Special Ops Paintball: What is the BEST woodsball marker at any price??? - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What is the BEST woodsball marker at any price??? The catch is it must run on CO2 . . .

#1 User is offline   Open Sights LLC 

• Open Sights, LLC
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:13 AM

I currently own over 30 Tippmann 98 Cutoms with my little paintball field business. I love Tippmanns, and I don't appologize for that. (Haa Haa!!!) But, I really would be open to another gun--for my personal gun, not for my rentals--IF someone could expain to me how another brand / gun would be even better. I do not ask this sarcastically. I am truly open to getting the best for my needs, whatever that may be.

I often hear people talk about "blow-back" guns. I don't know what that means, to be honest. I have been in paintball for more than six years. I am no newbie to the game, but I know I don't know everything. But anyhow, they always talk about "blow-back" guns (like Tippmanns and such) as the cheap guns or the starter guns. So in light of this, I honestly ask this question:

"What is the BEST woodsball marker out there, regardless of the cost???"

Let me give you a few restrictions, however. And, I know that these restrictions will definitely limit you on the markers you'll be able to recommend. But, that's okay. It will help you, help me. Otherwise, you'll be recommending guns to me that won't serve my purposes.

1. It must be truly a woodsball gun, meaning it must be black or camo or the like.

2. It must have a paintball feed system that allows for a scope mounted on top that would not be restricted. I know with many speedball guns, the hopper feeds straight down on the top not allowing for unrestricted sighting. I don't want anything like that.

3. It must run well on CO2. I do not mean it should run better on CO2 than on other air types. I know that that does not exist; CO2 is ALLOWS the worst. But, it must be a gun that will work just fine on CO2. This is a MUST. In my area, there is virtually no place that fills any other air types. Plus, I have my own CO2 fill station for my paintball field business. So unfortunately, being able to run on CO2 well is a MUST!!!

I want to buy the best marker, not necessarily spend the most money. But, I am willing to do that if that will get me the best marker.

Thanks, in advance. I will be curious as to what you folks will come up with. I will consider your advice very seriously, as high-end markers is something I know virually nothing about.
Open Sights, LLC

"What is right is not always popular, and what is popular is not always right."

"Our job is simply to do what is right . . . and let God worry about the details."

#2 User is offline   Pyrate Jim 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:20 AM

Best for one person may be the worst for someone else.

There is no "best", merely personal preference.
CT co-ordinator, Paintball Marshals
http://www.pbmarshals.com/
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6

#3 User is offline   CB103 

• Teach the Controversy
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cb103

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:30 AM

The best marker I know of that fits all of your criteria would be the palmer blazer. They can be set up pretty much however you like and run well on CO2.

http://www.palmer-pursuit.com

As a side note though, there's nothing wrong with the blowback design. It's just that since it's simple and cheap to produce it's become associated with cheapo starter guns.

Also depending on the application CO2 can match or outdo an HPA system's performance.
"You must be mad," said the Cheshire Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Official Spec Ops Pump Users #25

#4 User is offline   spartan_666 

• SPARTAN LEADER 666
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:666spartan666

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:39 AM

get the tippmann x7 runs well on c02 and u have a clear line of sight down the top of it. and its black
"GIVE THEM NOTHING BUT TAKE FROM THEM EVERY THING"

#5 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:42 AM

RF PPS Blazer. http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/ecom/product...9a0fb523d722a03

Right feed, .22 rail integrated into the gun, black, absolutely LOVES CO2. In fact, I've heard many many people say that their Blazers seem to run smoother on CO2. I, personally, use CO2 exclusively without any issues. It is by far going to be the best gun within your criteria.

#6 User is offline   paintball valley 

• Nazi Mods 4TL
  • PipPip

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:45 AM

Given the specifications you have set forth, I'd suggest going with a Tippmann and maxing it out performance wise. You might even consider a nice custom SO Dura coat finish, if money really isn't an object.
If you can't hit him in 3 shots... You are probably in the way of someone who can... MOVE!!!
If Nikola Tesla had invented a paintball marker it would have been an electro-pnuematic.
"Every facet, every department of your mind needs to be programed by you, and unless you accept your rightful responsibility and begin to program your own mind; the world will program it for you." - Evil Nine: "Cake Hole" (possibly sampled from Timothy Leary)

...Fat chicks need love too, but they gotta pay. - Glen Quagmire

#7 User is offline   Millslane 

• i give up
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Millslane

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:49 AM

i guess what we are really looing for is a marker that runs great off Co2 (not many out there that can say they run GREAT off it) probalby needs to be able to be black of some other woodish color.

well, it ain't a tippmann. thye run off Co2 sure, but its more like the Co2 is running them. terriable consistenct and effeciancy from a Tippmann. yes it will run foreverm but unless you do some upgrading its never going to preform like we all wish our tippmanns would.

the answer is left with only one clear choice (beacuse of the whole Co2 part) with the PPS Blazer. you will spend just as much, and probably more on a tippmann and the necessasy upgrades for it to preform really well. and even then its still not up to par with the Blazer. hmm, less money spent, less stuff hanging off your marker and it will still beat out the competition hands down. pretty easy answer.

right out of the box, strait from palmer, not upgrading or changing of parts needed and it preforms just as well off Co2 as any nice HPA tank out there. last weekend my chrono numbers were 277 277 276 277 using Co2 with my Blazer.

sorry guys, it doens't get any better then that.

