• You cannot reply to this topic

ProConnect 3 A better option for your remote needs

#1 User is offline   randomness 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:randomness

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:29 PM

I got a chance to take my marker out to a game and test out my new ProConnect3 remote. All in all, this is an awesome product!

Posted Image

Posted Image
For this review, I will be attaching the remote to a 20 oz CO2 tank... Nothing fancy to see here.

Posted Image
Here's a close up of the pin on the actual tank adapter. It's tapered so that it doesn't restrict air flow when the knurled knob is screwed all the way in. Now, you don't need to remember to do the half/quarter turn back when you gas up from the tank.

Posted Image
The adapter is screwed on, just turn the knob to gas up. Also the knob has a lock on it so that you can't accidentally unscrew it from the adapter.

Posted Image
It's a simple as that.

Posted Image
The actual ProConnect3 is just a tad bit shorter than your QD and slide check combo.

Posted Image
Instead of a slide check, this half of the ProConnect3 is simply a button. When the line is gassed up, the button has some resistance to it, so an accidental disconnect is unlikely. Just press the button, your marker is degassed in a hiss of air, and your line is still charged.

Posted Image
This is the male end of the ProConnect3. All you do it mate the two end and you have air in your marker again. Since the line has air in it there is some resistance when you press the two ends together. You hear a tiny hiss of air when the connection is complete.

When you are done for the day and you de-gas, there is a tiny hole in the tank adapter that will bleed the remaining air in your line out as you unscrew the adapter from the tank.

The cost of a remote with quick disconnect and slide check can be found as cheap as $20. For just a little more (I found my for $35), you get a superior system both in function and in maintenance. Looks like the ProConnect3 is a winner to me!
"I do as I please, ... , and believe me, what I do is always well done..." - The Count of Monte Cristo

Posted Image

#2 Guest_Tommy Towne_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:19 AM

nice. I will get a remote one day.

#3 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 19 February 2010 - 09:49 AM

View PostTommy Towne, on Feb 19 2010, 02:19 AM, said:

When I bought my remote last year, someone told me that slide checks are not that great because they can get filled with dirt and crud really easily...so I bought one lacking a slide check.

I wish I had seen this one -_- it's a pain to disconnect in many ways as I have to take off my half full cyclone hopper, turn off air flow, fire my marker until the hose and gun are empty...then disconnect.

#4 User is offline   TheEnd 

• I am the who when you call "Who's there?"
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheFear07

Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:14 PM

View Postcdrinkh20, on Feb 19 2010, 11:49 AM, said:

When I bought my remote last year, someone told me that slide checks are not that great because they can get filled with dirt and crud really easily...so I bought one lacking a slide check.

I wish I had seen this one -_- it's a pain to disconnect in many ways as I have to take off my half full cyclone hopper, turn off air flow, fire my marker until the hose and gun are empty...then disconnect.

Dude, just unscrew your tank a little and fire off a few shots to get rid of the excess air in your marker. Then take your tank the rest of the way off. I've never heard of anyone doing what you do. Hope this helps.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness.- Emo Philips
I don't drink these days. I'm allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs. Robert Downey Junior
Now and then I announce "I know you're listening to empty rooms". If I'm wrong then no one knows, and if I'm right, Maybe I just freaked the hell out of some secret organization.

#5 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 20 February 2010 - 01:33 AM

View PostTheEnd, on Feb 19 2010, 05:14 PM, said:

View Postcdrinkh20, on Feb 19 2010, 11:49 AM, said:

Dude, just unscrew your tank a little and fire off a few shots to get rid of the excess air in your marker. Then take your tank the rest of the way off. I've never heard of anyone doing what you do. Hope this helps.

Haha nobody ever told me what to do but I guess I never asked :P I was partially worried as the pressure ran down that the cyclone wouldn't fire quickly enough when firing off shots and a ball would get chambered late and get mushed in my gun. Other than taking my hopper off/firing a few shots off that doesn't seem to save me any hassle lol...

Seeing as I just turn the adapter on the remote line all the way counterclockwise so no more air enters the line...same idea as unscrewing it really.

#6 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 20 February 2010 - 07:50 AM

Very nice review!

I use a remote line, but it has no slide check or otherwise....Which is decidely less convenient. I should look into this product.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users