Special Ops Paintball: Long time no see, Special Ops Forum - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Long time no see, Special Ops Forum Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Philipp122

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:51 PM

Hey Spec Ops forum!

I used to post here all the time about 6-7 years ago. I spent so much time on this site back then and learned so much..

I had to give up paintball after running into some money issues and pretty much stopped posting here. Earlier today I was going through some old stuff and found some old parts from my Smartparts Ion that I used to play with (lol). I immediately remembered this place and decided to log on to see how things were going.

And man oh man.. check out what I found:

http://www.specialop...9

A thread I made back in high school when I felt completely lost in life. It's amazing how quickly things change in just a few years. I'm so glad I logged on today just for that one thread.. what a throwback!

So.. does anyone still post here that was around back then? What ever happened to Where's George, the Brigade, and people "flaming" each other for stupid "FILTERED"? :laugh:

I know some of you guys are still around.. I see Puzuma and Tenacious are still posting! B)

And wow.. this "dodgy" emoticon: :dodgy: oh the memories hahaha

#2 User is offline   CptObvious 

• Original Join Date- 29th October 2004 - 04:14 PM
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:CPTOBVIOUS

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:12 PM

The original owners of SO Paintball no longer own it. Some company from NY owns the name, but does nothing with it.
US Air Force
Posted Image
Proudly Sponsored by: ANS Gear || Pinokio Hoppers|| Stiffi Barrels || ChroniX Radio
[/b]

#3 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

That's sad to see.. this was without a doubt one of my favorite companies in the industry. Hell I spent more time on here than any other paintball site.

It's mind-blowing, looking at paintball then and now. Things changed SO drastically from 2003 to 2008, but it seems as if nothing has changed between 2008 and now. My dream marker back then was a DM8, and now they're on ebay for a few hundred bucks. And yet, the DM13 is barely any different.

I could get an Epiphany or some other medium-level marker on ebay with HPA and a Halo for dirt cheap and be playing ball in two weeks. When I was in high school I would save up for months for a stupid trigger for my Ion :laugh:

The only thing that hasn't gotten cheaper is paint, huh? :dry:

#4 User is offline   toxic t0ast 

• If I cant dance, I dont want to be apart of your revolution.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:french t0ast

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

How is paintball doing as a sport? Still a lot of people playing? My local fields shut down a few years ago.
<div align="center"><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Representing the Hate five oh! (850-Ska-core)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.myspace.com/thespanx" target="_blank">The Spanx (Our folk/indie band)</a></div>
<div align="center"></div>

#5 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:58 AM

PSP is still going strong, though still not like it was at it's peak. NPPL is like the minor league pro series.
Ultimate Woodsball League is apparently still going (I got invited to join a team that needed some more players). There's still lots of scenarios.

But I haven't played since Fulda last year, about 9 months. And I don't know if I'll play any time soon. Working 70-80 hours a week, 14 hour days on weekends usually, so no time for me.

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#6 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:57 AM

There's a pretty big field near Atlanta called Classic that I believe is still open. They do speedball and have a scenario town field that's probably about a hundred yards across square. I used to play there all the time. There was a pretty big flood that went through here in '09 that destroyed a lot of stores, houses, etc. and the fields at Classic got flooded over pretty badly, and I believe they rebuilt the whole complex and it's still open today.

I'll probably go play out there soon using a rental 98 and if I have a good time, I'll start looking for a DM8 or similar marker on ebay.

#7 User is offline   CptObvious 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:18 AM

Def curious about this field. I can't search for it at the moment (work), but if you happen to find a link or some more info, please lemme know. I'm in Panama City now. Not many fields around here as far as scenario-based fields.
US Air Force
Posted Image
Proudly Sponsored by: ANS Gear || Pinokio Hoppers|| Stiffi Barrels || ChroniX Radio
[/b]

#8 User is offline   Bone37 

• The Chicago 37th S.P.S. Heavy Gunner
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Bone37

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

Seems like paintball took a pretty hard hit when the economy tanked. However...
PAINTBALL IS NOT DEAD!!! :dry:
There is a new park opening near Chicago as we speak/type.
Legacy Paintball + Airsoft Park

I cant wait for opening day!!!

37sps.com
Posted Image

37sps.com

#9 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:11 AM

I know the economy didn't help, but me becoming an adult hurt a lot.
Problem is, I work in kitchens. Weekends are our busy time (so I never get to the local field). Holiday weekends are even worse.
And this is when 90% of paintball is played. I've played once in the last year, at Fulda Gap, and the first weekend of November will probably be my next time to play. The rare weekends I get off of work now are for friends and family members weddings (and half the time, I'm helping cater them as my gift, so I'm working even harder).

Paintball ain't dead by any means, but it needs some help. |\X/

We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett

#10 User is offline   Sniper Cowboy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Christian Cowboy

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:32 AM

It's been a long time since I was on here last, as well. Looking at some of my old posts was a throwback for me, and not all of them in a good way... I had some terrible posts back in the day, lol. Learned a few lessons on this site, I can say that much. Anyway, yeah, things have sure changed here. Brigade is gone, a bunch of other stuff is gone. Dust in the wind, I guess.
"Go get my flamethrower." Doc of the Whiteboard Webcomic

#11 User is offline   Phobeus 

• You can't kill what you can't see...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Bushman

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:46 PM

yeah, growing up really put a damper on my paintballing. I used to live on this site back in highschool, it was my second home. But since then I joined the marines and my team fell apart for the most part. But I seem to have at least found a good field to do scenarios in California where I'm stationed. Any here ever been to SC Village or any of the associated fields?

#12 User is offline   CptObvious 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:57 PM

I went to SC Village for Decay of Nations 2 when I was stationed in Vegas. Field is fun, but they don't like having shirtless players. -_- I also giggled when they said that they wanted to break the world record for attendance. They could barely fit the 800 or so people that were there...what were they gona do, have people camp out on cow pies?
US Air Force
Posted Image
[/b]

#13 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:11 PM

View PostCptObvious, on 04 August 2013 - 08:57 PM, said:

...what were they gona do, have people camp out on cow pies?

Free fire fuel! haha

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users