• You cannot reply to this topic

Good-bye New Chapter in life. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   TREE FITTY 

• Time to get to business...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:TIPPMANN6791

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:21 PM

TREE FITTY, Matt, here for probably the last time.

I ship off to Marine Corps Boot Camp in 15 days now. I will be enlisted under the Military Occupational Specialty of 2600, which is Signals Intelligence/Cryptologic Linguist. I will attend Boot Camp, School of Infantry- Marine Combat Training Battalion, attend a basic Intel school and then head to Monterey Bay, California for 64 weeks to train at Defense Linguistic Institute, learning a CAT IV Language which includes Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and now some Afghanistan dialects. My ultimate goal is Recon School, entering the Radio Recon training. My goal, however given the odds of achieving this goal I have plenty of back up plans. I intend on serving for 20+ years, but we will see how these first five play out.

Thank you all for everything, I spent the last few months offline here, training, studying knowledge for the USMC, picking my MOS and earning a 10,000 dollar sign on bonus as well. Life is great, and it's only getting better. Paintball was a fun part of my life, but the money isn't there for me right now to play. Maybe during my training in Cali I can get onto the field on weekends. I quit my job a week or two ago, I was there for 3 years and ranked unofficially the best employee by the man who owns it. I only ever had one raise, I worked for 8 bucks an hour but it got me by, so I had no complaints. I've kept clean there, with my friends, no drinking or drugs or anything. I'm earning a top secret security clearance as well, so when they look into my life they'll see nothing but a clean slate.

I don't think I'll return to the forum, I kind of forgot about it for the longest time. Hopefully during my enlistment it reappears in my memory and I come on to tell you how awesome the USMC is/isn't, 'cause I don't know right now. I expect plenty of great days and trashy days.

I've earned top scores in both my physical fitness test and my combat fitness test, and I'm heading to Boot Camp as a Recruit, but will graduate as a Private First Class instead of a Private. Hopefully I can earn that Lance Corporal. Doubt it, but it would be nice.

Not trying to flash anything, just thought I would update all you guys as I start a new, awesome chapter in my life. Thanks for everything, including the life lessons, friendship, information, whatever it was. No news is good news, but how cocky I've become with myself, I want to say that you'll hear my name in the upcoming years. I've got nothing but drive and motivation, and I'm not blind about it. Call it hubris, I'll call it confidence.

Good-bye everyone! Please take care of yourselves.

did I die for a second there?...

#2 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Enhander

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:31 PM

Best of luck to you my friend!

#3 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:37 PM

Good luck Vode.
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#4 User is offline   blackrain 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:blackrain's aftermath

Posted 27 November 2010 - 04:01 PM

No reason to say goodbye to paintball. Did you know that all the Corps Bases have a field on them. So don't pack your gear away anytime. You'll need it to break the stress of school. I can say you will find out how different you are from your friends when you come home. You'll just be on a little higher level.

USMC isn't a joke,so when it's 4th and goal and your hurting and you can't go any further you'll keep going. That's what will seperate you from others,the drive to never stop.

So I'll see you soon at a Military field,I have that advantage also.

I can say you'll hate it and want nothing more to do with it and the closer it gets to your ETS date,eventually you'll reenlist or finish out your 8 yrs. You do realized you signed up for 8 yrs.

I can give you the best advice I can ever give a Young Man.

That girl you leave behind at home,do just that. Break all ties. You'll meet plenty of girls in your travels and then some. 12 weeks is a long time and I have seen way to many guys more worried about girl friends at home then get a dear John letter. Don't get married while your in school,cause she will just be a distraction.

When the DI is up in your face yelling,just agree and they'll leave you be. You have no say when you are in. Here's the big secret to all the yelling,they are trying to see who will break and who the smart ass is,cause that's the one who's ASS is going to get rode the whole 12 weeks of training.

If you deploy,that is not a reason to get married. Illegitamet kids are just a blood test away from freedom and a life of torment and trouble.It may not even be yours. Always blood test.

Watch who you marry,your ID card and privliges are worth more then you are with some. Remember,you will go to the field alot,so don't tie yourself down to one kid.

Never give your girl friend access to your bank accounts and never use checks. Just live in the barracks and stash your cash,you'll need it when you get out and go to school.

Beaware of "Military 0% down". Buy your new car from your home town.

Later,
Blackrain:)

#5 User is offline   Lt.Col.Vortex 

• Death itself
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 November 2010 - 04:22 PM

Kick some bag guy but when you join for me and your fellow Americans.

#6 Guest_MOATI_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 27 November 2010 - 04:25 PM

Please do keep us posted on how you're doing. You've been a member of this community for a long time and you will continue to be.

