• You cannot reply to this topic

Epi Ups Not looking for alot, just what REALLY helps

#1 User is offline   Shepherd 

• Semper Fi
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Shepherd

Post icon  Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:04 PM

I just got my new Epi, and I am transitioning form Tippys.

I ordered a clamping feedneck for it, to make sure I don't lose my Eggy3 when I run :dodgy:

I hear alot that I need a QEV, but I am not exactly sure why...explanations would be nice.

I also see alot of guys getting CP regs, but I was wondering why..is the stock one that bad?

As far as triggers, boards or bolts..not really interested in them now...my teams practice field only allows semi auto anyway.

#2 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:16 PM

Shepherd, on Jul 25 2008, 12:04 AM, said:

1. I just got my new Epi, and I am transitioning form Tippys.

2. I ordered a clamping feedneck for it, to make sure I don't lose my Eggy3 when I run :P

3. I hear alot that I need a QEV, but I am not exactly sure why...explanations would be nice.

4. I also see alot of guys getting CP regs, but I was wondering why..is the stock one that bad?

5. As far as triggers,

6. boards

7. or bolts..not really interested in them now...my teams practice field only allows semi auto anyway.

1. You'll like it as there's less felt recoil than with any tippy...and is also quieter.
2. Good choice. Now get blue locktite and add it to the feedneck's threads so it stays put for you.
3. A QEV does 2 things...
one) it allows the marker to vent the unused air at the QEV instead of having to backtrack through the noid. This allows the marker to cycle faster...translating to...the bolt will be able to cycle faster; and
two) acts as a grease trap so your dow33 doesn't clog the noid.
4. The stock reg is actually a very good reg but it's ugly and more of a pain to maintain than a CP. It will require (as all regs do) a break-in period of about 4000 shots. You can just shoot a tank of 2 of air through it or do it with paint....your choice...
5. The stock trigger is not bad...it's plastic and light...light enough to get broken if you tend tosqueeze it while you run...
6. The aftermarket boards, in addition to all the "modes," also allows you to maximize your settings to get the most efficient shooter you'd have. Fine tuning your board will give you one of the fastest "semis" on your field. Don't count it out just yet...look into some of them and see what I mean...
7. Bolts are one of those parts that work with other things to make a more efficient shooter. Stock bolts are heavy and require more air to move it. Lighter and higher flowing bolts use less air, giving you more field-time should you need it. DON"T count out a good bolt to cut air usage...I get almost 2 full cases from my 114/45 and a case and a quarter out of my 88/45 (my Ion is essentially an epiphany)
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#3 User is offline   Shepherd 

• Semper Fi
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shepherd

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:17 AM

I am a little confused about your trigger and bolt responses.

The Epi has a metal trigger, not plastic, and it also comes standard with a Firebolt. I now that there are some lighter bolts that the firebolt out there, but I also hear that the Firebolt is one awesome bolt as it is.

#4 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:15 AM

oops...my bad...lol. I was thinking Ion when I was typing. Sorry for the confusion.

The Firebolt is lighter and higher flowing than stock...but there ate better bolts than it. However for his needs, the Firebolt should do just fine.
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#5 User is offline   pigtech 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:33 AM

Keep in mind, if you look at other bolts, that a lot of aftermarket bolts are small, so that they increase the volume of gas in the firing chamber. The whole advantage that an Epiphany has over a stock Ion is a lower volume fire chamber to recharge faster, in order to keep velocity more consistent when you shoot fast. If you switch to a bolt that increases the fire chamber volume you will be undoing that advantage.

This post has been edited by pigtech: 16 September 2008 - 08:57 AM

Bill Mills, Technical Editor, WARPIG.com

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users