• You cannot reply to this topic

First Game in 4 years just stopping by Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   -Crosshair- 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:20 PM

Hello All,

This is my first post on this forum in around 3 years. I used to be on this forum 24/7 back in 05-06, and if some of you know the name "-crosshair-," from back then, I would first like to apologize for how big of an arrogant, immature little kid I used to be. I recently decided to read back on what my 12-13 year old self used to say back then on this forum, typing like I "wuz 2 cool 2 type N proper english." Kind of embarrassing, actually. In 2008, I moved attended a public residential high school, and paintball fell of the face of the earth for me. All my gear was stowed away in boxes, not to be re-opened for nearly half a decade. A lot has changed in those years, to the point where I struggle to acknowledge the fact that it was actually me typing everything that "-crosshair-" had said. Now I am 20, going to school in Detroit for automotive design.

Anyways, back on topic.

A few weeks back, I started noticing flyers around the school about a student life funded paintball trip, and I got pretty excited about possibly revisiting my early teenage obsession. I had my old box of paintball gear shipped out, and received it a few days before the game. Inside the box was my old e2'd VF Tactical Autococker, which i purchased off these forums from a user named "Explosive." It was in the exact same condition as I had left it; squeaky clean, just in need of a battery change, a few o-rings, and some oil. It came back to life like it was put away yesterday. No leaks, no issues, shooting a consistant 285fps.

Needless to say I was pretty excited. I hadn't played in years, and it was nice to get back on the fieldThe games themselves were awesome. Played mostly in semi-close quarters outdoor setups, with mock towns and buildings. It was a private party, so only 20 or so of us were on the field, all students that go to my school. Most everyone there were using rental markers, and having there first paintball experience ever. Me and 4 more experienced guys teamed up in most of the games, but we were outnumbered maybe 2:1. It was a really evenly matched day all around. Got caught up on some of the latest news as well, having not heard a thing since 2008 (Since when did Smart Parts go out of business?)

Anyways, I just wanted to stop by, see what the lastest news was here, apologize for anyone who had to deal with teenage -crosshair- and possibly explore getting back onto the forums and into the sport.
Wait a minute, can you buy something specific at a general store???

#2 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

sounds like you had a blast .. cool .. i cant say that i remember you, but i was gone myself for a year at some point after i joined.

#3 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:06 AM

SP tanked when a big part of their investors get scared and called in their loans. SP didn't have the back up to pay them all off. They currently operate at GOG Paintball. Same lower end markers (same markers with different names).

But glad you're back. The sport needs new/returning blood.

Spec Ops, by the way, is owned by a whole new group than when you left. MOATI and the gang are gone. The new people have been rebuilding. We're waiting to see what comes of it.

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#4 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:38 AM

It's about time for me to play a game as well...it's been at least a few years. Unfortunately I sold most of my gear. I do miss it at times but life has not allowed me the time to go out and shoot some n00bs. Perhaps once I get some money together for a mask and some paint.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:14 PM

good to see you again spud !

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic