The time has come im going mac, kicking and screaming Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Deus_Wolf 

• Resident Lurker, Always Watching Never Present
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Deus_wolf

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:56 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^I lol'd^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What really bothers me about macs is people who buy them, say they are better and don't know why. My sister left home for university and she insisted on getting the new macbook air, sure she paid for it but I showed her the crazy Laptop she could have gotten from any custom PC company for the same price that outperform the Air by a mile and she still insisted on her stupid mac. Especially the air that thing is like a toy. Don't get me wrong i have a Vigor Gaming XP laptop, a macbook pro and a vigor gaming Xp rig all sitting in harmony at my desk and my Macbook is superior in some way's to both but It's the people who think its a plain and simple better system that really bug me. A university I was at recently bought 400 mac desktops than had them all converted to Xp operating system. Thats just rediculus.

Playing THE Game with Honesty, Integrity and Determination since 2000

#17 User is offline   Goldenhand 

• SpecOps GFXT #4
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Goldenhand

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:00 PM

Check out craigslist, seriously! I found a few macbook pros for around $1200 with the ENTIRE adobe CS3 suite installed. Macbook pro all the way btw, I've always used PB but I want a macbook pro soooo bad... I say ask your parents for the $2k, then buy 2 macbook pros on craigslist, and send me one :P I'm sooo annoyed that my laptop broke :(

Fox urine nothing! I would rent an elephant from the local circus and give it a massive dose of ex-lax. I would then proceed to "cork it" with an attached string so when the kids show up KABLOOEE!!!!!! See if their parents can sue an elephant for defacating! -ZZaque

#18 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:16 PM

Why do you dislike Safari? Its definitely different from IE, but I like it better. Its all silvery and shiny... :blink:
You could download Firefox and/or Opera if you want something different.
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#19 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Beccolter

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:37 AM

View PostSpades, on May 18 2008, 06:00 PM, said:

its actually, ex line plus (x, -, +)... all in colored bubbles...and its called buying a 4 dollar usb laser mouse :o!!

lol i like the laptop mouses, i dont like carrying around lil laser mousies

View PostWardenWolf, on May 18 2008, 07:46 PM, said:

Well, you can put Vista in Classic mode and make it look like Windows XP or 2000. It's really easy to do, too. Also check out http://www.myvistathemes.com/

By the way, if you save your documents in RTF format, anything can read it.

i tried that, it just bugs me more because it all LOOKS normal but if i go to get something from the 'normal' spot it isnt there.

and no, i wont be gaming, just doing the classic thing where i multitask to the extent where my computer overheats and/or crashes... heh

lol i dont like safari BECAUSE its all silvery and shiney, damn you shiney distracting things

http://www.compusa.com/applications/search...p;CMP=OTC-YAHOO
heres another computer ive been told to get... but im not sure

This post has been edited by Beccolter: 19 May 2008 - 06:34 AM

#20 User is offline   SabreUK 

• Lounge Monkey
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Who cares?

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:35 AM

Meh, what's so bad about getting a Mac? They work, they're pretty, and they're good quality.
And if you don't want to learn how to use OSX then oyu can get Vista or XP installed on it. :D
Trust me they're not as terrible as all the Microsoft spooners make out.

And contrary to popular uneducated belief you can install most Programs available for Windows on em.

I've got 5 Macs in my house, and 2 very nice new Windows PCs and one Laptop with Vista on it, and I choose the macs over em any day (even thought I like vista a lot), even my older ones. But then again, I don't play games on them.

Plus, Becc, I thought you were into designing stuff on your comp? A Mac would suit you well I think. :P

This post has been edited by SabreUK: 19 May 2008 - 06:38 AM

#21 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:28 AM

Mac vs PC really comes down to your preference, so there's little point in debating which is better. Instead try to think of it in terms of what's more useful. Most of what I care about in a laptop is word processing and other homework-involved programs, and all that really matters there is compatibility with whatever network you're on. I say go ahead and do what you need to do to survive your school's mac obsession, regardless of how much you hate it -- by the time college rolls around, you'll need a new laptop anyway, so it's a temporary thing.
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight

#22 User is offline   OmgItsAFire 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:00 PM

This post has been edited by OmgItsAFire: 14 March 2014 - 05:29 PM

#23 User is offline   SabreUK 

• Lounge Monkey
  • PipPip

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:00 AM

View PostOmgItsAFire, on May 20 2008, 02:00 AM, said:

I know you don't care about games but this video is still funny.... lol by Rooster Teeth (made Red Vs. Blue)Mac Gamer.

