• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

a5 upgrades

#1 User is offline   integlsdriver 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:23 PM

ok im new here i have an a5 with a 14inch smart parts barrel e-grip expansion chamber collapsable stock double trigger and bt spring im just wondering what else can i do i pretty much want people to kno who shot them when i do lol

#2 User is offline   nighthawk4 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:nighthawk4

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:34 PM

I would get some cyclone ups, metal ratchet for durability and squishy paddles for winter
(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your sig. to help
(")_(") him gain achieve domination!

#3 User is offline   Silent-7 

• Christian Paintballer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Silent-7

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:51 PM

Are you pretty set on keeping the A-5? Don't take me for a Tippmann hater - I've owned and loved my A-5 for over six years now. But you should consider how much money you actually want to put into it. After years of adding upgrades to my A-5, I started wishing I had upgraded it a lot more slowly, and saved the money to buy another marker to go with it (I've always wanted a Mag or a Blazer...). That's just something to keep in mind, because no matter what you do to the A-5, it will never perform as well as some other markers can.

That said, if you do want to keep upgrading the A-5, I would recomend something to improve the shot-to-shot consistency of your air supply. The expansion chamber is nice and all, but either a good regulator or a good HPA tank would be better. If you go the regulator route, I would recomend a Palmer's Stabilizer. That's what I have, and it is very effective. Many people cite them as allowing your marker to shoot more consistently with CO2 than it would with HPA. Or if you would like an HPA tank, Crossfire are supposed to be some of the best readily-available tanks out there. Make sure you buy a tank with a high-pressure reg on it.

Hope that helps!
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   MIR Sniper 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:54 PM

View Postnighthawk4, on Dec 17 2008, 04:34 PM, said:

I would get some cyclone ups, metal ratchet for durability and squishy paddles for winter

The stock ratchet is perfectly fine, and squishy paddles have had problems with ripping. If you want cyclone upgrades get the Q.E.P.H. and the Lightining Rod. But like I said that's IF you want Cyclone upgrades.

Have you considered a new grip? Such as an E-Grip? The E-Grip can shoot up to 30 B.P.S. but the cyclone only feeds around 17 so you would have to set the grip at around 17. You can buy Cyclone upgrades to get the Cyclone to feed 30 (Chech out Tech T, they make good Cyclone upgrades).

Where on the field do you play? What types of things are important to you? Speed? Quietness? Accuracy?

This post has been edited by A5 Dagger: 17 December 2008 - 03:54 PM

#5 User is offline   integlsdriver 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:00 PM

id like to get as much speed and accuracy as possible but i dont want to go bigger on the barrel as of now i think im puttin out 10 to 13bps thats fine with me

#6 User is offline   Silent-7 

• Christian Paintballer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Silent-7

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:28 PM

View PostA5 Dagger, on Dec 17 2008, 04:54 PM, said:

Have you considered a new grip? Such as an E-Grip? The E-Grip can shoot up to 30 B.P.S. but the cyclone only feeds around 17 so you would have to set the grip at around 17. You can buy Cyclone upgrades to get the Cyclone to feed 30 (Chech out Tech T, they make good Cyclone upgrades).

He already has an E-Grip; I don't think that it'll do 30BPS though. Mine sure doesn't. Perhaps with an APE board? I haven't looked into ROF upgrades much, personally...

You should be getting close to 15BPS with an E-Grip and stock cyclone - though 10BPS should be plenty in 98% of circumstances. I've been running my A-5 like that for years and it works like a charm. As far as accuracy goes (consistency is a better term...) the two big things I would recomend would be your air system (see previous post) and a good paint-barrel bore match. A barrel kit is one way to accomplish this, but simply choosing paint that matches your ordinary barrel (if you're not limited to field paint) can be just as good. Another option would be a PPS Brass barrel. Those are elliptically honed, and many people swear by them. I haven't had the priviledge of using one myself however.

This post has been edited by Silent-7: 18 December 2008 - 12:30 PM

Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users