• You cannot reply to this topic

Have you ever Written a scenario? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Dr. Wiggy 

• "God. Duty. Honor. Country."
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Dr. Wiggy

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:19 PM

Just wondering how many people here have written scenarios before.

I just wrote one today for the first time. I'm not quite sure if I wrote too much/not enough missions.
I'm more curious about the missions and special abilities than the storyline.

If you wouldn't mind sharing them with me I would be very thankful.

Thanks in advance,
God Bless,
Doc

The honorable freak of nature; Dr. Wiggy presiding.
Posted Image
The "Suicidal Ref"

Become Elite. Don't Cheat.

#2 User is offline   mike7822 

• Aloha!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MIKE7822

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:48 PM

I think it really depends on how big your field is. And how many players are attending. My field had a scenario that had a couple main objectives but that was it. They had places where there were two colored flags up and whatever team had their flag up at the time a referee walked by got points for it. Every half an hour or so. That was it.
03 Prostock Pump ♦ 08 Ego

#3 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:34 AM

I wrote one. I tried it out at our local field, and unfortunately the kids were a little too... non-understanding.
Me: "Alright, this is your mission. You are to make your way to the radio tower (White fort). Your General must stay in that location for 10 minutes in order to call in the airstrike. Failure to complete this mission will allow enemy reinforcements much easier access to the battle field."

The players: "Whoa! There's gonna be an airstrike!!! That's sooo cool!

Me: No, there won't be an actual airstrike. That would destroy the field...

The players: So, why do we have to hold it if there's not gonna be an airstrike...

Me: For points. You get points.

The players: Ooooh, ok. *they proceed to completely ignore the fort during the battle*

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#4 User is offline   LoneWolf99 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:36 AM

K.I.S.S. - Keep it simple, very simple to start. Most players are going to have problems with even "go to base A & do action B," since they are there primarily to shoot paint. You might get a small group of motivated players that can handle the basics or a little more than that, but don't count on it.

At our original field, it took over a dozen scenarios, over the course of more than a year, to get the usually crowd experienced enough to start handling two-phase missions (get item A at place B & take and hold at place C), but since we are now at a new field, with less experienced players, we are back to the simple take and hold or supply drop type missions again.

As scenario paintball has devolved into more "big game" formats - you are better off concentrating on fewer missions, strategically placed on the field to generate the most action. Your players will have a much better time and spend less time scratching their heads trying to figure out what to do (critical thinking skills seem to be in very short supply nowadays).

#5 User is offline   whsoccerjc21 

• a hungry wolf
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:whsoccerjc21

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:11 PM

Yea I wrote a Black Hawk Down scenario for my local field. It actually went pretty well, they tweaked it a little bit and changed some things i didnt really think needed changing but it was okay. Also try to stay away from ones that involve finding different items all over the field, cause its not really something you can do. You just play regular paintball and hope you stumble across the item.

#6 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:14 PM

i have about 5 written out, but im waiting to find a producer to produce them.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#7 User is offline   LoneWolf99 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:31 PM

Good luck with that - there really aren't that many left & the ones who are around pretty much have their own formats down pat.

#8 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:02 PM

I've tried to write a few, but never had a place to run them.
Member of Team Akkadian

#9 User is offline   HOUND1 

• VVVCheese Its!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:AMRAAM11

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:36 PM

I have one with some potential that I'm going to submit to my field after the next big game. I know the owner relatively well, so it will at least get looked at :laugh:

But really, at my field people really like the "capture point A to receive bacon" idea, but nobody really goes for the props. Even when they do, the props have no significance other than points. In my opinion, props should offer a few points, but their real value should be in a strategic advantage that is gained by the team who gets the prop (ex; the activation codes to a teleporter, which was a prop in a previous big game at my field and allowed safe travel for players between two locations on the field).

This post has been edited by HOUND1: 24 August 2010 - 07:36 PM

Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:27 PM

i wrote one for my moms unit...they have like a blood fued with another unit in their brigade and it was for squads from those two unit to play against each other

alot of the soldiers like it mainly because they had a chance to shot some officers and vice versa

but it was rejected by Lt. Col. Hammer...it would have just been a huge pain to organize.

This post has been edited by Down Range Pain: 24 August 2010 - 10:27 PM

Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” --Martin Luther King Jr.

"Victory is a very dangerous oppertunity" --General Andre Beaufre

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users