Special Ops Paintball: Easy (and cheap) hydration in the midst of a game... - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Easy (and cheap) hydration in the midst of a game...

#1 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

• Accuracy through Volume of Fire!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Shadowjackal

Posted 10 June 2007 - 05:26 PM

I am sure that many people have tried this, but, I will tell you the cheap solution to hydration in the midst of a game. I took a cheap bottle of bottled water (Sam's Coice) this is important as you need it to be able to collapse, better plastic bottles may not do that. Take some plastic hose, like the line you use for ice makers in refrigerators, drill a small hole in the lid (after you have removed it from the bottle.) Force the hose through until it can touch the bottom of the bottle. Use electrical tape to keep the hose from moving and screw it back onto the bottle. I used a 2 + 1 harness and carried it in the pouch that your tank would go in. It worked fairly well for what it was... and the guys did not even make fun of it... As it gets warmer keeping yourself hydrated is crucial and this helped me not to get parched in the midst of a game... Just an idea.
Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. My lovingkindness and my fortress, My high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the ONE in whom I take refuge!

Automags: Because only the best will do!

#2 User is offline   theLizzard 

• I feel loved
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:theLizzard

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:05 AM

That's a very good suggestion for everyone who does not have a hydration system. The next few months of play it is VERY IMPORTANT to drink LOTS OF WATER when playing. If you feel thirsty, you're already somewhat dehydrated. And don't rely solely on sports drinks, either. They contain carbs, and carbs take a lot of water from your system to process. Also, if you take in too many carbs, you will get the runs which will only dehydrate you more.
Good luck, Goldy.
ZombieAtak rules.
Z?
"Sometime from now you'll bow to pressure, some things in life you cannot measure by degrees"
"The nerd is an empire..." -Legato

#3 User is offline   Murdoc 

• Team Shockwave
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:MURDOC88

Posted 11 June 2007 - 08:17 PM

That's a good idea.

I personally have a CamelBack hydration system, but yours is an excellent concept for those short of funds.
- Murdoc
- Team Shockwave

#4 User is offline   ag09 

• Pro Rec Baller
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:AG09

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:40 PM

I just found a camelbak clone at academy today for $15, pack and bladder. It hods 2 liters, so thats like 65-66 oz. I'm gonna have a trial by fire for it this Saturday, I'll let you know how it works. It seems pretty nicely made, has a few minor pockets for stuff, and the securing strap that goes across the chest.
<a href="http://www.academy.com/index.php?page=content&target=products/outdoors/hunting/backpacks&start=10&selectedSKU=0374-04330-1702" target="_blank">Here is a link to it
</a>

Update: Forgot to add, if you looking for it, its in the hunting section with their camo backpacks and stuff.

This post has been edited by ag09: 11 June 2007 - 10:57 PM

Give me an army of West Point graduates, I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war! - Patton
Texas Legion - Central Texas

#5 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

• PipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2007 - 07:26 AM

The ice maker connector hose I said to use above is a very stiff plastic line and it has the tendency to want to curl up in this application. I have since found some softer, clear rubber line that lays closer to my side and has less chance of getting snagged and pulling away... Call this the Cheap Hydration system Mark II...
Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. My lovingkindness and my fortress, My high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the ONE in whom I take refuge!

#6 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2007 - 01:23 AM

I used a Nalgene 32oz plastic water bottle as a subsitute to a water Bladder, drilled a hole on top of the cap and got a Camel Back Repair Kit ($20) from a Sporting Goods Store, ran the rubber hose through the hole and sealed it wit Waterproof Silicone Sealent, it work really well...then after a year of using that, I finally got myself an actual Camel Back.

#7 User is offline   little_ben 

• Cowards die many times before their death
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:little_ben

Posted 22 June 2007 - 02:14 AM

i bought a nydration bladder for my vest for $7 at walmart.

#8 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 22 June 2007 - 08:18 AM

I have two camel baks. One two liter, one three. They are life savers. Let me tell you. Wouldnt hit the field from spring on til fall without one.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#9 User is offline   ag09 

• Pro Rec Baller
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:AG09

Posted 22 June 2007 - 10:51 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot to update.
I used it for the first part of the game, but once I realized that our deadbox was at our truck/staging area with the drinks, I took it off. But I can tell it was really nice for the time I was using it. So nice when your in a game, to be able to take a few seconds and get a gulp of life renewing water. I got a 2 liter one, and it does add some weight, but thats the trade off. I filled it up to capacity, which was probably not necesary but hey. Really worth it if you can find a cheap one and need it for long games.
Give me an army of West Point graduates, I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war! - Patton
Texas Legion - Central Texas

#10 User is offline   Joey Skywalker 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:superstarwarsfan

Posted 23 June 2007 - 07:53 PM

A very good idea. I will be sure to use this. I'll even add it to my siggy ;)
If it moves SHOOT IT. if you're somewhat sure he's not a ref SHOOT HIM. If he's on your own team and you're bored SHOOT AWAY!

Good topics you should read:Poll for Poll Jukie's I-II-III-IV-V -VI ALWAYS WEAR A MASK Make your own paint grenades Stay hydrated in-game Smoke grenades A new mask idea

G.R.O.S.S. club member #3

#11 User is offline   Joey Skywalker 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:superstarwarsfan

Posted 25 June 2007 - 03:45 PM

Why can't I give this board 5 stars? it wont let me!
If it moves SHOOT IT. if you're somewhat sure he's not a ref SHOOT HIM. If he's on your own team and you're bored SHOOT AWAY!

Good topics you should read:Poll for Poll Jukie's I-II-III-IV-V -VI ALWAYS WEAR A MASK Make your own paint grenades Stay hydrated in-game Smoke grenades A new mask idea

G.R.O.S.S. club member #3

#12 User is offline   Trial 

• In the beginning, there was Jack...
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TRIAL

Posted 26 June 2007 - 05:13 PM

I just use a camelback. Legs you are right, they ARE lifesavers.

#13 User is offline   J.W.Pepper 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 30 June 2007 - 06:25 PM

I just got an army issue camelback from my brother. Im hoping to use it at ION in 2 weeks. Usually we stage games at the vehicles so bottle of soda is the norm.
South Eastern Pennsylvannia Paintball Community www.sepapaintball.com
T-E-A-M R-A-G-N-A-R-O-K WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS...
www.teamragnarok.com
SPONSORS:
http://www.WDP.tv| http://www.JtSports.com| http://www.FogTech.com| http://www.Jassepaintball.com| http://www.HooahBar.com| http://www.HoffmanPaintball.com| http://www.StrategyPlus.com

#14 User is offline   -XF-Psycho 

• you say psycho like it's a bad thing...
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:-XF-Psycho

Posted 30 June 2007 - 07:11 PM

this past weekenf I just put a bottle in one of my +2's because I lot the mouth pice during a fire fight for my hydro pack I keep n my vest.
You say PSYCHO like it's a BAD thing...

#15 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

• PipPipPip

Posted 01 July 2007 - 06:38 PM

Evil Fingers,

That is a great idea! We have Nalgene bottles everywhere at work! I never thought about using one of those! :ghillie: I will grab one from the storage room tomorrow... Thanks for the improvement. Call it the Cheap Hydration System Mark III... It will fit in the tank pouch of my 2 + 1 Redz pouch very well.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users