• You cannot reply to this topic

ANVIL position the heavier hammer... your worst nightmare Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 22 July 2008 - 04:59 PM

ok, well the hammer is an established and well respected position by now. it is widely accepted and backed up that the hammer's double trouble is the ultimate paintslinger... until now. with advances in firepower technology, including a paintball minigun, 3 marker, and even 4 marker systems, and a proposed 8 marker system proposed by myself, should therefore in my opinion transfer into a new position.

everyone realises the quantum leap between a regularly outfitted player (like a broadsword for instance),and a hammer, but few think about the way the game changes even more when a player slaps anoter 15-30 bps and a marker or two, or six, on top of the already extreme firepower of the hammer.

therefore i suggest the position of "ANVIL"... because when you're caught between the hammer and the anvil, there is no escape.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#2 Guest_Woodland Warrior_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 23 July 2008 - 03:41 PM

Don't ya think thats kinda overkill? Besides, it isn't that easy to lug 4-8 markers or a gatlin, air, and masses of paint around a field all day. It would be useful on a tank though.

#3 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2008 - 06:05 PM

overkill yea, but isnt more than 1 bps overkill to alot of people? as for lugging the stuff around, i already lug scuba tanks and a double trouble. all it would be adding is a second double trouble. besides, the quadzilla and double trouble are still the only field legal ways to achieve higher than 15 bps. im currently working on acquiring my quadzilla, as of yesterday, and in doing so ive come across the aformentioned overkill of the logistics (paint/air use). the way i see it, every position is a progression of firepower, with a fieldcraft specialty. therefore, if a higher level of firepower and field tactical use is presented, why not name it?

i.e.
firepower in order from lightest to heaviest, also co-insiding with a versatile specialty:
commander- tactical direction of a unit.
sniper- personnel targeting/intelligence
Javelin- Anti armor and hard target armament (demolitions)
sabre- all around medium support (personnel to be supported by broadsword and heavier fire, but comes into the fight after a dagger)
dagger- First strike "shock" troop style of play. fast, agressive position taking and line penetration.
broadsword- supporter of dagger and sabre, also provides shield between commander and hammer/anvil
hammer- is meant to supress and deny large swathes of field, used as a firepower multiplier for a unit, also supports what the broadsword cant
anvil- the last and heaviest line of firepower. usualy can attack something like an entire enemy base on one side, and even though slower than a hammer, can more than triple the effectiveness of the hammer by allowing him to become more mobile, and move in wit the unit.

- basically the ANVIL takes the old job of supression, and relegates tactical support to the hammer. therefore allowing a double toting player the hance to enter action without having to worry about jeapordizing the unit's main source of firepower. imagine a breaching team that used to only consist of a couple daggers, maybe a broadsword and a sabre, now including a hammer.... with something even heavier than the hammer STILL laying down a ton of supressive fire.

to me it translates to the movie predator. the hammer used to be jesse ventura with the minigun, but now, the ANVIL can take that position, and allow for a more ferocious tactical support role by the hammer.

thats my thinking anyways. it'll probably never happen, but i figured since the invisible sound barrier of firepower has been shattered, and the bar has been raised, it would seem logical to put a face to it. as higher rate of fire markers become available, and more widespread it would seem the tactical use speaks for itself. it allows even heavier support to be more in your face and agressive than was tactically sound before.

#4 User is offline   Jonas 

• Woodsball? Sounds fun.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:H

Posted 23 July 2008 - 06:46 PM

Wouldn't mind having one of those on my team...though he'd be paying for 9/10th's of his crap.
Yeah I use an M-16 grip, wanna fight about it?

Best webcomic ever.

#5 User is online   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:35 PM

Seems to me that ANVIL implies something solid & stationary...
6+ guns, plus air & ammo is alot ot carry too - so I think Anvil as a uber-firepower defensive position. The enemy can pound all day long but never break thru...

#6 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:40 PM

View PostThe Stuntman, on Jul 24 2008, 12:35 AM, said:

Seems to me that ANVIL implies something solid & stationary...
6+ guns, plus air & ammo is alot ot carry too - so I think Anvil as a uber-firepower defensive position. The enemy can pound all day long but never break thru...

Yeah Stuntman - an Anvil would be a tank wouldn't it?

Iron Man - you got guts for a senior member. The positions are pointy weapons - so over a broadswordsman would be an AXE or Malllet.

Man Iron - I'll remind you of this in a year.

#7 User is online   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 23 July 2008 - 10:11 PM

Yeah Stuntman - an Anvil would be a tank wouldn't it?

Hmmm....no. A tank is a tank. Im picuring something more like this... (see pics)

A friend of mine who does movie props made THIS monster (heavy machine gun from the movie Aliens) using original plans & molds from the original.
I say take off the prop gun & replace it with a Quadzilla or Six Gun setup & scuba tank on the back. Feed the thing with Warp loaders running tubes from an ammo box on the back above the tank so that an assistant loader can top off the ammo as needed...
I've worn this thing myself - and never felt more macho in my entire life...its totally a load bearing harness & the swivel mount can hold up to 80 lbs. & is fully movable in any direction.
Only cost a few grand to make... :dodgy:

Attached File(s)

#8 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2008 - 11:06 PM

i would kill someone for one of those.... anyone you dont like? :rolleyes:

but yea, i did name it the Anvil because it is also a mobility double ententre (spelling?). the gunner would be less mobile, but look at the bang for the buck. this seems to be goin over pretty well, and i think you guys are getting where im coming from. good times.

