• You cannot reply to this topic

Pistol Only Handicap Match 6-25-10 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   C-F0uR 

• You exist because we allow it; you will end because we demand it
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:C-F0uR

Posted 25 June 2010 - 05:26 PM

Today I had a friend come over and out of nowhere he pulls out a Spyder Pilot from his bag. It really surprised me that he had a paintball gun. After finding out he had never played an actual GAME of paintball (he's only shot at stuff in his yard) I just had to call up 2 other friends for a quick game. So the guys get to my house and we suit up.

TEAMS: 1)the new guy with his spider pilot and one of my friends with his 98 custom
2) my other friend with my old upgraded X7 and myself using only a TPX and 4 mags.

CONDITIONS: high 90's with about 50% humidity
MY GEAR: TPX w/ 4 mags and 12'' LAPCO Bigshot w/ APEX (for kicks)

GAME 1:
We start off and I go flank to the right side of the tape. I see the new guy sprinting through the woods right at me. He starts shooting at me and I return 3 mags of paint (I only loaded each to 7 balls since it was so hot/humid). Then I dive into a small dried up creek bed. I pop up and catch him as he's changing cover. I let loose the whole clip and hit him 3-4 times. He's out and so am I because I was out of paint. Match ended with the other dude on my team getting a very lucky shot on the guy with a 98 custom.

So, my first question is, has anyone out there had a newbie ever try such an unorthodox tactic?

GAME 2:
Same teams. This time I flank up the left side. I lose track of my buddy with the X7. As I move farther down, I see the newbie just staring at me from behind a bunker. So I circle around to his right to get a clear shot. Then he tries to pull the same move and move straight at me, moving from cover to cover. I pop out the left side of a tree to get him to focus on that side. I quickly switch to the right side of the tree and shoot 4 times. I hit him in the shin. I hear shots ring out. My teammate walks across the woods, so I flank left of the remaining 98 custom guy, almost at their start. I take cover behind a fallen over tree trunk. I fire my remaining three shots in the mag and then reload. I pop out to just unload the whole clip and all I hear is the "pap, pap, pap." No paintballs came out, my mag had jammed. In my moment of astonishment, I take a hit to the barrel.

So, second question. Anyone ever had their mags lock up on them (even despite only loading them to 7 balls) like I did in the middle of a firefight?

Today was an interesting day of play. The handicap of limited ammo is very challenging to say the least. Just thought I'd share my experience. :P
Markers Owned: 32 Degrees Icon X (Sold) | Tippmann A5 (Sold) | Tippmann X7 serial no. 036020 (Sold) | Tippmann TPX serial no. 009351 | Soon to have Planet Eclipse Etek3
PS3 ID: Sk8ergamer
Home field: Zwackerz Paintball, VA
My Feedback

#2 User is offline   Woods Bandit 

• Paintballer
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Woods Bandit

Posted 25 June 2010 - 06:13 PM

Question One: you'd never believe the tactics new players will employ, everything from the common camping at the first bunker they come to, to thinking they can outrun paintballs.
Question Two: while I have a pistol it is not magazine fed, but when it is humid the paintballs will expand in the tube on top and sometimes become a bit slugish.

As for the fun of playing with only a pistol: the challenge of limited paint is fun, but since yours is magazine fed you can at least reload fast enough. Ive got 10 shots then half to reload one by one, lol. Definatly considering upgrading to the TPX though as i enjoy using a pistol as my primary sometimes, just so much less gear.

#3 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 25 June 2010 - 06:47 PM

Dawg, when I run just a pistol, I'll have experienced players just run straight at me shooting. They think that with just a pistol I can't snap shoot or something. If anything, I snap better with pistols.

