Special Ops Paintball: hurting more - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

hurting more Why up the FPS

#1 User is offline   -Hoot- 

• Paintball, its not a game, but a way of life....
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 19 July 2007 - 07:49 AM

Whats up with all the people wanting there gun to hurt more. I mean were not trying to kill each other we had one n00b turn velocity up from 260 to 325 because he wanted it to go farther and hurt more.thats no way to play paintball be sportsmen like shoot at under 300fps over that could injure someone and to be honest you won't hit anything ant 325 the owner of the field has 98c and shoots at 220fps and his gun with the 14'' barrel he has is wvery accurate and quiet he doens't crank velocity up but his balls bust everytime without hurting anyone. I know paintball is supposed to hurt some but try not to kill each other :ninja:
My want list How to Ghille your mask,By Curly fryOfficial Commander #62, Official Broadsword #46

#2 User is offline   zWarlord 

• Thought Police
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:zWarlord

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:15 AM

I get that alot at the shop i work it. I ge asked alot "which gun hurts more, i want the guys i play with to get hurt when i shoot em. I dont sell them stuff.
Also if you use good paint it realy doesnt hurt as much. If it breaks easily on you it wont hurt as much
Proud USF Bull

I am but a lifeguard in the human gene pool

#3 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Philipp122

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:41 AM

Also, sometimes people who want to be a sniper take the term to literally and crank up the velocity "to add range and accuracy."

I have never heard of a ball being more accurate because the velocity is higher. And as for range, the ball won't be accuratt that far anyways.

#4 User is offline   Aussie_bloke 

• Team Section 8
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Aussie_bloke

Posted 21 July 2007 - 12:39 AM

we have a policy at the field i play at, if you are caught doing it once, you are warned, you get caught doing it twice, you are asked to leave the field for the day, get caught again, dont ever come back!!

people need to realise that this is outdoors activity to help people bond and have fun, its people like that would do something as silly as this that makes me appreciate the weapons laws we have regarding paintball markers here in Australia.

but as players it is our responsibility to paintball and the people that play it to help police it and set a good image of paintball especially woodsball.
dont make people a priority, who are only making you an option

#5 User is offline   BlueDragonX 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlueDragonX

Posted 21 July 2007 - 11:55 AM

Yeah, shooting hot is bad. I'll pull you for a game if I catch you shooting hot and ask the owner to remove you after the second time.

Not related to shooting hot, but we had an adult out on the field last weekend. He was on a the field sidelines after he got eliminated during a game with his mask off shooting his marker. Trout told him repeatedly to put his mask on. He refused every time with something along the lines of "I know the dangers and I take responsibility" yada yada... Trout informed the owner and this individual was asked to leave. We used him as an example to the other groups we reffed that day.

Bottom line is, if you break safety rules because you're stupid, you will be asked to leave. A field has a reputation to uphold and we don't want kids getting the wrong idea about safety. Wear your mask and shoot safely!

Ghost Recon - Chord Mag - E-Mag - Stiffi vs. C-Series
"Smart Parts, Debunking Sir Isaac Newton one paintball at a time." -Arstron (on AO)

#6 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 21 July 2007 - 12:49 PM

We want it to hurt more be cause we're manly men doing manly men things.
If if hurts more, it's more manly :rolleyes:

People are stupid, that's the short and simple answer.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#7 User is offline   fliegendaffe 

• The Paintball Monkey
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Fliegendaffe

Posted 21 July 2007 - 12:53 PM

i HATE people who do this. i have someone on my team i played with at the scenario i went to earlier this month get shot in the side of the mask and it hit so hard the ball bounced and it also swelled his eye shut. all because just don't abide by the safety rules and crank up their FPS after chrono

This post has been edited by fliegendaffe: 21 July 2007 - 12:53 PM

#8 User is offline   H3 Proto 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2007 - 06:24 PM

People around here say that...I never play with them. The best explanation is stupidity. It's not even fun when it hurts that much.

It must make them more masculine. :ghillie:

-Warrior

#9 User is offline   blackman 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 25 July 2007 - 10:13 AM

the only thing velocity adds is range trust me i had a tippmann 98c with a 20" barrel and I cranked the velocity to 409 and it shot way less straight....and it left a guy a mark in the arm for like 2 months..lol....i didnt know back then it was my first gun...i didnt even know what velocity plus i thought it was at 285 and i didnt have a chrono in my backyard

This post has been edited by blackman: 25 July 2007 - 10:15 AM

#10 User is offline   -Hoot- 

• PipPip

Posted 25 July 2007 - 10:31 AM

Its fine and dandy to up FPS when not playing I do that but never on a field of play I put my A-5 on 400fps chronoed with Co2 and placed an old mask 20-25 ft away within 3 shots in the general area the mask had cracked and bent inward and one also went thru the plastic on the side
My want list How to Ghille your mask,By Curly fryOfficial Commander #62, Official Broadsword #46

#11 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2007 - 01:27 PM

Well my gun shoots about 200 yards when i put my sniper barrel on it. And if I turn up the velocity to 400 fps I can get it to hit a dime from 250 yards. :ghillie: :ninja: :panzer:

Did you like my "Super Dodgy"?

I hate it when people turn up their velocity. The only time it is a good thing is when they are shooting Monster Balls; it will hurt less because the balls might actually bust :D

#12 User is offline   -Hoot- 

• PipPip

Posted 25 July 2007 - 03:30 PM

View PostPhilipp122, on Jul 25 2007, 04:27 PM, said:

Well my gun shoots about 200 yards when i put my sniper barrel on it. And if I turn up the velocity to 400 fps I can get it to hit a dime from 250 yards. :panzer: :dodgy: :panzer:

Did you like my "Super Dodgy"?

I hate it when people turn up their velocity. The only time it is a good thing is when they are shooting Monster Balls; it will hurt less because the balls might actually bust :D

1st super dodgy pwns :)
2nd good point about monster balls :laugh:

#13 User is offline   Sp.Ed 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2007 - 03:43 PM

Monsterballs break??? I thought they were reusable practice balls :dodgy:
The opinions and statements expressed on this site are mine alone and are not sanctioned or approved by my Employer. I also assume all legal liability for those statements.

#14 User is offline   slidingbull 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 25 July 2007 - 03:47 PM

View PostSpedMDB, on Jul 25 2007, 06:43 PM, said:

lol........... :question:
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

Image size too large (160X600 Pixel limit)

#15 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2007 - 07:37 PM

View PostSpedMDB, on Jul 25 2007, 06:43 PM, said:

Well that's what I use them for. They are a better deal than practice balls because you get more for the money, the only problem is that every once in a while one breaks, and it leaves a mess. :P

:D :D :D

EDIT: Forgot my super dodgy!

:D :dodgy: :P

This post has been edited by Philipp122: 25 July 2007 - 07:39 PM

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users