• You cannot reply to this topic

Custom Broadsword Vest

#1 User is offline   Gfei 

• Paintball Junky
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Gfei

Posted 08 August 2006 - 01:16 PM

I ordered a custom vest about a month ago and just received it last week. Finally I've had the opportunity to use it or an extended period over the past weekend.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The front is arranged just like any Broadsword, the back however I had converted to better suit my tastes.

I had all the pod pouches rotated (all four that I wanted anyway) so that I could easily grab them with my left hand, then had the tank pouch attached on the right hand side vetically (I run CO2 and don't trust it lying on its side). I had them install rip cords instead of the rubber pull tabs (easier to grab).

Finally I had the vest custom sized, so it is a medium with the length of the large.

So... I love this vest, it is truely a thing of beauty. It feels great, and looks pretty slick with my digi camo too. I purchased a vest because I was sick of pod packs that are uncomfortable to wear, and have a tendensy to move around while you're playing (especially if you try to crawl or go prone). The vest doesn't dissapoint, I've run, sprinted, crawled, tripped and rolled, tripped at a full sprint and flown like superman, and not once has this vest budged.

The area I see for imporvement is on the rip cords, if I were attaching them I would have them ru right up to the edge of the pod pack (these only go half way so you still have to reach a bit to get to them). They work, but not quite as well as they could. I also noticed that are no clips for the integerated sling, which I thought were inlcuded by default on the broadsword now. But these are not fatal flaws by any stretch of the imagination.

All things considered, this is one of the best purchases I have made along with my new 98c. I recommend one of these vests (stock or custom) to anyone. SpecOps and COPS911 do a superb job, you won't be let down.

Gfei

#2 User is offline   Gunner.30 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:gunner.50

Posted 08 August 2006 - 01:42 PM

nice vest i wish my best had rip cords <_<
gunner
SPEC. OPS. SWORD BEACH '07 *INVASION *OF* NORMANDY*
My grandma always used to say," Some men wear makeup, some men carry big guns, which one would you rather be?"-JKLNHYD
BROADSWORD
-we bring the fire to the firefight

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users