Be safe and be smart!

Most of all, THANK YOU for the service you've chosen to provide to the rest of us!

#7 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 27 November 2010 - 04:38 PM

I love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..

In a totally non-homo kinda way but hoping to spread some love lol.

#8 User is offline   TREE FITTY 

• Time to get to business...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TIPPMANN6791

Posted 27 November 2010 - 05:10 PM

Thank you, all of you, I appreciate all the remarks.

I signed up for an 8 year contract, I know. 5 will be active duty, the last 3 will be the IRR.

Women, well, I'm single. I'm having fun. I know I'll be headed to California, most likely Florida too. There will be plenty of ladies to meet and plenty of fun to be had, I got no ties, and every ex I have I already told the reality of the situation- they're either friends or they're out of my life. Plain and simple, I am a fan of absolutes now.

I had some DI's already give me a little attention at a recent USMC function for Poolees (in the Delayed entry program but haven't shipped to boot camp) and they do a lot of screaming, yelling, seem angry, but I know it's all an act. I know DI's love their job. I know DI's love their recruits. The one thing they cannot control is time, and it will be over eventually. I'm strong, mentally and physically, and they won't break me, I know that much. I invested too much into this now to give up on it. Lack of ambition isn't on my list of problems.

Money will definitely be protected too, thanks for the heads-up. I plan on saving as much as possible. I'm not a big spender, I intend on getting myself a new acoustic guitar since I'm selling mine, but that's probably it. I'll possibly keep up with paintball but we'll see how that goes. From what I understand DLI is extremely intense and will require a lot of attention from me. I intend on putting 10000% of my effort into it for sure.

Thank you for all the advice too.

MOATI, thank you for the kind words, I'll be sure to visit from time to time. I'll be sure to keep my head down when appropriate, and use my brain every day. I'm excited and I'm hoping for the best.

Eskimo, it's all love man. Alllllllllll love.

did I die for a second there?...

#9 User is offline   MaDuce 

• Grab your gun and bring the cat in.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MaDuce

Posted 27 November 2010 - 05:18 PM

Good luck, Matt, and all the best.

Be sure to stop by whenever you can!
"Its very hard to grasp the idea at first but once you accept it, it makes A LOT of sense!" -- Minnesota Sn1p3r on conspiracy theories
"Everyone instantly jumps the conclusion that the government is out to get us." -- SWAT SAINT
"Bad Duce, bad." -- Ace-014
"Good man, Duce, good man." -- Tryon
"Also accepting female snipers." -- Lt.Col.Vortex

#10 User is offline   Benaiah 

• If you dont get it, youre Sofa Kingdom
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Benaiah2320

Posted 27 November 2010 - 06:46 PM

Dude youre awesome. With that amount of dedication you'll make it no sweat. Never give up on your goal of linguistics.

Im hoping to go navy after college as an officer too so i sort of know the stuff youre going through with committing the next 10+ years to serving.

Go get some.
2 Samuel 22

#11 User is offline   commander mike 

• the door is locked now but its open if your true - Metallica
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:commander mike

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:32 PM

Wish you the best dude. Come back to say hello every now and then will ya?
Posted Image
Friends dont let friends shoot .50 cal... - The Stuntman

#12 User is offline   mike7822 

• Aloha!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MIKE7822

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:40 PM

At least your not leaving like you did before......
03 Prostock Pump ♦ 08 Ego

#13 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:19 PM

View Postmike7822, on 27 November 2010 - 11:40 PM, said:

LOL someone had to say it.

Good luck bro. I wish you the best. Keep your head down at the right times, and keep it up the rest of the time. We will miss you here. Thank you for your service to the country. :D

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#14 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:45 PM

Good bye & good luck!

#15 User is offline   C0N0R 

• whose the guy who horked our clothes eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mad Sabre

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:01 PM

View PostLegato, on 28 November 2010 - 01:19 AM, said:

View Postmike7822, on 27 November 2010 - 11:40 PM, said:

LOL someone had to say it.

Good luck bro. I wish you the best. Keep your head down at the right times, and keep it up the rest of the time. We will miss you here. Thank you for your service to the country. :D

I was about to say "Don't die... again" but i figured someone who wasn't here at that time would get all butt-hurt over it.
SO's own Guitar player/luthier (builder), ask me any questions about guitars or guitar building.
brownie points-15
Gear- Jackson DX10D with OFR, Tremol-no, and concentric pots. Schecter omen 6 with... wait.. wrong forum..
Hope you plan on keeping it, resale on big pickups is dropping faster than your mom's skirt-aqua__scummm

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users