And the magazine jam thing is limited to your TPX's. I've never heard of a Tiberius magazine jamming. Even when it was humid as balls, using year old paint, they fed fine. The accuracy was another story >.>

My only question is... why are you running a barrel on your pistol? :P

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#4 User is offline   C-F0uR 

• PipPip

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:30 PM

View PostPirate, on Jun 25 2010, 09:47 PM, said:

My only question is... why are you running a barrel on your pistol? ;)[/color]

Just for kicks. The new guy thought that it looked awesome.
Markers Owned: 32 Degrees Icon X (Sold) | Tippmann A5 (Sold) | Tippmann X7 serial no. 036020 (Sold) | Tippmann TPX serial no. 009351 | Soon to have Planet Eclipse Etek3
My Feedback

#5 User is offline   burntpoptart 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 26 June 2010 - 05:44 PM

I Just played pistol only with my TPX for half a night scenario and it was a blast till my tpx had the same problem as yours. But the funniest tatic i have ever seen a group of noobs do was they thought it would be smart to form a triangle and walk through the center of a town shooting anything that moves. :P

This post has been edited by burntpoptart: 26 June 2010 - 05:44 PM

#6 User is offline   C-F0uR 

• PipPip

Posted 26 June 2010 - 05:53 PM

View Postburntpoptart, on Jun 26 2010, 08:44 PM, said:

I Just played pistol only with my TPX for half a night scenario and it was a blast till my tpx had the same problem as yours. But the funniest tatic i have ever seen a group of noobs do was they thought it would be smart to form a triangle and walk through the center of a town shooting anything that moves. :P

hahahaha. I take it they didn't get very far?

This post has been edited by C-F0uR: 26 June 2010 - 05:54 PM

My Feedback

#7 User is offline   burntpoptart 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:10 PM

View PostC-F0uR, on Jun 26 2010, 05:53 PM, said:

View Postburntpoptart, on Jun 26 2010, 08:44 PM, said:

I Just played pistol only with my TPX for half a night scenario and it was a blast till my tpx had the same problem as yours. But the funniest tatic i have ever seen a group of noobs do was they thought it would be smart to form a triangle and walk through the center of a town shooting anything that moves. :blink:

hahahaha. I take it they didn't get very far?

nope they were all gunned down immediately :P

#8 User is offline   MIDNIGHTANGELZ 

• Ninja Assassin
  • PipPip

Posted 25 September 2010 - 06:00 PM

Ive seen ppl try that Desperado Style before its hilarious!
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   IIIce 

• Stay.Frosty.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:IIIce

Posted 25 September 2010 - 06:27 PM

View PostPirate, on 25 June 2010 - 09:47 PM, said:

Dawg, when I run just a pistol, I'll have experienced players just run straight at me shooting. They think that with just a pistol I can't snap shoot or something. If anything, I snap better with pistols.

And the magazine jam thing is limited to your TPX's. I've never heard of a Tiberius magazine jamming. Even when it was humid as balls, using year old paint, they fed fine. The accuracy was another story >.>

Eh Pirate? Are you saying your experience is that a T8 is less accurate than a TPX? I am curious as I am debating between the purchase.

#10 User is offline   mike7822 

• Aloha!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MIKE7822

Posted 25 September 2010 - 06:33 PM

View PostDomi-Nate, on 25 September 2010 - 09:27 PM, said:

Eh Pirate? Are you saying your experience is that a T8 is less accurate than a TPX? I am curious as I am debating between the purchase.

I believe he is saying that the T8 won't jam in humid weather with year old paint, but it is not accurate under those conditions (which most guns aren't).

I'd go with the T8 over the TPX if you have the money.
03 Prostock Pump ♦ 08 Ego

#11 User is offline   IIIce 

• Stay.Frosty.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:IIIce

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:33 PM

View Postmike7822, on 25 September 2010 - 09:33 PM, said:

View PostDomi-Nate, on 25 September 2010 - 09:27 PM, said:

I believe he is saying that the T8 won't jam in humid weather with year old paint, but it is not accurate under those conditions (which most guns aren't).

I'd go with the T8 over the TPX if you have the money.

If I have the money? lol , the T8 that shoots FSs out of the box is cheaper than the TPX on SO website dude, what are you talkin about?

This post has been edited by Domi-Nate: 25 September 2010 - 07:33 PM

#12 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2010 - 12:13 PM

True... the initial cost of a brand new TPX is currently higher than a T8.1 (not necessarily the case w/ used though). However, the real cost difference between the two pistols isn't the marker itself, it's the magazines. Generally, you can purchase 3 TPX mags for the cost of one T8.1 mag. So if you really plan to play pistol w/ only one mag (unlikely), the T8.1 is definitely cheaper.

This post has been edited by ger: 27 September 2010 - 12:14 PM

ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users