• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Conversion Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   sandman13 

• Member of team ACE
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 November 2007 - 10:15 AM

Hey ive been a dagger ever since i came from being frontman in alot of speedball. However im using a remote line for a pretty

big tank( cf 78 4500). I feel as though its too heavy so i put it on my back. Plus my gun is a about half mil simed, x7 looking like an M4.

Should i be playing Sabre.
Custom Vest

Spec Ops Feedback
Ebay Feedback
If you play rugby put this in your sig

#2 User is offline   DvS21 

• Duct Tape; saving lives since 1942
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Raiden21

Posted 10 November 2007 - 10:51 AM

you should actually not be listening to the positions, just play where your team needs you and have fun man. If you find you can pull the same front man type moves on the woodsball field, then hang back and play mid/"saber". Anywho take the advice for what it's worth to you.

PBN Feedback AO Feedback SOP Feedback
"We could do a raffle, I've got some random bowling trophies somewhere. Everyone needs a bowling trophy." - DigitalPirate
"No, Puzuma, please tea bag me for free......actually....after that statement....I don't even care"- Deuce
"So what? She had sex in your bed... Somebody had to, and obviously you dropped the ball..." - Jones

#3 User is offline   sandman13 

• Member of team ACE
  • Pip

Posted 10 November 2007 - 11:42 AM

Thanks for the help
Custom Vest

Spec Ops Feedback
Ebay Feedback
If you play rugby put this in your sig

#4 User is offline   Freakman 

• FREAKMAN
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:The Human Freak

Posted 10 November 2007 - 03:16 PM

View Postsandman13, on Nov 10 2007, 10:15 AM, said:

Hey ive been a dagger ever since i came from being frontman in alot of speedball. However im using a remote line for a pretty

big tank( cf 78 4500). I feel as though its too heavy so i put it on my back. Plus my gun is a about half mil simed, x7 looking like an M4.

honestly i would say stick with what you like, if you play dagger, play dagger, my a-5 is mod to look like an mp5 and i am the leading dagger on my team. i am squad leader af 3 daggers used for flanking and bunker rushing. stickwith dagger, you are just a little bigger than you average dagger. you dont need a small gun to be goood at dagger. it shows you have more skill if you can bunker rush with something rifle sized, than a small pdw.
HERE'S FREAKMAN!!!!

#5 User is offline   ThirdI 

• Elite Weekend 2007 Sportsmanship Winner and 2008 Instructor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ThirdI

Posted 10 November 2007 - 03:56 PM

I'm curious why you would carry such a heavy marker if you play a front position like that? If you really like the milsim look, I can understand that. Otherwise, I would suggest trading out for something lighter, more accurate and (especially in this case) more air efficient.

#6 User is offline   Duk139 

• The antiGremlin now with n00b smiting action
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:twchDUK

Posted 10 November 2007 - 08:18 PM

Play like there aren't any positions. If you play up front, you can call yourself a daggar, but under no circumstances should you ever, ever classify your self based on your marker. The positions on this site are what work for the people at Special Ops Paintball. If you can glean something from their knowledge, all the better for you. The position markers are just a what the Special Ops Paintball people think works best for their positions.

Play with your marker, don't let it play with you.

And remember it's all just a game, there anen't any hard and fast rules for how to play... except well the rules. Those are hard and fast...

sorry for the ramble, but i really can't stand when some one lets their markerlimit what they do

#7 User is offline   thebostinian 

• SOFA Favorite Member Title 2009
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thebostinian

Posted 11 November 2007 - 01:19 AM

View PostDvS21, on Nov 10 2007, 12:51 PM, said:

you should actually not be listening to the positions, just play where your team needs you and have fun man. If you find you can pull the same front man type moves on the woodsball field, then hang back and play mid/"saber". Anywho take the advice for what it's worth to you.