5 minutes after posting this I saw a Mac commercial where the PC is singing about people leaving for the Mac

:laugh: That is funny. I like it. :D
But it's not true. :P

#24 User is offline   Veritech Squad 

• Come at me bro.
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:14 AM

Don't do it, are you out of your mind?! For the price you pay on a Mac, you can get an amazing PC with much better performance if not for less. At that, Mac is well known for putting out sub-par products and not taking care of their customers. Is this really what you want?
Wretched is the sound of my voice.

IN MY DROPSHIP ZIGZAGS STAY LIT

#25 User is offline   Tora 

• Yes, that is Barney. My Barney. No you can't have him.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:15 AM

View PostBeccolter, on May 18 2008, 05:20 PM, said:

i despise safari

it needs to die

in a hole

and be buried in a dumpster.

anything like it i wont like. the closer to explorer the better

i dont HATE macs, i just hate how theyre layed out... the doc bugs me. the lack of right click bugs me. the red-orange-green instead of line-square-x bugs me. the shininess bugs me. the lack of customisability and overorginization bugs me.

my biggest issue at the moment is budget. it looks like id really need a macbook pro, and 2500 is the starting cost for one with a 15inch screen

macs arevery nice computers.
If you do not like safari then download firefox which is 1,000 times better than internet explorer.
to right click on a mac all you have to do is hold bown controll and click.
by the way before mac came around, to open a folder you had to type in something like this c:/harddrive/ ect..
microsoft litteraly stole macs idea for clicking on a folder to open it.
mac sued but because of the lack of computer knowledge, mirosoft got away with it.
so the reason windows is the way it is is because Bill Gates stole Apples idea after it came out and copied it(but it was not as good). Then microsoft started give computers to schools so that students would become use to them and buy them when they bought a computer.
mac can get vireses but very few.
Macs look like they are SO expensive but they come with all the stuff that you have to pay extra for on windows.

This post has been edited by Tora: 20 May 2008 - 06:59 AM

FEEDBACK

My momma raised me the be SHAMELESS!

#26 User is offline   SabreUK 

• Lounge Monkey
  • PipPip

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:46 AM

You can right click with the new mighty mouse anyway. It's just another one of those mythical, uneducated rumours that people seem to have.
All you do is put more pressure on the right side of the mouse then you click. It's got a pressure sensor.
I've had macs for about 5 years. I'm pretty careless with my downloading and I've never had a virus.

#27 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:01 AM

View PostTora, on May 20 2008, 09:15 AM, said:

View PostBeccolter, on May 18 2008, 05:20 PM, said:

i despise safari

it needs to die

in a hole

and be buried in a dumpster.

anything like it i wont like. the closer to explorer the better

i dont HATE macs, i just hate how theyre layed out... the doc bugs me. the lack of right click bugs me. the red-orange-green instead of line-square-x bugs me. the shininess bugs me. the lack of customisability and overorginization bugs me.

my biggest issue at the moment is budget. it looks like id really need a macbook pro, and 2500 is the starting cost for one with a 15inch screen

macs arevery nice computers.
If you do not like safari then download firefox which is 1,000 times better than internet explorer.
to right click on a mac all you have to do is hold bown controll and click.
by the way before mac came around, to open a folder you had to type in something like this c:/harddrive/ ect..
microsoft litteraly stole macs idea for clicking on a folder to open it.
mac sued but because of the lack of computer knowledge, mirosoft got away with it.
so the reason windows is the way it is is because Bill Gates stole Apples idea after it came out and copied it(but it was not as good). Then microsoft started give computers to schools so that students would become use to them and buy them when they bought a computer.
mac can get vireses but very few.
Macs look like they are SO expensive but they come with all the stuff that you have to pay extra for on windows.

i honestly hate firefox too lol

and i know there are ways to right click, theres just not always as many options

#28 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:03 AM

View PostBeccolter, on May 20 2008, 10:01 AM, said:

:happy: Say what now?!?...:laugh:

#29 User is offline   GrimReaper 

• Member of Team Crossbow
  • Pip

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:21 AM

Ah yes! the constant battle between two different companies trying to be the one with the better computer!LOL
Grim

This post has been edited by GrimReaper: 20 May 2008 - 07:21 AM

#30 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:48 AM

View PostCesar, on May 20 2008, 10:03 AM, said:

View PostBeccolter, on May 20 2008, 10:01 AM, said:

:evil: Say what now?!?...:evil:

dont really know why... used it for about a month and decided explorer was a million times betterer

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users