• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 29 February 2008 - 10:33 PM

Originally posted by me here: CLICK HERE

Or just read it here:

Background info:
This was the first force fed hopper I bought, although I had used a couple others before I bought it. I sold it a few months ago and now I use a Magna Drive. I owned this hopper for over a year, and it never broke on me once, it rarely chopped a ball.

Pro's:
- A LOT of upgrades are available for it, you have everything from rip drives, new shells, V35 board, APE board etc. etc.
- Now that some newer hoppers have started coming out (Magna Drive, JRNY, Torque) you can buy one used for "dirt cheap."
- Halo's looks good. They look good on just about any marker you put them on.
- Easy to use
-You can't "accidentally" turn it on without paying attention though.

Con's:
- On the heavier side
- A lot of people say the feedneck and shell are weak, but I used mine for over a year and had no problems at all. This con is just something I have heard, although I HAVE NOT EXPERIENCED THIS PERSONALLY, I have heard of it a lot. Mine took a beating and kept on going perfect though.
-Without rip drive, you have to open the lid and try to force the drive cone backwards with your finger, which is no fun at all in a game.
-Battery life. The battery life is probably 8-10 cases. If the low battery indicator light comes on, change them immediately.

Recommendation:
Read my review and find out if it would work for you, there are many choices out there. I like my magna more, but the halo gets the job done in most cases. Although, I prefer reloader B's over halo b's due to halo's using "eyes" and reloaders using sound activation.

#2 User is offline   maniac3641 

• Rabble, Rabble, Rabble
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2008 - 02:06 PM

Nice review buddy, they are good hoppers
Member of New England Inferno
Sponsored By:www.affordablepaintballs.com
New England Inferno Team Thread

#3 User is offline   CHICO5445 

• Die pond scum!!!!!
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:STL MERCINARIES

Posted 15 April 2008 - 03:58 PM

agreed...also one CON i found out last week (in the middle of a game) if you have dark color shelled paint for some reason the eyes dont see it and it comes up jammed.

#4 User is offline   shadow_772 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:44 PM

I have heard of that here and there, but never really experienced it...

#5 User is offline   beyond the grave 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:09 PM

Shadow, the problem with it not seeing dark shelled paint is actually somewhat common especially if it's a dull shelled paint as well. It has something to do with the eye logic. A lot of markers with bounce beam eyes have the same problem. I used a Halo B for about 2 years and then put a B2 board in it about a year ago mainly because the fields around me all had paint with darker shells. If I'm not mistaken aftermarket boards have better eye logic on them so dark shell paint wouldn't be a problem but I could be wrong. But if it does jam when you're using a dark shelled paint all you need to do is use the rip drive to clear it.

#6 User is offline   shadow_772 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 May 2008 - 07:03 AM

View Postbeyond the grave, on Apr 23 2008, 12:09 PM, said:

Shadow, the problem with it not seeing dark shelled paint is actually somewhat common especially if it's a dull shelled paint as well. It has something to do with the eye logic. A lot of markers with bounce beam eyes have the same problem. I used a Halo B for about 2 years and then put a B2 board in it about a year ago mainly because the fields around me all had paint with darker shells. If I'm not mistaken aftermarket boards have better eye logic on them so dark shell paint wouldn't be a problem but I could be wrong. But if it does jam when you're using a dark shelled paint all you need to do is use the rip drive to clear it.

I know it is fairly common, but as I had not experienced it myself (after about 1.5 years of use), I did not include it in my review.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users