• You cannot reply to this topic

1-i's medical folder

#256 User is offline   the eggman 

• ninjadodjy is always watching you...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:bake-bake

Posted 09 September 2008 - 11:55 AM

this needs to be a story to tell when ever a "why should I?" comes up on the paintball field

#257 User is offline   TippmannPro 

• Team Player
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:TIPPMANN PRO

Posted 10 October 2008 - 08:25 PM

That hit me home pretty good.

I had a friend like you once. (I didn't shoot him) But he took one in the eye and now is scarcly getting his vision back.

Unlucky for you though.

(Sorry if this is a old topic but I'm new to the site so I have an excuse :unsure:

#258 User is offline   blind'n 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:32 PM

I actually had this same thing happen. Only three days after receiving my paintball gun as a gift. I never lost consciousness, though. Other than that, our story is the same. I'm really sorry for you, I know the feeling.Attached File  iris.jpg (6.44K)
Number of downloads: 4

#259 User is offline   Marek 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:16 PM

i was hit in the eye with a bb gun but thankfully it hit the white fleshy part...
raises the question of why would someone play without a mask?

#260 User is offline   1-I 

• Creator of the number 7
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:1-I

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:20 PM

raises the question of why would someone play without a mask?

mostly stupidity.

and blind'n, welcome new member, ive felt your pain, obviously.
looks like you also got a little bit of torn iris, that sucks, but on the bright side (bright sides hurt badly btw) you can wear sunglasses whereever you want and always have a good reason for not taking them off.

everyone say hi to my son who thinks hes helping me type right now.
Posted Image

Glory is for the weak.

#261 User is offline   Tu_Padre 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:West Staines Massive

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:29 PM

Hi 1-i's son!

I think this is one of the first posts I read when I joined and i'd like to say thank you for possibly preventing numerous accidents.

I do have a question. My friend broke his leg in half... completly. So he's got a metal rod in his leg and a pass for anywhere that requires you to step through a metal detector.

What happens about place that won't let you wear sunglasses like banks or tourist sites?

This post has been edited by Tu_Padre: 14 January 2009 - 06:44 PM

Group:banned #16 Feedback: SpecOps +14/-0 MCB: +2/-0

#262 User is offline   1-I 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:46 PM

banks dont like me wearing sunglasses, well i guess that makes sense but it hasnt been in issue for me.

i suppose if it ever were and issue they got full rights to kick me out or i could just deal with whatever pain i might be exerpiencing at the time but i wouldnt expect them to make a special exception for me, i dont expect the world to kiss my feet just cause i might have a particular issue with light.

This post has been edited by 1-I: 22 January 2009 - 03:48 PM

Posted Image

Glory is for the weak.

#263 User is offline   wieczorek24 

• Don't go into the long grass!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:chavez

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:40 PM

I think this is probably the third time I've read your story and it hits me every time. I tell people about this story occasionally when they ask if they really need to wear goggles just to be on the sidelines watching.
I'm glad to hear there are some advancements in helping you regain your vision. Best of luck to you, I hope I never have to live through what you did...
<div align="center">
<a href="http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=142281&hl=lethal" target="_blank"><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->Feedback +4/-0<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></a></div>

#264 User is offline   1-I 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:45 PM

Sometimes I forget how much this stupid mishap has altered my life, in such little ways that sometimes I dont even get.
Sometimse events or stress gets to others around me and I somehow dont see the or feel the stress or significance of whatever 'bad' thing it was, sometimes I mutilated a broken chair because I spilled my coffee, guess that means that Im just as messed up as the rest of you but the perenial wink or sunglasses give me away.

Not sure where Im going with this but I just read all 18 pages and In this (possible mid-life crisis) stage of my life I just felt like typing about it.

Soon it will be morning and my kids will wake me up, demand mickey mouse, and force me to get one ready for school and the other will just want to bounce on my back.
My oldest boy is autistic-ish and my youngest well hes two and thats bad enough, compaired to fatherhood my own little eye problem is so distant in its familirairty that I..... ok lost that thought.

guess the point is remember those masks kids, lifes gonna keep moving even if you dont but the ride is far more scenic when its not tinted.
Posted Image

Glory is for the weak.

#265 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:35 AM

View Post1-I, on 14 December 2010 - 01:45 AM, said:

lifes gonna keep moving even if you dont but the ride is far more scenic when its not tinted.

Bravo.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#266 User is offline   GUNFU 

• EL Gunfu
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:I_KNW_GUNFU

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:20 PM

Thanks for resurrecting the thread it was I really good read. I would have never found this. It was a lesson learned the hard way but by telling your story you help many newcomers understand the necessity of good face and eye protection and not just buying the cheapest mask on the market. The worst eye injury I ever had was a paper cut in my eye. The pain and ridicule I had to endure were nothing compared to yours, I tip my hat to you sir for moving on and still enjoying paintball.

This story needs to be added to every paintball user manuals out there. Give them something to think about before going out and just shooting up the yard.
If you see my shadow it's already too late.

Share this topic:

• (18 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users