• You cannot reply to this topic

Gas line? I'm abit skeptical. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Wags94 

• Wags
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Wags

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:59 PM

I was planning on buying a remote air system for my marker. Lately, I've heard they only work with everything that isn't CO2, is this true? I use CO2 alot, but would like it if I didn't have to deal with the huge canister stuck to the back end of my marker. So, is the remote a good choice? or no? if anybody could, I would like the pros and cons of the remote air system.
Paintballer
Cross-Country Runner

#2 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:03 PM

You can use remote lines with CO2. Only reason you couldn't would be if it's made of macro line or similar because of CO2 spiking.

Any PB braided line can be a remote line for CO2.

I'm not good with pros and cons because I hate them. However I will advice on certain things.

1. get a slide check.

2. Don't use a warsensor - pmi is better. (longer, more pliable and smaller coils.)

#3 User is offline   Zzaque 

• Voce nao pode ser serio!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Zzaque

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:14 PM

I just switched over to the remote coil thing a few weeks ago for the same reason (wanting that huge tank off my gun).
Yes, it will work with co2.
Yes, the feel of having that heavy cylinder off your gun and on your back is a huge relief.

Now some people will probably say a bunch of crap about how the remote coil gets stiff and impedes your movement. I played and paid attention to all the tiny details that people mention. I have to say that I did not notice any stiffness in the line while playing. It does take a little getting used to and if you have been playing with your air on gun for a while your subconcious might still try to compensate for the weight that is no longer there.

I agree completely with slinkyaroo that you want a slide check. You also will want to make sure you know which way is "off" before you connect your co2 tank. (ever seen a fire hose turned on with nobody to hold it?) Yikes! I think I managed to freeze off a few warts during that accident. A lot of what you hear is going to be personal preference and my comments here are no different. I liked the change to remote air and I hope you do too. Hope this helped.
"So, I can't find any Vitamin B-12 pills . . . can't I just give him 2 Vitamin B-6's?"
-A Confused Nurse-

#4 User is offline   Wags94 

• Wags
  • PipPip

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:07 PM

Okay, thank you!
A few questions. What is a slide check? I honestly haven't heard this term before.
Slinkyaroo said that any PB braided line can be a CO2 remote. I get the braided, but what is the PB?
Paintballer
Cross-Country Runner

#5 User is offline   Zzaque 

• Voce nao pode ser serio!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Zzaque

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:16 PM

a slide check is a little plastic piece that slides between 2 positions on the remote line. It is usually close to where you plug the line into your gun. If you don't have one you have to plug the line into your gun before you turn on your co2 or else you will lose half of your co2 tank and probably get whipped in the face by the line. The slide check is kind of like an on/off switch for your co2. This means that if you want to take your gun off the line in between games to repair it or clean it you can pull the slide check back and this will depressurize your gun (meaning you can disconnect it from the hose without co2 blasting everywhere. When you reconnect the hose to your gun you then move the slide check back up and it lets co2 flow back into your gun.

In short: It makes the whole remote air experience a lot nicer.
hope this helped.
"So, I can't find any Vitamin B-12 pills . . . can't I just give him 2 Vitamin B-6's?"
-A Confused Nurse-

#6 User is offline   Iron Eagle 

• Emotionally Exhausted & Morally Bankrupt
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Angry Badger

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:54 PM

Get a remote remote ASAP. Its one of the best upgrades I've put on my gun, and I can't play without it. People say that it will get tangled up, get caught on brush, ect, butt listen to those guys. Mine never gets tangled or caught. One last thing, don't get a braided remote, instead, get a coiled remote. Braided lines will tangle up, because they stick out from your air tank. Yes, you can use CO2.
Ambassador of intelligence, deliverer of logic, mirror to the obvious

#7 User is offline   pbleonidus 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:pbleonidus

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:55 PM

i use one, and i'm sure that you would like it, it's a ton lighter, and they do work with CO2, and it acts as an expansion chamber wich helps a lot, i mostly use HPA but i also use CO2 sometimes so i do know what i'm talking about, and the only realy cons i can think of would be that it's harder to refill a tank, and that you cant realy truly switch hands because you are still teathered to the side that the remote is pretruding form, but i would deffinitly buy one. and for the tank refiling you can find a quick refil hose at www.scenarioarms.com but i think it only works with HPA, hope this helps.

This post has been edited by pbleonidus: 30 October 2008 - 04:58 PM

" Paintball, it's more than just a game, it's a way of life." Blake Wozniak (PBLeonidus)

#8 User is offline   Wags94 

• Wags
  • PipPip

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:29 PM

Okay, tank you for all the help. But now, i've got somebody telling me a coiled remote is better and others telling me a braided one is better??
Paintballer
Cross-Country Runner

#9 User is offline   Iron Eagle 

• Emotionally Exhausted & Morally Bankrupt
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Angry Badger

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:55 PM

Get a coiled remote. Like I said, braided remotes will get caught up on brush, because instead of being up against your body, they stick out from your body. Another benefit of coiled remotes is that there is more room for the CO2 to expand, which in turn creates a large expansion chamber. Braided lines don't have nearly the amount of expanding space in them.

This post has been edited by Iron Eagle: 30 October 2008 - 06:56 PM

Ambassador of intelligence, deliverer of logic, mirror to the obvious

#10 User is offline   Guy In Digi Camo 

• The Forum Authority On Alaska- pm me if you have any ?'s
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Guy In Digi Camo

Posted 31 October 2008 - 06:36 PM

Get a remote it makes everything alot easier However if you have any large expansion chambers on your gun, except stabilizers like the palmer stabilizer, take them off because between the two the preassure will be too low and youll get maybe half of what youd normaly get out of a tank.
Going to be in Alaska check out my up to date post where you can get your questions answeredAlaska

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users