• You cannot reply to this topic

Ref shield just for cameras and stuff Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Buzz Killington 

• First you get the sugar
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Halfro

Posted 09 February 2007 - 10:20 PM

I have a digital video camera and I want to make some videos on the field. I know that some people would say the odds of the camera being hit is slim but I still don't want to risk the 300$ camera. So does anyone one have a design for something like a plexi glass shield or box or something?? thanks

http://www.londonpaintball.com/ <--- great canadian paintball shop!

#2 User is offline   Ghost_Wolf 

• Silent but Deadly.
  • PipPip

Posted 10 February 2007 - 09:43 PM

light PVC tubing with netting like what surrounds the field.
--Ghost_Wolf
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

#3 User is offline   Octavious 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2007 - 09:56 PM

First off, what are the general dimensions of the Camera? Or Better yet, what is the make/model of the camera, so I can see a picture of it.

You could well and easily make a plexi-glass box that would protect the camera from shots, however it could make it a bit difficult to hold, unless you attached a handle or strap to the box. Also you could use something like this, these "Unbreakable, Waterproof Cases" found here Seahorse Protective Cases. And for your camera, slip inside, cut out a section for the lense to view through and take a 1/4" piece of plexi glass to cover the hole and voila..

Of course, this is just an ideal just something to work with. Or as someone else said, a PVC Tube.. with a plexi glass cover for a cap. I've seen PVC come in 6" inch tubing, atleast sold locally, that should fit a camera.. I know it would fit mine.. of course, you prolly couldn't look at the LCD screen on it but still...an idea.

One suggestion, is take a lense off paintball mask, and build a box around it, so that can be the viewing lense from the camera... then using a piece of plexi-glass, use that as a top, so if you're camera has a LCD Screen that rotates you can point it upwards, see it through the plexi-glass, and know what you're recording...and just tape by pointing and aiming the box.. depending on how you build it, it could be pretty easy to handle.

Just a few ideas...hope this helps.

-Oct

#4 User is offline   Buzz Killington 

• First you get the sugar
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Halfro

Posted 11 February 2007 - 12:11 PM

thanks for the replies, im thinking of just buying a big piece of pexi glass and cutting it into a cube for my camera then putting a strap on the outside to hold it.

http://www.londonpaintball.com/ <--- great canadian paintball shop!

#5 User is offline   Not_You 

• Lather, Rinse, Repeat as Desired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:98customizer

Posted 11 February 2007 - 07:28 PM

for mine, a $500 sony cyber-shot, i just take the goggles out of my scott vectra, and hold them in front of the lense
Group: Banned #2
Pirate - "Seriously, I hope you hit this kid over the head with something very, very heavy. Like a truck."

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users