• You cannot reply to this topic

Shotgun barrel mod bored. lol.

#1 User is offline   ghettomods 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:ghettomods

Posted 09 December 2008 - 05:38 PM

I got bored today so i built a shotgun barrel mod i had been dreaming up for a while. It is extremely easy and pretty effective. All it is is a pvc pipe just bigger than your barrel, the ones with the collars work best. you drill a hole all the way through the pvc pipe and insert a bot and tighten down a nut on it. it will shoot a spray of paint up to 20 ft and about 5-10 ft wide.Attached File  shotgun.jpg (32.99K)
Number of downloads: 89
"Next time he says that, punch him in the throat and tell him to silence his blasphemy and sit there in his wrongness, being wrong!" -Pirate

#2 User is offline   Ka1iBuR 

• The swagger of an EMPEROR!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ka1iBuR

Posted 09 December 2008 - 05:44 PM

Wouldn't you have to clean it like crazy? It seems it would gunk up real quickly.

#3 User is offline   ghettomods 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 09 December 2008 - 06:11 PM

It does, lol. like i said i was bored. but you can take it out and shake it real a couple of times and it gets a lot of it out. but it spreads some paint around pretty good. i think it would be pretty good for taking out a couple of people at once.
"Next time he says that, punch him in the throat and tell him to silence his blasphemy and sit there in his wrongness, being wrong!" -Pirate

#4 User is offline   Pheonix250 

• Rec Rookie - POP *snick*
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:PHOENIX250

Posted 09 December 2008 - 06:12 PM

maybe instead of a bolt you use wires, or screws screwed into it part way in a "+" configuration?

Automag, 2k3 Autococker, Trilogy Comp. Sniper

#5 User is offline   ghettomods 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 09 December 2008 - 06:15 PM

This is just my first prototype, so i am open to suggestions. my only thing with the "+" is that it would not let as much paint out of the end. but the wires might improve on that. i can try that as soon as i get some more pvc. lol.

This post has been edited by ghettomods: 09 December 2008 - 06:15 PM

#6 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 December 2008 - 06:24 PM

Yeah, I'd say to just put four screws in it in a crosshair manor but only screw them in so they stick out in the paintballs path by a matter of mm's. The only effective use I could possibly fathom for such a mod would be if you played in an urban environment and used it for clearing rooms.

#7 User is offline   Ka1iBuR 

• The swagger of an EMPEROR!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ka1iBuR

Posted 10 December 2008 - 07:15 AM

That might work, if the field you were playing at would allow it. The biggest problem with new prototypes is getting field permission. My (semi)local field won't let me use my converted flamethrower...

#8 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2008 - 07:35 AM

1. Fields probably wouldn't let you use it
2. Are you going to use that the whole game or what? It would be a pain to put on and off
3. If you are THAT close, just barrel tag the guy...
4. I'd prefer to just shoot the guy with a normal ball. If you can't hit him at 20', you need to practice more!
5. When are you going to be able to get that close? If they don't see you, barrel tag. If they do, they have way better odds. It's like trying to kill a sniper with a shotgun... He will have the advantage 'til you are almost on top of him
6. Even you you "hit" someone with a little paint, they'll probably claim it's splatter and nail you back. How can you prove it was actually from your contraption?

This post has been edited by SpudCrushr: 10 December 2008 - 07:38 AM

Posted Image

#9 User is offline   ghettomods 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:43 PM

well, most of the time i just play in the woods behind my house, and it is very easy to get on and off, it just slides on and off. i realize it is impractical, but sure is fun to use. Spud, youre right about all of that, i just got bored the other day so i built one. oh and i took the screw idea from Weigel and it works ten times more. just a fun little thing you can do iff you get bored.

#10 User is offline   betasniper 

• A four dimensional object
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:betasniper

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:57 PM

may be it would work with only one screw in the pvc and make the paint want to go in one direction more then the other like an apex. may only be usefull as a sniper add on to clear a squad of enemy players.

Attached File  skecth.PNG (8.51K)
Number of downloads: 14

This post has been edited by betasniper: 10 December 2008 - 05:05 PM

Wikipedia is the Walmart of knowledge, they have everything, but it is all tainted one way or another. If you spit on your monitor, your saliva becomes a rainbow, this is Microsoft's form of "optimism". One way to know if your lazy is if you use print preview, because you can't press the print button your self.
Zdspb-Marker Animations Long list of working markers, visit if confused Click here!!! Auxiliary Grammar Police #13 225Bp
If you collect coins, you're an economist. If you collect rocks, you're a geologist. if you collect death threats, you're the president.
"Most people swear by there A-5 I tend to swear at mine instead."-Long Wood, MY AWESOME WEBSITE!!!once you've gone shameless, you'll never go blameless As I lay in bed, I looked at the stars and thought, where the hell is my ceiling? "I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..

#11 User is offline   Crae Z Azian 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:52 AM

It would be fun to do if a bunch of your buddies did it in a private match. Besides that I prefer keeping my expensive balls intact until they hit the target. funny idea though i like it.

#12 User is offline   betasniper 

• A four dimensional object
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:betasniper

Post icon  Posted 13 December 2008 - 02:55 PM

thats what cheap balls are for :laugh:
this is for use with the cheapest paint you can get, it doesn't even need to be round. just cheap.
Wikipedia is the Walmart of knowledge, they have everything, but it is all tainted one way or another. If you spit on your monitor, your saliva becomes a rainbow, this is Microsoft's form of "optimism". One way to know if your lazy is if you use print preview, because you can't press the print button your self.
Zdspb-Marker Animations Long list of working markers, visit if confused Click here!!! Auxiliary Grammar Police #13 225Bp
If you collect coins, you're an economist. If you collect rocks, you're a geologist. if you collect death threats, you're the president.
"Most people swear by there A-5 I tend to swear at mine instead."-Long Wood, MY AWESOME WEBSITE!!!once you've gone shameless, you'll never go blameless As I lay in bed, I looked at the stars and thought, where the hell is my ceiling? "I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..

#13 User is offline   Infamous_51 

• official rock and roll clown
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:26 PM

Monster Balls would probably just bounce back :laugh:

(Go sig yourself) Maybe I will...Maybe I will..........-Epic_fail

#14 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:40 PM

Frankly, if I was hit with this, I'd consider it splatter. After all, the "standard" rule is that the paint mark has to be the area of a quarter or larger (some fields say a dime). But this area has to be contiguous.

Good idea, great ingenuity....just not-so-great implementation. If I wanted a wider coverage in a single trigger pull, I'd get a "nasty" series marker from Palmer's.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#15 User is offline   Scavies 

• DIY Extrordinaire
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Valjean

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:57 PM

I like the idea a lot =D What I would like more is an easy way to switch between shotgun and normal style. Versitility <spelling? is always important. It would be nice to have it to flush away corner to corner engagements instead of pegging someone with a 300 fps.
FREE stock picks and market analysis by a self-taught day trader!
TradersBase.com

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users