Special Ops Paintball: WHAT IS THE NAME OF THIS TUBE? - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

WHAT IS THE NAME OF THIS TUBE? Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_Tommy Towne_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:21 AM

I was wondering the name of this tube on top of this marker that holds paintballs. Can you just buy the tubes or do people make them?
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s26/Mar...ot/SANY0457.jpg

#2 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 14 February 2010 - 04:42 AM

That feed tube came with the marker. You can buy then ...... what marker are you trying to fit them for?

#3 User is offline   Pyrate Jim 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 February 2010 - 05:49 AM

That's a stock-class feed tube. Common on old Sheridans, it's soldered together.

That marker is a Palmers Pug with a Sergison K frame. The gun without the frame can be purchased from Palmers Pursuit Shop.

Other types of stock class marker use a feed tube that is held on with screws.
That kind can be puchased separately and sometimes modded to different guns.

Old-fashioned stick feeds were common, just a length of PVC tubing you stuck on the feed neck instead of a hopper.
CT co-ordinator, Paintball Marshals
http://www.pbmarshals.com/
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6

#4 User is offline   fourthsyde 

• Bringer Of Pain
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:FOURTHSYDE

Posted 14 February 2010 - 06:15 AM

looks like a regular ol' spring feed, they can be made with a little bit of ingenuity...

#5 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 14 February 2010 - 11:28 AM

View PostPyrate Jim, on Feb 14 2010, 05:49 AM, said:

That marker is a Palmers Pug

Close, it's a Palmerized PMI-1. Nobody ever knows without me telling them, though, and it shoots like a Pug. :dodgy:

What marker are you trying to mount one on? That kind of brass tubing can be bought from Palmers, or from a guy named tymcneer on MCB, however unless you're actually working with a brass Sheridan or Palmers gun, it's not worth it-PVC pipe is a lot cheaper and a lot more oldschooltastic. Alternately, there are a number of modders out there who will mount pistol springfeeds on whatever gun you want for a fee.

#6 Guest_Tommy Towne_*

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:24 AM

I found this one on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...4=263602_263622
but I think I will go down to the paintball shop tomorrow and see how it works so I can make my own. I am planning to turn a BT-4 combat into a pistol for non lethal home security (pepper and hard re-balls) and as a back up for paintball.
does anyone know of a site where I can purchase a small refillable co2 tank?
I want to have a forward facing tank with an led flashlight that would twist on with the co2 in a single turn. I also plan to eliminate the safety switch to reduce steps.
I know it will not be very accurate with a short barrel but I only plan to use it for close quarters.

This post has been edited by Tommy Towne: 15 February 2010 - 11:36 AM

#7 User is offline   ninja monkey 

• Team: Shadow Company
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:M00K

Posted 15 February 2010 - 02:59 PM

you must have a real pest problem, why not a tac cap and an a5 lol. does just the same, low pro.... or what you really need is a mag feed automag pisol.

#8 Guest_Tommy Towne_*

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:37 PM

I don't have many pests I just think a less lethal approach would be good to have around the house (this also allows me to spend money on paintball in disguise!! wink wink). Plus we currently kind of have a skunk problem.
I'm just interested in converting what I have. I'm creating a new project here not just buying something.

#9 User is offline   ninja monkey 

• Team: Shadow Company
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:M00K

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:12 PM

sounds good to me, hell, the skunk might like a little cinnamon paintball smell to him... pick up the lady skunks lol

#10 Guest_Tommy Towne_*

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:37 PM

Has anyone here ever made their own feed tube or know of a tutorial of someone making one?

#11 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:01 AM

PVC or Copper from the hardware store is your friend for a cheap feed. Can be made super cheap, just will look super ghetto. :wub:
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#12 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:42 AM

put out some golden malrin.. kill the little bastard... i knocked out 3 raccoons in 1 night with that stuff.. tired of them things knocking my trash over every week..

and everyone in my neighborhood knows not to mess with me.. although we do have new neighbors to the rear... i might go outside one day with my marker and pretend to be tuning the sight on it... give them a little hello this is the nutball that lives behind you approach...

they had a party last weekend.. and they were all being loud... i foresee fun things happening with these turd heads..

back on topic. that thing you found on ebay looks like it would fit my overlord.

This post has been edited by SO45615: 17 February 2010 - 03:43 AM

Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#13 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:48 AM

it won't fit your Overlord. PT's mount in like two set posts...you slide the little nub towards the other and put the feed on, let go of nub, it slides back and locks the feed into place. Overlords slide over a rail built into the marker, then the little nub jumps up slightly before dropping and locking the slide into place. Looks similar from the outside, quite different up close.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users