• You cannot reply to this topic

Completly Surrounded and Outnumbered....what to do Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Minnesota Sn1p3r 

• Back on the Attack!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:MN Sn1p3r

Post icon  Posted 02 October 2009 - 08:38 PM

In the event that you are completly surrounded here are a few things you can do to try to stay in the game.

1.) Shoot a lot! This will make them think theres a lot of you.
2.) Make Noise! The more noise you make, the more people they think are attacking, the better
3.) If you have the opportunity to pick ur ground, pick the high ground, the higher the better
4.) Stay as low as possible, the lower you can get, the better chance you have of not getting hit
5.) Get really close, dont even let them breath, this is basicly a Kamikaze rush

These are just a few that I can think of, anyone feel free to add more! :)
"Its better to out-think your enemy than to out-fight them" - Sun Tzu

"I dont like paying for the same realestate twice" - General George S. Patton

#2 User is offline   Death180 

• Breaking away from InSaNiTy
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Death180

Posted 03 October 2009 - 11:37 AM

that pretty much sums it up in my opinion.
My setup:

Smart Parts Vibe
Invert Halo B
Hybrid 4+3 pack.
JT Proflex w/ Soft Ears

#3 Guest_MOATI_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 October 2009 - 02:25 PM

There's an old Marine saying that goes...

"Men...the bad news is, we're surrounded! The good news is, we can attack in any direction!"

Now there's a lot of truth in this. Don't be careless but your best chance of survival is a concerted and decisive assault at what you can quickly guess is the weakest point. Get outside of them and it's a whole new situation.

#4 User is offline   Beowulf 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Bubbahoetep

Posted 04 October 2009 - 12:40 AM

If they don't know you are there stay low and let them pass. Once they pass attack from behind.

If they know you're there and you have gernades, take as many as possible.

#5 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:33 AM

Calm down.

Think prior to movement.

Work your angles, play tight and conservative.

Move...smuch as possible. If you get pinned and trapped you will be hard pressed to control the tempo of the game.

Try to be unpredictable and surprize them.

Typical defensive situations you can win at thre or four to one odds. Keep your witts about you and you can win the day.

This post has been edited by Krazy8: 04 October 2009 - 03:34 AM

#6 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 04 October 2009 - 08:03 AM

View PostMinnesota Sn1p3r, on Oct 2 2009, 10:38 PM, said:

1.) Shoot a lot!

:D

:P

Yes. One thing I think is important is to conserve your ammo. Well, at my field anyways. Most of our games we go out with just a hopperful. So conserving paint is a big deal. Think "Stonewall Jackson". Make your shots count. If you can, position yourself in a spot where the opfor has to move across an open space, even if it is a short one. Even if brief, having a window to take them out on the way to your bunker is very helpful.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#7 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 04 October 2009 - 08:21 AM

1. Try to move to a place where you can see what's going on. You don't want a blind spot.

2. When the enemy gets very quiet they are planning something. That's your chance to move. They're not concentrating on you at the time plus they'll hate it.

3. Play aggressive. Some rules go out the window when outnumbered. ie .... it's ok to come out over the top of a bunker to fire instead of beside it.

4. When you move always try to have a back door.

#8 User is offline   wbsniper94 

• "what a man fears most is what he cannot see"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:wbsniper94

Posted 04 October 2009 - 05:19 PM

Out-numbered and completely surrounded; the first thing that comes to my mind would be to pick one direction and plan to attack there, with back-side support to cover our tail while pushing through the OpFor.

I would have 2/3(or the Large Squad) of my team to attacking the Opfor in one direction, this direction being where there is the least concentration of the OpFor. The other 1/3(small squad) of my guys would be following behind the Large Squad providing coverage on the Large squad's backside while the they pushes through the Opfor so we can get out of this predicament.

Reading this description, it seems kinda hard to follow, so here's a diagram to make it a bit simpler:

LS = Large Squad
SS = small squad
"OptFor" = Opposing Force
"---"= represents a small distance(10-20 FT) between the two squads

OptFor
								OptFor SM---LS pushes to the-> OptFor
											  OptFor

In other terms...

1. Coverage all directions and a main attack force on the smallest concentration on the OpFor.

2. This is no time to save paint, you have to get of there. Shoot!

3. Team work and Communication. No one player can make his/her way out of this alone.

4. Move quick and agressively. Confidence is intimidating if used properly.

This post has been edited by wbsniper94: 04 October 2009 - 05:28 PM

SHAMELESS GUYS unite !!!!!!! PUZ for PREZ
Shameless guys quote #1: "Real men eat burgers, not pie or ikes, that's just an epic fail."

