Pump hopper/loader looking for opinions on loaders Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:03 PM

View PostLegato, on 29 March 2011 - 07:58 PM, said:

Sportshots are great. Just if it is the older one make sure to sand out the inside so and remove the .43 cal ring in there so it feeds better. If it is the newer ones, i think that is already done. Think...

I love SC overall. Gives me the clearest field of view, the lightest weight, and a smaller profile. But it takes a long time to get used to it.

This - I went from a Tippmann with a cyclone to a VSC Phantom (with 13 ci, planning on less modified SC this season) and aiming is just so easy. Made me even better when I went back for a game with the Tippmann (now sold).

However... when I tried my first centre feed marker (Tac One), my aim was not NEARLY as good. Weirded me out having a hopper there. Going to have to get used to tilting it, but don't plan on using a whole lot (mostly scenarios, as it does a better job of bushwhacking with high ROF).

#17 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:41 PM

View Postcdrinkh20, on 29 March 2011 - 10:03 PM, said:

However... when I tried my first centre feed marker (Tac One), my aim was not NEARLY as good. Weirded me out having a hopper there. Going to have to get used to tilting it, but don't plan on using a whole lot (mostly scenarios, as it does a better job of bushwhacking with high ROF).

Sad face, do yourself a favor and bust out your tac once and while for the walk on days. you might surprise yourself what you can hit. I went back to my tac after a few months of using the phantom and it was like turning Aim-Bot on :P

#18 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:47 AM

View PostPrivate Silver, on 29 March 2011 - 09:12 PM, said:

View PostSupergyro, on 29 March 2011 - 10:09 PM, said:

I like the 50rd GXG hopper I have, it's light, but not thin, and feeds well. I think a full size hopper would be overkill, but you can use regular pods.

That honestly is the only real reason i use my rotor over my winchester. I really have no easy way of getting 50 round pods besides ordering them, and i dont have a spare $40 lying around that isn't already spent on needed things (curse you auto insurance! Curse youuuuu!!!!). I could theoretically use my 10rnd tubes to reload, but i have no real way of carrying those, so for someone who moved from electro to pump, it's just easier to keep some stuff the same for now.

But yeah, all personal preference. If you don't need the capacity or aren't used to something else, going for the lower profile would easily be your best bet.

I have a Maxi loader, it gets the job done. Holds around 100 balls and works like any other grav. You would have to find one used though. The 1 main benefit of it though.. It happens to be indestructible as far as hoppers go.

I plan to get a sportshot or primo in the future to test it out. I will probably pick up something smaller (capacity) as well.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users