Special Ops Paintball: Australia got it right - Special Ops Paintball

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Australia got it right Now for obama to follow suit... oh right... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Beccolter

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:12 AM

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd - Australia
Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks..

Separately, Rudd angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:

'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

#2 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:14 AM

Wasn't this posted like a year ago?
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#3 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:14 AM

......im going to have to concur with Australia.......

#4 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:17 AM

I dunno...this is the same country that banned all handguns & considers Tippmann A5s to be firearms.
Not sure if I can take Australia seriously anymore.

#5 Guest_Gauss_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:18 AM

This is awesome.

#6 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:19 AM

I remember the first time I saw this. I was so surprised I almost fell of my dinosaur.

#7 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:19 AM

While I don't claim Snopes to be "All knowing, always correct" it certainly seems to dispel a lot of questions. This has been circulating sine 2005.... Seems a lot of the information was taken out of context to begin with and made to LOOK like this was said.
http://www.snopes.co...x/australia.asp
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#8 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:21 AM

View PostPuzuma, on Aug 10 2009, 09:19 AM, said:

While I don't claim Snopes to be "All knowing, always correct" it certainly seems to dispel a lot of questions. This has been circulating sine 2005.... Seems a lot of the information was taken out of context to begin with and made to LOOK like this was said.
http://www.snopes.co...x/australia.asp

I noticed that too...and Kevin Rudd hasnt been Prime Minister for over a year now.

#9 User is offline   Ace-014 

• Back From Life (FCSN)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace-014

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:30 AM

Eh shens or not, comparitive to the U.S., I'll agree sort of on the language, but not on the religious part (since the majority of the founding fathers were diests, not Christians I believe).

No thumbs up or down. Good for Australia.
Official SpecOps FC

#10 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:31 AM

exactly, it was an email, i never believe emails. But the statements are still accurate, and I approve

#11 User is offline   ike123 

• Cha togar m' fhearg gun dýoladh
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ike

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:46 AM

I won't say anything, because this is about Australia. If this were about America, I would have lots to say.
Paintball isn't my hobby, it's my lifestyle. Go hard or go home.

#12 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:50 AM

You know America has no national language, right?

Personally, I don't care what you habla or you sprechen, or whether you pray to Buddha, YHWH, or Jesus as long as you don't force it upon me, or say that my belief is wrong.

I also can't stand when people refuse to communicate with someone speaking a different language.

In the words of Michael Caine:

"There are two things I can't stand: People who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch".
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#13 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:56 AM

I dont mind people who are making an effort to speak english and havent quite gotten there yet. I have a serious problem with people who refuse to speak or try to speak in anything but their native language.

For instance, did a lot of flying last month. Landed in St Paul MN (my first problem). My flight was an hour late, so I was seriously freaking trying to make the connecting flight. I went up to a TSA agent and asked where the gate I was trying to find was... she goes "No speak english... spanish?" If I coulda slapped her without getting arrested or soemthing, I would have. DO NOT take a job where you will be dealing with people who speak english and need to be able to communicate with them, and then DEMAND that they speak spanish to you or you wont help.

Then on the plane, I was besides a Polish dude. He didn't have english completely mastered, but he was pretty good. He'd been working in Alaska for 2 months and was flying elsewhere to find a different job. He was really cool, and tried, which was good. He said he hadn't known much english before, but had been working hard to learn.

#14 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:21 AM

What I think is hilarious is that most people that think immigrants need to learn English don't know another language. If they went to another country for vacation they would expect everyone to speak English so that they don't have to learn any of the language.

#15 User is offline   Ashrak 

• Precipice
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:35 AM

If I was going to live and work in France, I'd make it a point to learn the French language.

If I was going to live and work in Iran, I'd make it a point to learn Farsi.

If was going to live and work in an African country, I'd make it a point to learn the local language.

Why? It makes a lot of damned sense. That way, I can understand everybody, and everybody can understand me. Why can immigrants not coming to America not be asked to do the same? It just makes sense.

And I agree with the sentiments of Treasurer Costello. I know what Shari'a Law is - it is completely incompatible with the laws and customs of Western nations. If Muslims want to live under Shari'a they should never come, or simply leave. If you don't think Shari'a is that bad, learn about it, then see how it has been used as a tool of oppression against all women and non-Muslims, even today. It has no place in any self respecting country.

That's my opinion, take it or leave it.

This post has been edited by Ashrak: 10 August 2009 - 10:43 AM

Alea iacta est ~ The board is set, the pieces are moving.
~ Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green, That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown, That host on the morrow lay withered and strown. ~ Destruction of Sennacherib

~ Believe me, dear Sir: there is not in the American states a man who more cordially loves a union with his country than I do. But, by the God that made me, I will cease to exist before I yield to a connection on such terms as the United States Congress proposes; and in this, I think I speak the sentiments of America. ~ Thomas Jefferson (modernized)
Summertime Blues

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users