#9 User is offline   Minnesota Sn1p3r 

• Back on the Attack!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MN Sn1p3r

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:56 AM

View PostI.K.E., on Oct 4 2009, 08:03 AM, said:

View PostMinnesota Sn1p3r, on Oct 2 2009, 10:38 PM, said:

1.) Shoot a lot!

:blink:

:)

Yes. One thing I think is important is to conserve your ammo. Well, at my field anyways. Most of our games we go out with just a hopperful. So conserving paint is a big deal. Think "Stonewall Jackson". Make your shots count. If you can, position yourself in a spot where the opfor has to move across an open space, even if it is a short one. Even if brief, having a window to take them out on the way to your bunker is very helpful.

Well, when I meant shoot a lot, i meant make them react as much as possible to what your doing, but im not saying burn through 2 pods, im saying shoot enough so that they worry...they dont just look up, see you shoot once and squash you.
"Its better to out-think your enemy than to out-fight them" - Sun Tzu

"I dont like paying for the same realestate twice" - General George S. Patton

#10 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:15 PM

if it's your team of 4 aginst an OPFOR team of 8 and they don't know how many of you there are or wear you are and you have them in range. I say light them up and use shock force. The shock of coming under sudden attack and the volume of fire from you will make the OPFOR think they are being attacked by a larger force and then you can pull back and fade into the woods before the OPFOR have the chance to regroup and launch a counter attack.
JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

#11 User is offline   EVERETTB2002 

• Adrenaline Junkie
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ev

Posted 08 November 2009 - 01:49 AM

check surroundings, aim, shoot, move on.
[QUOTE]
Sp-1 owner #2

#12 User is offline   raptorbite 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:raptorbite

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:33 AM

View PostMOATI, on Oct 3 2009, 02:25 PM, said:

There's an old Marine saying that goes...

"Men...the bad news is, we're surrounded! The good news is, we can attack in any direction!"

Now there's a lot of truth in this. Don't be careless but your best chance of survival is a concerted and decisive assault at what you can quickly guess is the weakest point. Get outside of them and it's a whole new situation.

I agree with MOATI.If your surronded,its pretty likely that in a couple seconds they will have an angle on you,and youll be taken out.You have to quickly assess the situation and attack the weakest point.I've had it happen to me several times,and I've even had it where I charged one player,took them out,come around the back of the other players who thought i was still in my original position,and have taken them out.
I miss the old days of sword beach and such

#13 User is offline   Spec Ops Gunner 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:59 PM

My theory is to get your guys, and know where they are at all times!
When you are surrounded lay down controlled supressive fire in the direction you are going to advance to from that point. Then after that rush the side that you have supressed, you will mostlikely bunker them, and catch them off guard. Once you get into a new position and you are not surrounded anymore, you fight like hell to get those guys out. I personally have a fully auto m-60 w/ bipod. It lays down awesome cover and assault fire. You then procede to light the other team up with rocket launcher fire from all sides,then pick a side you are going to move up and move up that side, but cover your flanks, usually by then they give up because from it going 20-us 40-them it went to 15-16 in a matter of minutes.

#14 User is offline   paintman161 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:paintman161

Posted 31 December 2009 - 08:36 PM

I would say shoot and move, if you can! if you start to shoot alot they will lock onto your location (its a paintball gun, not a rifle no loud echos), this is where you need to be sneaky and stay low and move quickly, look for big bunkers and alot of cover. Pick your shots and make sure they count you dont want to get into a gun battle with one guy while the rest of his team surrounds you and pin points you out.

#15 User is offline   Shadowolf 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:WOLF SHADOW

Posted 01 January 2010 - 08:18 AM

If your surrounded and outnumbered I would have to say to bust a hole in their defenses. Select a direction and take out the players closest to it. Make a run for it through that gap. If they persue you find a good defensible position and spread out. When they pass you up shoot them from behind. If they have way too many people to do this then pick a couple off and fall back. When theyget closer again pick off a few more. When you have them outnumbered they might not move but just defend the spot they're in. Then its just a game of stealth. Send in a sniper to pick off the rest of the opposing team. If they do not follow you in the beginning then createa thin surrounding line and pick them off from different points. One guy fires you fire and then a dif guy fires. Doing this willallow you to take them out without them knowing exactly were you are. Try to imagine it happening to you. a guy right beside you gets shot in the chest so you turn around to scan for enemies and then another guy gets hit from his side. Your spinning around looking for the enemy and all of a sudden your hit right in the back. Game over

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users