• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Camo ?? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   TheChaplain 

• solving the worlds deer population problems 290 grains at a time
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 February 2008 - 07:03 AM

what kind of camo fits the sabre position best? I was thhinking of getting an ultralite fusion and attaching an ag density kit to it to break up the outline. I dunno what do you think?
You have the right to remain silentwhatever you say can and will be misquoted then used against you

#2 User is offline   Joint Fury Balz 

• JF Plankowner
  • PipPip

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:28 AM

Your "position" has nothing to do with your camo scheme & and no one pattern will be your "be all, end all" fix.

Forget the cookie cutter "positions" that have been conveniently laid out for you complete with gear list and links for purchase. Play with the gun you want, wear what you want. Don't let a company or some 16y/o "expert" make any decisions for you.

Think for yourself.

#3 User is offline   Crae Z Azian 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:01 AM

The best camo is the kind that matches the area where you play such as desert camo would not work in the woods.

#4 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:51 AM

I wouldn't worry about buying camo from specops either. They have pretty nice stuff, but it comes at a premium cost. Just take a look at your local surplus store if you have one and see if you like anything there. They often have amazing deals on all kinds of camo from around the world - you're more likely to find something that will fit your environment.

Tigerstripe was always a big favorite back in the early days of paintball. It was designed for Vietnam where the engagements commonly took place roughly around 100 or so feet. It just so happens that is the range most people play paintball. If you are playing in an environment that is green enough for Tigerstripe I always recommend it.

I ended up just buying a flecktarn jacket because it matched the coniferous forests where I play. Not to mention I could get a whole set, (pants jacket, winter/rain jacket, and field cap) for $25

This post has been edited by Piller: 17 February 2008 - 01:57 PM

Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#5 User is offline   raptorbite 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:raptorbite

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:54 AM

it really depends on many factors such as where you play,what kind of terrain you play in,etc etc
personally i enjoy using special ops omnipat,i just got them in ultralight and not only is it comfortable it also blends in pretty well.i was within 20 feet in front,as in i am either in their direct or pheripiral vision, and i wasnt seen,of course that was also due to the soft cover i had but there wasnt a whole lot.Special ops fusions are very comfortbale but pricy,if you have no budget i would advice you to get a pair.I never enjoyed normal BDU's they are too uncomfortable for me but the special ops line is built like a tournament jersey,it also has padding in places you need it.The fusions have actual padding at the elbows and crotch area while the knees are reinforced.the ultralights are just reinforced at the knees and elbows but if you use pads that wouldnt be a downfall.
I miss the old days of sword beach and such

#6 User is offline   tnert 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:tnert

Posted 17 February 2008 - 11:28 AM

your position doesent choose your camo you do. I personly go with army woodland fatigues those just work best for me. Find the camo that suits you best.

if we cant do it. it doesent need to be done
official sabre #132
Team Evasive Action
my amazing sponser pbsports.com

#7 Guest_martzy_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 17 February 2008 - 02:01 PM

i wear us military fatigues there just alot cheaper than the spec ops stuff, i also were these navy seals bdus which are real nice but i would like to get multi cam either from spec ops or just military multi cam so i think multi cam would work best for me but there is no set camo for any position so getwhatever your comfortable playing in!

#8 User is offline   Crae Z Azian 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 17 February 2008 - 04:58 PM

Everyone is right just go to a surplus store and pick something up. A plus to having a military jacket is that it has pockets.

#9 User is offline   tnert 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:tnert

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:50 PM

that is defintilty true. I still find pockets that i never knew were there.

if we cant do it. it doesent need to be done
official sabre #132
Team Evasive Action
my amazing sponser pbsports.com

#10 User is offline   SNIPADUDE99 

• Stealin a pcinic baskets
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SNIPADUDE99

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:32 PM

View PostJoint Fury Balz, on Feb 17 2008, 10:28 AM, said:

Your "position" has nothing to do with your camo scheme & and no one pattern will be your "be all, end all" fix.

Forget the cookie cutter "positions" that have been conveniently laid out for you complete with gear list and links for purchase. Play with the gun you want, wear what you want. Don't let a company or some 16y/o "expert" make any decisions for you.

Think for yourself.

OMG this guy's a genius. Be able to do everything, but I have ultralites and their nice.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

#11 User is offline   dogstile 

• who knew that i would become the local legend?
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:dogstile

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:34 PM

something that dosn't hinder you works fine, just have it match your enviroment
"tippman rocks, if you think the same, put this in your sig"
"if the first thing you would grab if your house was on fire is your paintball gear, put this in your sig"
"if you love paintball more then your relatives, put this in your sig"
"if you are addicted to paintball, put this in your sig"

#12 User is offline   tippmann addict 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:tippmann addict

Posted 24 February 2008 - 05:00 PM

View Postdogstile, on Feb 21 2008, 09:34 PM, said:

something that dosn't hinder you works fine, just have it match your enviroment

yo the thing u got to do is don't look at the position and worry about ur skill to take care of that. u have to look at what field ur palying at like if it is thick or what kind of woods u will be playing in. don't let urself get subjected to the position and tahts the stuff u gotta ahve or the stuff u gotta wear. use the gun ur best with and use the clothes that fit the field. let ur skill take the rest of that
Si vis pacem, para bellum."

if u want peace prepare for war

official sabre, go for the gold! TIPPMANN GO ALL THE WAY!

#13 User is offline   Cavdragoneb12 aka Watcher 

• Watcher is my call-handle
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Watcher, Dragon Army

Posted 24 February 2008 - 05:20 PM

I think Rob "Tyger" Ruben has the best advice on this topic:
Crash course in Camoflage

I just use Army Woodland BDUs. There are two types, look at the tags. If it says coat, woodland camoflage pattern, combat, it is a normal bdu. If it says coat, hot weather, woodland camo etc, then it will be a little thinner and lighter. I have pants and jackets in one of each for summer and spring/fall. The hot weather ones are 100% cotton, while the other is 50% cotton and 50% nylon. Both have rip-stop material in them. Plus the BDU has doubled up fabric on the elbows, knees, and inner theigh/rear for added rip reinforcement.

The aggressive patterns I think work the best, unless you plan on sitting in the same spot for the whole game. Go aggressive or go active, woodland, tigerstripe, etc, or ghillie, I'd avoid the realtree and rebark patterns, unless you are playing in a forest that is 100% all the same tree and no bushes or anything.

This post has been edited by Cavdragoneb12 aka Watcher: 24 February 2008 - 05:23 PM

"The frightening thing about [humans] is their utterly mindless determination to do whatever mindless thing it is they are determined to do."
- Douglass Adams, RIP

#14 User is offline   MurphNH 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:MurphNH

Posted 26 February 2008 - 03:55 PM

I actually rarely wear camoflauge these days. Since I usually play in a jersey and paintball pants, my home field is so heavily wooded so it's never bright inside and most of the trees are pine, grey gear I use fits in quite well.

#15 User is offline   Assasin2213 

• Computer Tech & Love Guru
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ASSASIN2213

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:39 AM

it all depends if you need the extra lightness that the ultralight gives. i dont know how good they are compared to a BDU, but it sounds as if it does help. but if you play in conditions where it does get cold, than i would suggest getting BDU cause then you wont feel the breeze.
04 RX8 is my baby

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users