View PostDuk139, on Nov 10 2007, 10:18 PM, said:

Play like there aren't any positions. If you play up front, you can call yourself a daggar, but under no circumstances should you ever, ever classify your self based on your marker. The positions on this site are what work for the people at Special Ops Paintball. If you can glean something from their knowledge, all the better for you. The position markers are just a what the Special Ops Paintball people think works best for their positions.

Play with your marker, don't let it play with you.

And remember it's all just a game, there anen't any hard and fast rules for how to play... except well the rules. Those are hard and fast...

sorry for the ramble, but i really can't stand when some one lets their markerlimit what they do

i can't count how many times people have asked this question or one directly related to it ("my gun is small, but i like to play back, but should i play 'dagger' instead because of my gun"). it all comes down to what's comfortable for you and your skill set. i'm relatively quick (not blazing, though), i'm not a guy to pound a lot of paint, and i always have to be up front. i didn't really consciously decide to play the front because of my gun (2k autococker), but it's a decent setup for a frontman, it's just whats comfortable to me.

but really, DvS and Duk are dead on (the highlighted sections are profound words of wisdom regarding this topic) with their posts. paintball isn't about daggers and sabres, or frontmen and backmen, or snipers and commanders. rather, its about having fun. the sooner everyone realizes that, the better. it's a great game, people, but its still a game...lets not treat it like something else.

This post has been edited by thebostinian: 11 November 2007 - 01:19 AM

"Yeah, but a thread that started out as borderline weird and creepy to begin with has now taken a left turn into 'Deliverance." - Violator
Don't try to pronounce the second "o". Instead, try realize the truth: there is no second "o"

#8 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 11 November 2007 - 01:56 AM

Dont worry about equipment (basically, all the stuff thats been said above).

However, Ive found that Dagger & speedball Front are fairly compatible with each other. You'll find that some of the moves a Frontman uses translate well into typical Dagger tactics, with the emphasis being on speed, mobility & aggression.

Very roughly...
Dagger = Front
Sabre = Midfield
Broadsword/Hammer = Back

#9 User is offline   Sneaky Sir 

• Studyin' my pump-fu
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sneaky Sir

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:40 PM

Just like Duk said, don't let your marker play you, play your marker. And I really don't agree with the positions, all they mean is Spec Ops definition of different areas and styles of play. They're not saying that you have to be one or any. I don't classify myself by any of their positions. I play front, sniping, ambushing, flanking. Stuff like that. Heck I use my A-5 to play like a "dagger" definition, but I've also used my Phantom to do the exact same just with less paint.

Paintball is about fun, meeting new people and making new friends, showing off your customization skills by creating a marker or piece of equipment that is absolutely awesome, and above all respect for others and the community.

#10 User is offline   Enleft 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 13 December 2007 - 09:47 AM

If you have a real team with stratagies, you should ask them where they need you. theres no rule that says you can't be both, you just have to be able to adapt to different positions, thats what being a good paintball player is all about.

#11 User is offline   Freakman 

• FREAKMAN
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:The Human Freak

Posted 17 December 2007 - 06:04 PM

View Postsandman13, on Nov 10 2007, 10:15 AM, said:

reall man it doesnt matter what kind of setup ypu use to play dagger. i ahave an A5 looking like a mp5 so body kit and i still kick butt as a dagger. i rn remote to my back. al i got to so is play dagger with what u got.
HERE'S FREAKMAN!!!!

#12 User is offline   dogstile 

• who knew that i would become the local legend?
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:dogstile

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:40 AM

dosn't matter, i was useing the "sniper rifle" or "marksman's marker" that had a 20 inch barrel and was HUGE, i still bunker rushed because our dagger was down

(that and i was the last guy left, we ultimately lost, we needed two people to carry the bomb over the bridge)
"tippman rocks, if you think the same, put this in your sig"
"if the first thing you would grab if your house was on fire is your paintball gear, put this in your sig"
"if you love paintball more then your relatives, put this in your sig"
"if you are addicted to paintball, put this in your sig"

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users