• You cannot reply to this topic

Stock class harnesses Cheap and easy to make Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   THE_Sniper 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:THE_Sniper

Posted 14 December 2007 - 03:43 PM

I have made my own stock class harnesses for free at home. They will hold 10 rnd tubes and 12 grams, depending on where you wear them. First off you need a set of garters. just in case you dont know what that is, they are designed to keep you shirt tucked in by attaching the bottom of your shirt to the top of your socks, using elastic bands. These are very easy to find, military surplus, uniform stores ect. I used the vanguard brand, and they worked fine.

First thing you need to do is estimate a length of the garter to simply sew together to make a loop that will securely hold the 12 grams or tubes in place without them falling out or banging together, potnentially giving away your position.
Remember not to make the loops very far apart because when you wear this, its going to strech out.

I found that the easiest way to make loops stay in place was by using a staple gun to hold the pieces together and bending the staples in to stay in place. Sewing works as well, but is much more time consuming.

Make as many loops as you can, without making the garter to short to strap around your leg/wrist ect.

I also used elastic straps from old knee pads to make wrist harnesses. They are comfortable and dont move around too much.

This takes a small amount of creativity, and very little skill to do. Considering that most stock class harnesses cost upwards of 25$, this is a very cheap alternative. Garters can cost 3-5 dollars and the staple gun might be 15 bucks or better, but you can make as many harnesses as you need. It takes me about 15 minutes to put together a simple harness for wrist or leg, but im still workin on a waist harness. The materials to make this if you cant get garters are easily found at any wal-mart. Elastic straps, a cheap staple gun, wire cutters for making the staples the right length after you apply them, or a needle and thread. Tying the ends together may look odd, but with the garters connect end to end with no problem.

My harnesses are so sturdy i can run, jump and even try to shake them to drop the 12 grams or bang them together and they wont(I did this with 2 leg harnesses full of charged 12 grams on). The harness itself moves a little bit, but wont fall off or come undone. I stretched mine pretty far and it wont tear or release the staples(dont use a regular stapler...)

If anyone have questions, comments, or more ideas please post them.

EDIT:
Here are my leg harnesses

Attached File  leg_harnesses.jpg (64.53K)
Number of downloads: 6

they fit really well.

Wrist harness

Attached File  wrist_harness.jpg (56.65K)
Number of downloads: 3

It was made from old kneepad straps and its super comfy.

Waist harness

Attached File  1215071447a.jpg (62.54K)
Number of downloads: 2

The potential of this thing is endless, creativity is all thats needed

Here is some of the sewing i did

Attached File  1215071446b.jpg (61.42K)
Number of downloads: 1

Eh its a little crooked but i dont have a sewing machine...

Attached File  Waist_harness_on.jpg (65.61K)
Number of downloads: 4

These are all shown in full C02 cartriges because thats how i tested them. I put everything on and ran, jumped, spin, wiggle, whatever you do while you play, these arent going anywhere.

This post has been edited by THE_Sniper: 15 December 2007 - 02:18 PM

Jesus loves you, everyone else thinks your an idiot.
If there was a fire in your house and the first thing you would grab would
be your paintball gear, put this in your sig.

The day i get shot with a frozen paintball, or any solid object coming from a paintball marker for that matter, will be the first day someone dies from paintball related death thats not an accident.

#2 User is offline   dougdeb 

• ________
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KWEIMATHA

Posted 14 December 2007 - 03:49 PM

I'll be the first to ask...pictures please.... ;)

Sounds like a great solution.

Doug
If the person on the other end of your gun does not walk away eagerly anticipating the next game because of your actions,
you have failed as a paintballer.

#3 User is offline   stolz 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:STOLZ

Posted 14 December 2007 - 09:58 PM

pix :D

#4 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 14 December 2007 - 10:00 PM

come on, no pics?!? thought you would have known by now :D
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   C9H13NO3 

• Miramar Mafia
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:C9H13NO3

Posted 14 December 2007 - 10:12 PM

i have a sewing machine, elastic, velcro, buckles, snaps, etc. I think I'm going to sew up a nice one. Maybe do custom work for cheap too. I made a nice shoulder harness for my pistol in iraq.

This post has been edited by C9H13NO3: 14 December 2007 - 10:12 PM

#6 User is offline   XziviT 

• Mess with the Best Die like the Rest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:XziviT

Posted 14 December 2007 - 11:48 PM

Still waiting for pics...

-X
Posted Image
Yo pertenesco al Guerrero que de lo Antiguo se fuciona a lo Nuevo. Maj. X, Callsign: Matrix
As I walk through the Valley of Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil, for I am the meanest Creature in the Valley. Gen. Patton

#7 User is offline   THE_Sniper 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:THE_Sniper

Posted 15 December 2007 - 02:12 PM

The pics are up, enjoy them. Take note that some of the harnesses were made with a staple gun instead of sewing... not posted in pics.
Jesus loves you, everyone else thinks your an idiot.
If there was a fire in your house and the first thing you would grab would
be your paintball gear, put this in your sig.

The day i get shot with a frozen paintball, or any solid object coming from a paintball marker for that matter, will be the first day someone dies from paintball related death thats not an accident.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users