• You cannot reply to this topic

which one should i get Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   voltron 

• Let us gingerly touch our tips
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:mysterguy

Posted 01 August 2010 - 07:46 PM

i need help deciding which gun to buy. Either a proto SLG '09-UL for $367 or a mini For $410. I don't really want to buy used because my local store tinks that for some reason they can charge more for a used gun with out any upgrades then for that same gun brand new. i want to try to avoid buying off the internet if i can.
Furthermore - if you are "deuce-ing" during a game, you have more things to worry about than camo kneepads. -ger

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave the world wondering how the hell you did it.

I wonder if I could turn one of those "Rascal" scooter thingies into an old-guy paintball tank? -Violator

#2 User is offline   Run'n Gun 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:KOLTENMOLTEN

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:52 PM

It depends... are you more of a built guy or a kinda skinny fast guy??

God Bless!!

#3 User is offline   voltron 

• Pip

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:06 PM

definitely more of a built guy
Furthermore - if you are "deuce-ing" during a game, you have more things to worry about than camo kneepads. -ger

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave the world wondering how the hell you did it.

I wonder if I could turn one of those "Rascal" scooter thingies into an old-guy paintball tank? -Violator

#4 User is offline   Run'n Gun 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:KOLTENMOLTEN

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:15 PM

Ok, then I would get the Proto. Mike did a review on the mini once and he said that even though it was a good gun... it was really small for him and his hands touched when he held the foregrip.

God Bless!!!

#5 User is offline   voltron 

• Pip

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:26 PM

what about upgrades? which has more?

#6 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:55 PM

Neither really needs all that many upgrades, they are both great out of the box.
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

#7 User is offline   voltron 

• Pip

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:53 AM

well i guess im gonna go with the proto. thanks for the help

#8 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:16 AM

Both will serve you well.
If you have long ladylike fingers, or large hands then the mini "may" annoy you. lol. due to the grip.

Both dont really need upgrades, you can rock them straight from the box, the UL is basically the "mus have" upgrade for the SLG anyways so you got the good stuff, If you really want. a barrel might be your next best bet.
If you have a loader on top, and a tank behind. fill up the paintballs and rock on.

#9 User is online   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:23 AM

If your local store has both, ask to hold them and see how they feel. Who knows? You may find the Mini fits your hands nicely. Not every big guy has big hands.

I worked with a guy same height and weight as me... he wore size small gloves compared to my xl. We called him Stubby.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#10 User is offline   voltron 

• Pip

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:38 PM

ive already held both and they both feel good in my hands

#11 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:47 PM

View Postvoltron, on 02 August 2010 - 01:26 AM, said:

what about upgrades? which has more?

Don't worry about "upgrades" for a marker. Honestly. The only thing you should need to improve on a marker when it comes out of the box is maybe the ASA, maybe the feedneck, and usually the barrel. If you have to dump hundreds of dollars into a marker "Upgrading" it when you already spent hundreds on it to start you should avoid said marker. It isn't worth your time. Just buy one that is blinged out to start and save the headache and all the spare parts you'll have lying around
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#12 User is offline   voltron 

• Pip

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:55 PM

i wasnt planning on spending hundreds of dollars, i was talking about boards IF i was going to get a new one and all of the things you mentioned

#13 User is offline   Private Silver 

• Das poomp
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Private Silver

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:41 PM

well, either way, most places use semi anyway, so ramping/rof boards are pretty much useless other than fun mess around. Barrel, eh, Proto's come with a stock 11", which isn't too bad, as i have one, and the feedneck is...eh, def the first thing to get is a clamping feedneck. Asa wise, mine has a slight leak but im fairly sure its not my asa, its the macroline itself cuz if i jiggle it around a bit i can find a sweet spot where it stops.

Short version, No upgrades needed other than a feedneck honestly. Barrel is optional, as the stock one is surprisingly good, and the rest of the gun is great out of the box.
Posted Image
SO Feedback +2/ E-bay feedback +14

#14 User is offline   voltron 

• Pip

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:44 PM

thanks man

#15 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:38 AM

View Postvoltron, on 03 August 2010 - 01:55 AM, said:

i wasnt planning on spending hundreds of dollars, i was talking about boards IF i was going to get a new one and all of the things you mentioned

wasn't trying to be condescending. Sorry if i came across that way. Just trying to save you a head ache and tons of money. So many people buy a marker then spend hundreds upping it. To me that is just a waste. They usually have enough spare parts left over when they are done to make a full second marker. That is just silly.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users