#9 User is offline   Omega Sniper 

• You forgot to look in the bushes!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Omega Sniper

Posted 24 July 2008 - 12:36 AM

That gun reminds me of Busters rifle in Gundam Seed X_X it would be bad buttocks to have one tho.

But yeah on my field we have a stationary gun that's in the tower, and buddy its hard to get past that think when some one mounts it and is unloading on you. So the word Anvil would be a good addition i think.
IM GOING TO PAINT YOU LIKE A CHRISTMAS TREE!
"JPA Offical Web Site" L@@K
Sig credit below to Crossfire

9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. If you're one of the few that stay true to progressive metal/classic rock, put this in your signature!
92% of teens would drop dead if Abercrombie and Fitch said breathing wasn't cool. If your one of the 8% who would be laughing their butt off, put this in your sig.
No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair.
-General George Scott Patton

#10 User is offline   cRosSfIR3 

• Ben G
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:CROSSFIR3

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:38 AM

I could see this happening as some sort of defense. have it be a two man team, one totes the weapon, the other totes the paint and air, and they can take a nice bunker dug in with over head cover. the paint toting guy covers the rear.
that would be insane. :dodgy:
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. If you're one of the few that stay true to progressive metal/classic rock, put this in your signature!
"Nobody has to be a hero...it just sometimes turns out that way"
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#11 User is offline   Omega Sniper 

• PipPip

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:18 AM

That would be crazy.

The way we have ours set up is a compressor hooked up to a big battery so to say and as for the hopper, well thats complicated but it can hold 2000 rounds. But hey i seen crazier things in paintball; tanks, battery, bazookas, land mines, and so on. Paintball is turning into a heavy artillery game isnt it? It truly is a revolution! :wacko:

View PostcRosSfIR3, on Jul 24 2008, 12:38 PM, said:

I could see this happening as some sort of defense. have it be a two man team, one totes the weapon, the other totes the paint and air, and they can take a nice bunker dug in with over head cover. the paint toting guy covers the rear.
that would be insane. :P

btw KUDOS ON THE SIG!!!! *writes it down*

92% of teens would drop dead if Abercrombie and Fitch said breathing wasn't cool. If your one of the 8% who would be laughing their butt off, put this in your sig.

#12 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:32 AM

i think the reason so many players are coming out of the woodwork and feeding their desires for the heavier firepower is because... its fun!

lets face it, Tony stark was right. lol. "i believe in the weapon you only have to fire once". everyone and their momma gets to use 15 bps at a field. i think you're less likely to run into those that use semi auto more so than those that ramp or use some other form of firepower enhancing mechanism.

besides, everyone likes a big boom. :dry:

This post has been edited by Iron__Man: 25 July 2008 - 08:32 AM

#13 User is offline   Omega Sniper 

• PipPip

Posted 25 July 2008 - 05:17 PM

And i am working on making a tank, i think it would be crazy to have something thats hard to get out of the game (i have another thing im working on to get a tank out of a game on my own field) and if you go on youtube you see others making replica Pazer tanks and every thing! When i get my tank done ill post some pictures up but its going to be awhile.

15bps is indeed done easy now days, heck with the right upgrades you can even made a M98C do 15 and a A5 can do it easily trust me...i been hit by all 15 balls by a person i play with's gun. honesty i think the term Anvil would be a good fit for heavy arsenal markers. I might be mainly in ambush but I LOVE BIG GUNS!! There fun >.> Just the thrill of something that is new in the game in your own hands ready to be used like a paint sprayer.

#14 User is offline   TREE FITTY 

• Time to get to business...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TIPPMANN6791

Posted 25 July 2008 - 06:31 PM

Not to kill it but uh... When was the last time a position was added to the SO line up?
Not to mention no one really follows these guidelines... seriously... IMO.

They're good to work off of and the Articles overview of all the positions is interesting and all, I just don't think we need to name it a position.
And i think there needs to be a marker-add on limit here sooner or later... If multiple guns shoot at the same time it's basically the shotgun effect, illegal for most fields not to mention unwanted. If they shoot one at a time, just really fast, i can see it happening, which basically it has.

Just kind of a waste of time IMO. Play by your own standards. The ones SO offers is just a most generic and common you can get. Not everyone has a Medic, a Tank hunter, Javelin, Engineer, hell, even a Hammer. But that's basically their idea of exotic.

Exotic to you may be lots of BPS and many markers, but its still exotic, and it's still a Hammer.

did I die for a second there?...

#15 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:28 PM

i know, but nothing wrong with a bit of flavor. after all, the whole ghost flanker thing is still just a sniper.

a broadsword/sabre/dagger are also pretty close, but there IS a difference when you look at it. and i too think that the shotgun effect is a bad idea... thats why the hammer (double trouble) is so exceptional. it alternates. same with the quad. same with the trident. same with the minigun. (from scenario dreams).

point is, there are much heavier arms now than just the twins, which are still the upper stratosphere of the firepower world in paintball. BUT nowadays there is a new class of paintball superweapons. and i just think its time we put a name to it. not everyone thinks the positions are a good idea, but it is a good idea to have a reference. i think anyways.

good stuff fitty, and i think criticism is an important part of development. but i think my argument is a little stronger. :D

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users