• This topic is locked

Michigan results and chat Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   FOZ 

• FOZ
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:51 AM

The Elite div. was won by Smart Corps and the Great Lakes Rangers took second

The masters div. was won by Failure to Flatline who played FTF2 (failure to flatline 2) for the final. Heretics took a hard faught 3rd place ( first place caliber team )!!!

The ref crew out there did AMAZING!!!! We all can't thank you guys enough for doing such great job!!!!!

The 9 team field was split into 2 brackets. Bracket 1 had Smart Corps, GLR (Great Lakes Rangers), Failure to Flatline, Heretics, and Malignant Force.

Bracket 2 - Delta Ops, FTF2, Gideon Force, and Achilles (sp?)

My hat is off to all teams! Very few penalties, all had a great sportsmanship, everybody played their butts off!

On a personal note about teams:
Smart Corps- You guys seem to get better every year! How that is possible, I have no idea! All of us using Smart Parts guns always thank you guys for showing up and fixing our guns when needed and being a good group of examples for future great players and teams!

GLR - You guys are always a fun group! You're a well put together team and it shows! I hope you guys can keep it coming in years to come. There is a great possibility for greatness there and hope you guys find it!

Heretics - GREAT TEAM, GREAT GUYS! In my opinion your third place finish does not give your teams skill level enough justice! We always have a blast playing you guys! I cant say enough about these guys! They always are a great group of guys and gals! You guys are my sleeper pick for a great finish in finals!

Malignant force - You guys seem to always have so much fun out there! You play hard and are improving every year! Looking forward to bumping into you guys in the future!

Gideon force - You cant help but to like these guys! A very young team getting a ton of experience this year! This is there second year in the sppl (i could be wrong). Always 100% from these guys and NEVER quit! Keep it up!

Delta ops - 3rd year sppl team! Always a threat! Always a good group to hang out with in between games! We hope to see you again in the future! Keep up the good work guys!

Achilles - A new team to the sppl who seem to have a bright future. They showed up short handed on day too and even came up w/ a win!!!!! Keep plugging away guys! Once you get acclimated with the format, I can definitely see you guys future winners of your div!

FTF2 - You misfit guys ( and grandpa ) that showed up the play w/ these guys did amazing! If you guys had a chance to even practice as a whole team...... look out sppl!

Failure to Flatline - I am a member of this team and want to thank everybody for voting for us for the sportsmanship award! My team analysis..... NOOBS =) OH - IO

Thanks the Shloob and his staff for another great event!
Thanks to all the SPPL sponsors for all you do!

FOZ - Failure to flatline

This post has been edited by FOZ: 25 August 2008 - 08:01 AM

The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.
maximum size exceeded

#2 User is offline   Warchild71 

• I Recruit Killers
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warchild71

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:40 AM

It was a phenomenal event. We all had a blast.

Congrats! to FTF and FTF2 for your 1st and 2nd place finishes and thanks so much for all the help you guys gave us at the event. The sportsmanship award was well deserved.

It was a pleasure playing against all of you FTF, Smart Corp, GLR, Malignant Force, Delta. Every single game we played was a blast. Looking forward to playing again with you all in the future.

Also, I made it a particular point to watch the reffing and I must say that the refs did a phenomenal job out there. They enforced the rules and busted their humps and took alot of random hits. They gave good reasons for their calls. The reffing was good last year but was even better this year. Thanks to Krazy8 and all the refs who worked the event. You all did a great job

This post has been edited by Warchild71: 25 August 2008 - 10:06 AM

#3 Guest_PaleRider_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:36 PM

Just got home, long days and short nights....I am getting to old for this S..... Stuff :)

My deepest thanks to the staff and refs at Hell's Survivors field. Dave and Eddie the owners
really roll out the red carpet for the SPPL events. If all the field owners were these guys the SPPL
every event would be a WOW event!!!

Also thanks to Krazy8 - he jumped in with both feet as our head ref this week end.
The play was out standing, the sportsmanship on the field was some of the best I have seen.

#4 User is offline   Mars 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:09 AM

On behalf of the referee staff at HSI, thanks to all, the compliments are greatly appreciated. We were only doing our jobs. I hope whoever referees the event next year does as good a job, or tries to do even better. The players, as always, played great ball and were good sports. It was good to see the more novice/younger players getting better, year after year. It's always great to watch someone go up against the SmartCorps guys, and give them their best game, and to see players and teams learning from Great Lakes Rangers and SmartCorps (emulation is the best compliment). Having players like AgentSmith, Deacon, Beaker, amongst others... is always a pleasure to take the field with you. I saw a new(er) team, Achilles, had great organization and stood up with only a seven man team. I missed having Adrenaline there. I wish all of you players the best in your future endeavors... Good luck, have fun, be safe!!!

#5 User is offline   FOZ 

• FOZ
  • Pip

Posted 26 August 2008 - 12:19 PM

Oh Shloooooooob...... What kind of info can you give us on the pics/photographer that was there?
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.
maximum size exceeded

#6 User is offline   AgentSmith 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:AgentSmith

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:29 PM

Mars,
You can say you 'were just doing your jobs', but I would change that, to 'just doing your jobs as well as anybody in the business'.
In my opinion, you guys are to referees what Smart Corps are to SPPL teams- The Best By Test.
Hell Survivors has repeatedly surprised me by just getting better with age.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, as someone who has chosen to play strictly pistols for 22 years now in a world of regular markers, I never thought I'd find a format where I could test my skills against some of the best players the country has to offer.
Thanks to Jason and the SPPL for giving strange folk like me somewhere to compete!
For me it's not about the scores, it's about seeing great players rise to tough occasions, smart players make the right decisions and asking "Am I that good?". It's helped me grow alot as a player, even at the tender age of 44 :laugh: .

This was another great chance to meet alot of new friends and revisit with old ones. From their dedication and demeanor, Team Achilles is a great addition to our League and the guys from FTF earned the sportsmanship award for sure, both on the field and off. A truly great time! Always a pleasure to see my many other friends from this growing league, too!

My hat is off to Smart Corps, I'm glad we didn't have to play in the pouring rain this year and as always, you guys found a few new twists on a field that's pretty much as old as paintball. I hope you'll find your way back to Michigan next year, I'll be waiting!!!

Rob 'Still Sore AgentSmith' Smith

#7 User is offline   Toad152 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Failure to Flatline

Posted 28 August 2008 - 10:15 AM

Good job everyone MI was a blast we hope to see everyone again at finals. I agree with most everything Foz said up there so i'm not going to retype it all out. Once again Great job to all the Refs and Staff up in MI great event. Good job to Jayson to for putting together such another smooth running event.

Great Job everyone

Steve
Failure to Flatline

oh there is another topic where you can look at the michigan pics great job photographer too!!!!

#8 User is offline   RedBeard 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:RedBeard75

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:37 PM

View PostToad152, on Aug 28 2008, 10:15 AM, said:

Good job everyone MI was a blast we hope to see everyone again at finals. I agree with most everything Foz said up there so i'm not going to retype it all out. Once again Great job to all the Refs and Staff up in MI great event. Good job to Jayson to for putting together such another smooth running event.

Great Job everyone

Steve
Failure to Flatline

oh there is another topic where you can look at the michigan pics great job photographer too!!!!

Had a great time playing with all the teams that were there, and sorry I didnt get to play with the teams we missed... ;) Look forward to the next event!!
Heretics Scenario Paintball-visit us at www.chicagoheretics.com

TRAINING DAY V @ Fox Paintball - Sunday, September 20th, 2009

GHTP Street Team: Join Us at - http://community.ghtp.net

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users