This post has been edited by Millslane: 08 June 2007 - 09:51 AM

#8 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:51 AM

No Tippmann could ever match the performance of a Blazer, as Jackson and CB103 have suggested. PPS Typhoons are also very nice, too. They've got a bit more of a rifle feel, but come mainly nickel-plated.

Failing those, get an AGD Tac-One Automag with a right- or left-feed body and a Warp Feed or a Q-Loader. The Tac-One has about the best blend of performance, cost and scenario looks you can get.
EDIT: Tac-Ones don't run on CO2, though. PPS markers run great on CO2, though.

This post has been edited by Marauder_Pilot: 08 June 2007 - 09:52 AM

#9 User is offline   Pzippy 

• Future Pope
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Pzippy

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:55 AM

Perhaps a Classic Valve'd Tac-One, since the X-Valve doesn't use CO2.
AO Search HEMOG

I WANT YOUR XBOX 360!

#10 User is offline   CB103 

• Teach the Controversy
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cb103

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:14 AM

I'd considered a classic valved automag of some sort, but even with the classic valve they won't run as well on CO2 as a blazer would
"You must be mad," said the Cheshire Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Official Spec Ops Pump Users #25

#11 User is offline   Millslane 

• i give up
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Millslane

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:25 AM

View PostCB103, on Jun 8 2007, 10:14 AM, said:

I'd considered a classic valved automag of some sort, but even with the classic valve they won't run as well on CO2 as a blazer would

well, to be fair, nothing does :happy:

80 shots per ounce of Co2 and darn near prefect consistency.

#12 User is offline   heisman01 

• "the appraiser"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:heisman01

Posted 08 June 2007 - 12:04 PM

all aftermarket parts mag with classic valve or blazzer... why is it you cant use HPA i mean u own a feild/shop correct?

#13 User is offline   Open Sights LLC 

• Open Sights, LLC
  • PipPip

Posted 08 June 2007 - 12:32 PM

View Postheisman01, on Jun 8 2007, 03:04 PM, said:

all aftermarket parts mag with classic valve or blazzer... why is it you cant use HPA i mean u own a feild/shop correct?

I do own a small painball field, yes. But, it would be a long story to explain why my situation is unique . . . so let's just say that it is not cost effective--in my situation--to get setup for HPA or nitro or whatever. So unfortunately, CO2 is a reality for me and my equipment. And since accuracy--therefore consistancy--is what I go for, it is a shame that I cannot get away from CO2, but I just cannot!!!

Thanks to all of you for your helpfulness. I am going to SERIOUSLY look into this PPS Blazer that so many of you seemed to have agreed would serve me well. I have one of their stablizers on my personal 98C right now. So, I have delt with Palmer before.

I am in the process of switching my personal setup over to a remote line with a verticle tank (I ordered a Special Ops custom vest about 4 weeks ago) and an inline expansion chamber before the regulator, which is on the gun. I am trying to do all I can to make CO2 as stable and accurate as possible because that is what I have to work with.

So this PSS Blazer, will that prove to be a more accurate marker than the Tippmann markers or just yeild a higher rate of fire OR both??? Just curious.

Thanks, all.
Open Sights, LLC

"Our job is simply to do what is right . . . and let God worry about the details."

#14 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 08 June 2007 - 01:17 PM

View PostOpen Sights LLC, on Jun 8 2007, 03:32 PM, said:

So this PSS Blazer, will that prove to be a more accurate marker than the Tippmann markers or just yeild a higher rate of fire OR both??? Just curious.

Thanks, all.

Both. You would be hard pressed to find a more consistent gun. With CO2, I get about +/-3 FPS over the chronograph. Plus, the trigger is lighter and shorter than any Tippmann trigger. You can really crank out the rounds if you need to.

#15 User is offline   Open Sights LLC 

• Open Sights, LLC
  • PipPip

Posted 08 June 2007 - 01:43 PM

Let me ask a probably "newbie sounding" question: Are there many modifications available for the PPS Blazer??? Any trigger modifications, for example???

I know the 98C pretty well. They have response triggers and e-triggers. They have expansion chambers and various add-on hoppers. There are many stocks available and so on.

Does the PPS have any of these such things???

I would really miss not having something like the response trigger of the Tippmann. Do they have some sort of full-auto type trigger system available, even if not a response trigger type???

Thanks.
Open Sights, LLC

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users