• You cannot reply to this topic

C.J. I have blazer questions! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Hatchet 

• Certified Pump-Ninja
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Hatchet88

Posted 11 October 2007 - 12:02 PM

I was wondering if you could give me some info on your Blazer setup. Tried PMing you, but they're disabled or something?

Blazer

What was the total cost of the setup?

How does it feel weight-wise?

Is it necessary or overly beneficial to have dual stabs?

Anyone who has Blazer experience, I'd appreciate your input too!
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

^I think I'll just leave it that way. It suits me.

#2 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 11 October 2007 - 12:28 PM

pm C.J he will be glad to answer your questions
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#3 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 11 October 2007 - 01:11 PM

View PostHatchet, on Oct 11 2007, 03:02 PM, said:

I was wondering if you could give me some info on your Blazer setup. Tried PMing you, but they're disabled or something?

Blazer

What was the total cost of the setup?

How does it feel weight-wise?

Is it necessary or overly beneficial to have dual stabs?

Anyone who has Blazer experience, I'd appreciate your input too!

View PostQC MAD KID, on Oct 11 2007, 03:28 PM, said:

pm C.J he will be glad to answer your questions

Re-read his post. Tried, didn't go through. He's also looking for other input.

I have a Blazer, so I can answer some of the questions. In my opinion, if has a good weight. It's not heavy, but it isn't light. It has enough to it that it feels as solid as it is. The Brass Barrel adds a fair amount to the weight, but IMO it balances out nicely. With a 9oz CO2, it is almost perfectly balanced. A lot of guns IMO are back-heavy, but the brass barrel evens this out.

It is beneficial to have two stabs when using non-anti-siphoned CO2. With a/s CO2, you can get away with just one stab and still get amazing consistency. Two will increase consistency, but not as much as going from none to one. Two, IMO, is for those that have the money and want to squeeze every last drop of performance out of the marker and still use CO2. With HPA, you do not want dual stabs. You'll have a triple regged system which is serious overkill and can sometimes have recharge issues.

I love my Blazer. i'm never getting rid of it. They are solidly built and very accurate. They are built to last as RamboPreacher on the Palmers Owners Group has had his Blazer for a decade now. They are not for everyone though, as the price tag is high and the tinkerablity is somewhat low (at least for most players).

#4 User is offline   Hatchet 

• Certified Pump-Ninja
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2007 - 02:21 PM

Thanks, that answered a couple of my questions, and I appreciate it.

I'm thinking about getting the Paladin's Pride Blazer, if it's got a dual-vented barrel.

I can get the same setup, without the nickel parts and with a dual-vent, for 778 as opposed to 788 with the Paladin's Pride.

What do you think?
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

#5 User is offline   Jackson 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2007 - 03:59 PM

View PostHatchet, on Oct 11 2007, 05:21 PM, said:

Thanks, that answered a couple of my questions, and I appreciate it.

I'm thinking about getting the Paladin's Pride Blazer, if it's got a dual-vented barrel.

I can get the same setup, without the nickel parts and with a dual-vent, for 778 as opposed to 788 with the Paladin's Pride.

What do you think?

Keep in mind that the Paladin's Pride also has Glenn Palmer's signature laser engraved in the side. That adds some to the resale and makes it rarer. It comes with a single vented barrel, from what I can see.

Get whatever you want though. Anything is great from PPS.

This post has been edited by Jackson: 11 October 2007 - 04:09 PM

#6 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 11 October 2007 - 04:27 PM

I have a Typhoon, which is very similar to the Blazer, so I'll weigh in as well.

Anything from Palmers is amazing. They're individually hand-crafted, work amazingly on anything you put through them and are indestructible-you see Typhoons out there that are 10 years old and haven't had anything done to them besides oil and o-rings. Blazers are the exact same way.

The one thing about Palmers is that, if you're moving to them from anything but an Autococker or, to a lesser extent, an Automag, they take a little getting used to, especially with respect to short-stroking (I had a big problem with that when I switched to a Typhoon from my A-5). However, once you get used to shooting like that, it's really nice.

I wouldn't bother with venting the barrel, though. It's money wasted unless you really like the look. They don't quiet it THAT much.

#7 User is offline   Hatchet 

• Certified Pump-Ninja
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2007 - 05:10 PM

Another reason I wanted the barrel atleast single ported is to reduce turbulence behind the ball. Get a little more accuracy. Short-stroking will probably be a snag for a while, I'm used to shooting my Phantom; it's all I use anymore.

Hmm...if it doesn't make it that much more quiet I'll probably ditch the idea of dual-vented.

Aesthetically, which is better, a 10'' or a 12'' on a Blazer? I roll with a 12'' on my phantom, just seems to suit it.

The Pally's Pride looks really, really nice. I don't much care about resale if they're as good as people say I won't sell it. I doubt I'll sell my Phantom, it's everything I was told it is. If the Blazer turns out the same way, I'll keep it. Forever.

If I do get one that isn't the Pally's Pride it'll be straight-up Dust like my phantom, just not green and black. Unless they'll let me have a nickel one for not an arm more, which I doubt.

Pally's Pride-
Looks better
$788

Custom Blazer-
Cheaper
$778 with dual vents
$758 with single port, like the Pally has.

#8 User is offline   Jackson 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2007 - 06:02 PM

View PostMarauder_Pilot, on Oct 11 2007, 07:27 PM, said:

I wouldn't bother with venting the barrel, though. It's money wasted unless you really like the look. They don't quiet it THAT much.

I wholeheartedly disagree. Getting a vented barrel was well worth the expense in my opinion. It turned my blazer from Tippmann stock barre loud to one of if not the quietest gun out there.

There is no difference in accuracy between my 10" unported and my 12" dual vented barrels. That myth that porting "reduces turbulence" is just that, a myth.

#9 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2007 - 06:10 PM

Huh, my dual-vented Typhoon is about as loud as my unported Palmerized PMI-1 (Which, if I'm not mistaken, is internally identical).

If sound is a big deal to you, then, yeah, get the porting. I'd rather have the cash for more brass. :laugh:

#10 User is offline   Hatchet 

• Certified Pump-Ninja
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2007 - 06:42 PM

Damn you both and your conflicting opinions! I'll just have to wait for someone else's opinion, seeings as the score is:

Ported Barrels = Quieter

Ported Barrels = Hype

#11 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2007 - 06:43 PM

No, ported barrels ARE quieter. My Typhoon is an exception, or something. By and large, they are quieter. However, they are not more accurate.

#12 User is offline   Hatchet 

• Certified Pump-Ninja
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2007 - 07:21 PM

Ahhh, well can you compare a single vent barrel to a double vent? What's the sound difference?

This post has been edited by Hatchet: 13 October 2007 - 04:54 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users