Special Ops Paintball: Don't you guys know what Black Cell is?! - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Don't you guys know what Black Cell is?! Why don't people (kids) get it??? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   pachucobro 

• I love to snipe! It saves money on paint too.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:PachucoBro

Posted 28 October 2005 - 04:34 PM

Ok... Black Cell is like:

A Ford truck with a Harley Davidson logo stuck on it.
The SS version of all the Chevy cars and trucks.
The Reality Show phenomenom in recent years.

Black Cell is a group of products, a style, a concept. Spec Ops will be making all kinds of upgrades, mods and equipment that follow along with high-tech, cool looking woodsball, sniper-style stuff that gets most new comers to woodsball paintball all hot and heavy.

Example: Expect to see words like, "Black Cell Barrel Condoms", "Black Cell Butt Stocks", "Black Cell Angel Mods", etc.

Ok... LongBow, QBow, CrossBow, FlamingBow...
(There is no such thing as a FlamingBow, YET!)

All of these are names given to certain groups of products that make up a complete modified gun. The xBow names were originally chosen for the Automag TAC-One setups, but now are being carried over to the ION, which was dumb cause even then people couldn't figure out the difference between the various xBows and an Automag Gun. So hopefully with the advent of Black Cell they will now 'brand' all of their new products and it will be easier for peeps to figure out. (Good Job SpecOp Dudes!)

To make a QBow anything requires the following parts: a QLoader (min. $80), a SpecOps air-thru buttstock and possibly a modified part or two to match up the feedneck of gun being used. Now it would seem you can use a TAC-One OR an ION.

Ok... Costs...?

Gee let's see all the setups will require a gun. Easy enough look on the net and find the cost of the gun.

ION(~$300), TAC-One($450)
$80 QLoader ($130 if you want a total of 5 pods)
$150 For the air-thru stock
$150 For the Magazine stlye setup
(Understand you would not need to buy both a QLoader AND a magazine feed system unless you truly wanted to switch between the two)

SO! There is your price break down and by the pictures the Black Cell Buttstock for the ION seems to not be much different than the one for the TAC-One other than mounting holes and shroud so expect it to cost the same.

Ok now throw out all the dumb questions people will be posting for weeks to come. RAWR! :P

Hope this helps some...

P.S. To SpecOps guys.. I will PAY to 'try out' new equipment and then return it with well written, consumer reports style reviews. B)

This post has been edited by pachucobro: 28 October 2005 - 04:39 PM

IPB Image
[TAG] TheAdultGamer.com - Over 500+ recreational and professional adult gamers.

#2 Guest_DSF_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 28 October 2005 - 04:38 PM

Yeah thats about it. But these kids don't liek to learn, so they'll just be stuck thinking "whoa".

#3 User is offline   Stumpy Sniper 

• french fried pertaters.. mmhm
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Stumpster

Posted 28 October 2005 - 07:21 PM

if you need someone in new york to try it out... ill help too... i just need a kit if you need another tester... i already have an ion... as for the other stuff in this thread... i agree...

This post has been edited by Stumpy Sniper: 28 October 2005 - 07:21 PM

06Xftighter$, 1 of 3 camo sonics, black/green acid phantom, psycotic ion
SP user #20 ion user #22 HEMP #44
"O I THINK WERE GONNA HAVE WORDS!"- Psymon Stark
"FRENCH TOAST AND SYRUP!!"- Psymon... again
2-1886
WEAR YOUR MASK!!!

#4 User is offline   NinjaoftheNight79 

• Ninja Freak
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Morden79

Posted 28 October 2005 - 07:45 PM

Look dude, you got issues. You are just as bad as everyone else complainin about this gun or worshiping it. If you have and ION you use in woodsball, but want a stock, this is about the only way your gonna get a half decent one. Also, who else really thought of this. If they wanna do that let them. I for one am not gonna buy an ION for that. If you are really that bored that you have to complain about a product that isnt out yet, you got issues. Also, dont diss Chevy man. I love chevy, and this isnt the place to make them look bad, take that to a Dodge Lovers forum since you hate Ford too (dont worry i hate them too). I just wish people would stop the hype, i have a spec ops stock not cause it looks cool, i have it cuz its a stable shooting platform and i like the air through idea. I dont blame you for complaining, but id just keep it to yourself, most people wont like it. Its no biggie, its just something that gets you disliked by some.

P.S. Dude, forgive my complaining, I join you here for the most part. This is just pathetic.

This post has been edited by NinjaoftheNight79: 28 October 2005 - 08:25 PM

Speedball + Woodsball = True Paintball. Let us all support paintball unity!
Automaggot #5 All about Automags

#5 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 29 October 2005 - 01:29 AM

That's the idea here. They want to be able to offer a cheaper version of the Longbow and Q-Bow setups, so they are basing it around a common marker that shows unusual performance for its price. The new body kit will probably add exterior durability to the Ion (its key issue) and give another option for those people who enjoy playing both speedball and woodsball. It lets people play both games at a high level with just one gun, and lets people who are switching over from speedball convert more cheaply. I like the concept greatly, although if I were going to buy a Longbow or Q-Bow I would prefer the real one, instead of the dumbed down Ion version.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#6 User is offline   pachucobro 

• I love to snipe! It saves money on paint too.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:PachucoBro

Posted 29 October 2005 - 07:07 AM

NinjaoftheNight79, on Oct 28 2005, 10:45 PM, said:

Look dude, you got issues. You are just as bad as everyone else complainin about this gun or worshiping it.

Also, dont diss Chevy man. ...since you hate Ford too (dont worry i hate them too).

I am going to guess you are talking to me in your post.... WHAT THE HECK DID YOu READ???

I am not complaining AT ALL about blackcell.. I freakin' love the idea, the looks, the variety. I was complaining that people in general are so confused about what Black Cell is.

After reading your post I would say that you also are one of the group that is a little confused about it all because you could not see what I was trying to say when I was referring to Ford, Chevy, etc. BTW, I am a Chevy man and have owned three Chevy cars.

What I was referring to is the marketing... SS Chevys whether it is a Malibu, a Camaro, an Impala or a truck... they all have SS versions of the models. HENCE! Black Cell will have products for a TAC-One, an ION and other guns soon I am sure.

If there was a complaint at all in there for SpecOps it was that I felt their marketing of the xBows was confusing for some people (mostly younger players) and with the edition of Black Cell, which is a better way to class all the various mods and equipment, made it more confusing because people can't seem to see the corolation of the two.
IPB Image
[TAG] TheAdultGamer.com - Over 500+ recreational and professional adult gamers.

#7 User is offline   UNC A-5 

• Sabre/Broadsword
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:UNC A-5

Posted 29 October 2005 - 07:34 AM

i dont like how they look that much.......i like the originall longbow and q-loader better...way better
My dog.....

no animals were harmed in this picture

My Feedback: http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...showtopic=34612

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users