Special Ops Paintball: Bolt action propane - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Bolt action propane

Poll: Propane or conventional propellant (32 member(s) have cast votes)

Propane, CO2, Compressed air

1. Propane (15 votes [46.88%])

Percentage of vote: 46.88%

2. CO2, compressed air (17 votes [53.12%])

Percentage of vote: 53.12%

Vote

#1 User is offline   Dunceb4ll 

• Let's go play with Dynamite!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Dunceball

Posted 03 December 2008 - 10:16 PM

Heres a question for some of the more one shot one kill type. Would you use a gun that was clip fed and you reloaded by working the bolt. And would you prefer to have it use propane or regular propellant?
THE END IS COMING!!!! AND IT WILL BE UNTIL IT GETS HERE!!!!!!
CAUTION IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY IT IS ADVISABLE TO KEEP DUNCEB4LL AWAY FROM FIRE AND FLAMES.
Feedback

#2 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 03 December 2008 - 10:18 PM

CO2. I think propane's kinda nifty, but nothing past that.
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#3 User is offline   betasniper 

• A four dimensional object
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:betasniper

Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:30 AM

i say propane, it has a higher energy density than CO2 or compressed air. so you get more shots for the same volume.
Wikipedia is the Walmart of knowledge, they have everything, but it is all tainted one way or another. If you spit on your monitor, your saliva becomes a rainbow, this is Microsoft's form of "optimism". One way to know if your lazy is if you use print preview, because you can't press the print button your self.
Zdspb-Marker Animations Long list of working markers, visit if confused Click here!!! Auxiliary Grammar Police #13 225Bp
If you collect coins, you're an economist. If you collect rocks, you're a geologist. if you collect death threats, you're the president.
"Most people swear by there A-5 I tend to swear at mine instead."-Long Wood, MY AWESOME WEBSITE!!!once you've gone shameless, you'll never go blameless As I lay in bed, I looked at the stars and thought, where the hell is my ceiling? "I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..

#4 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2008 - 09:46 AM

I voted for propane, but it depends. If I bought a marker like that, I'd want it to be as milsim as possible. Now how do you introduce propane to the marker... Gaint tank hanging off the back? Remote line? Tiny 12g like the CO2 cartridges (I don't think they make them)

Propane would offer way more shots than CO2, so that's a major plus. Also, heat build up shouldn't be an issue since it is a bolt action
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 04 December 2008 - 09:59 AM

Im not big on propane on PB guns, but a bolt action propane would be pretty cool.
Propane comes in many size tanks, so Im sure something small enough could be found that would wouldnt get in the way.

#6 User is offline   Slivers 

• The charred ghost of Slivers
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Slivers

Posted 04 December 2008 - 01:22 PM

I heard Tippmann had overheating problems with an automatic propane system. If someone designed one that could overcome the heat issue, I'd say propane is the IDEAL paintball propellant. Cheap as dirt, ridiculously high energy per volume, consistent, and without the issue of high pressures.

A bolt action or pump system is already feasible.
Posted Image
Flying straight above the steady stream of stars.

#7 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2008 - 02:19 PM

If they marketed really small propane tanks, like the size of 12 gram or not much bigger, then I'd be all over a propane powered bolt action that was milsimed. However, with it as it stands, I'd probably say regulated CO2.

#8 User is offline   Iron Eagle 

• Emotionally Exhausted & Morally Bankrupt
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Angry Badger

Posted 04 December 2008 - 02:51 PM

I've always wanted a bolt action, and having runoff of propane isn't a bad idea.
Ambassador of intelligence, deliverer of logic, mirror to the obvious

#9 User is offline   Gas mask 

• Signed on for the first time in 4 years.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:GAS MASK

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:10 PM

I would buy a bolt action marker in a heartbeat, but propane is new to paintball. So I voted CO2/HPA.

I am PayPal Verified.

#10 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:50 PM

i am honestly a little nervous about propane....i mean youve all seen someone drop a co2 tank, leave it out in the sun, ect. and have a burst disk blow.....and thats fine...for CO2...but i dont want a massive cloud of propane near me....especially when you have people in staging smoking and what not...

#11 User is offline   Dunceb4ll 

• PipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:45 PM

Have you ever seen a propane tank fail because it got left out? I see many propane tanks just lying on there side all rusty and what not. All you do hook it up to your bbq grill and it works. CO2 tanks are much lees reliable than propane tanks. Also no risk of a leak because the tank is always new (illegal to refill propane tanks).

Oh and slivers could you post a link to where you heard about the overheating issue?
CAUTION IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY IT IS ADVISABLE TO KEEP DUNCEB4LL AWAY FROM FIRE AND FLAMES.
Feedback

#12 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 06 December 2008 - 12:47 AM

What are you talking about of course you can refill a propane tank....

I dont see why would would want propane...is it really that hard to go to the staging area and get more air?

Propane smells gross, its flammable sure you get more shots but who needs that many shots?

If you dont have the money to pay for a $2-4 fill or the normal $10 all day hpa fee then you shouldnt be playing paintball.

If you are in a scenario and shooting SO much paint your running out of air and not getting shot out so you dont have the opportunity to go to staging area then your too good to get any enjoyment anyway so go play pro...

Peace,
Teddy K

#13 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:21 AM

View PostTeddy K, on Dec 6 2008, 02:47 AM, said:

What are you talking about of course you can refill a propane tank....
It's illegal to refill or transport a refilled tank in a vehicle in most areas
I dont see why would would want propane...is it really that hard to go to the staging area and get more air?
Outlaw players, areas where paintball has succumbed greatly to the recession...
Propane smells gross, its flammable sure you get more shots but who needs that many shots?
Most leagues have a bps cap, who needs a marker that goes above it?
If you dont have the money to pay for a $2-4 fill or the normal $10 all day hpa fee then you shouldnt be playing paintball.
See above, before 2002 there were 4 PB shops within 15mi of the area. Now to fill a CO2 tank you'll be driving for 30min, HPA for an hour, established fields still in business 1.5 hrs. As for $$ argument not everyone is a person who wants to spray paint all day, theres such things a financially concious paintball player's. They're not out there to get the best of the best or hock money left and right. They're here to play a game they like with the least amount of cost
If you are in a scenario and shooting SO much paint your running out of air and not getting shot out so you dont have the opportunity to go to staging area then your too good to get any enjoyment anyway so go play pro...

Peace,
Teddy K

#14 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:28 AM

View PostDunceb4ll, on Dec 5 2008, 11:45 PM, said:

Have you ever seen a propane tank fail because it got left out? I see many propane tanks just lying on there side all rusty and what not. All you do hook it up to your bbq grill and it works. CO2 tanks are much lees reliable than propane tanks. Also no risk of a leak because the tank is always new (illegal to refill propane tanks).

im not saying its going to be happening left and right....im saying theres a chance it could happen...and i really dont want to take that chance.

#15 User is offline   Dunceb4ll 

• PipPipPip

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:38 PM

Same chance as your CO2 exploding. Actually I have had more burst disks go off than propane tanks leaking in my entire county.

To Teddy. Propane isn't illegal to refill. sorry. Just illegal to transport refilled propane tanks.

This post has been edited by Dunceb4ll: 06 December 2008 - 06:43 PM

Feedback

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users