. Do you guys all use electronic hoppers?

#7 User is offline   chrisegc 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:25 PM

I'm thinkin of gettin one as a backup to my A-5...I wanna see how they compare anyway
Proud Tippy A-5 Owner

#8 User is offline   Match99 

• PipPipPip

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:31 PM

View Postchrisegc, on May 28 2009, 09:25 PM, said:

I'm thinkin of gettin one as a backup to my A-5...I wanna see how they compare anyway

Honestly, don't be surprised if it becomes your primary. They shoot 5x nicer than an A5.

#9 User is offline   Syam Tam Chuk 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 14 July 2009 - 02:11 PM

It's not mil-sim since it doesn't replicate a real firearm, nor is it limited ammo. Some have looser definitions of milsim, but I think the general idea is to have a limited ammo, replica style marker. I don't think it matters though, most of those perform poorly compared to a standard electro marker in the bush (looking at you A-5).

*Not trying to resurrect threads, but thought I should clarify.

#10 User is offline   deltapaintball 

• Josh Foote
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:deltapaintball

Posted 19 July 2009 - 05:18 PM

It's a scenario marker. You can mod it to be a mil-sim one if that's your cup of tea.
Coming soon.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users