Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:21 PM

Buy a nice set of spikes soccer or maybe football on sale

#17 User is offline   town saber 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:hicksniper

Posted 07 August 2010 - 08:24 PM

im a sabre not a dagger but based on what i see ya guys do (Cqb,door breach,flanking, and all the crazed Shi* your all skilled at, id say the new carver one kept bone stock (nothing on it,cept maby an E-trig) would do the job nice, low profile with an 8 inch barrel, with rails to change it up..
official sabre recognition group # 156,

if we cant do it it dosent need to be done...

when in doubt...RUSH!!!

#18 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:54 AM

advice from a hammer:

if you're running with tippmanns, for cheap firepower upgrade, get gatlin cranks. i use them all the time, and i loved them on single markers because you can play very very tight. it will allow your dagger to skip buying an e-marker or even an e-grip etc. i say that because its 15 semi auto, field legal everywhere, even places that say the limit is less than 15, because he can just turn it a smidgen slower.

for 20 bucks or so, its great. mainly because not many people really know about them from seeing them used in person. its a hoot.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#19 User is offline   Rathje 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Rathje

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:01 PM

You shouldn't just buy stuff just because SpecOps labels it as "Dagger equipment."

It completely depends on what sort of games you play

First off, unless you're doing all day scenario games, you don't need a vest. Vests are for distributing a large load when you're going to be on your feet all day, or managing a lot of items. For everything else, a normal hip pack works better for a fast runner. For myself, I usually use a $9.00 NxE three pod holster with a plain old nylon belt. It works fine for normal woodsball games where you can refill on ammo between games. Three pods is more than I will ever use. In fact, I usually just take two pods.

So skip the vest. You'll get a lot more use out of a conventional speedball hip pack. NxE and Custom Products have some good ones. You can always get a vest later when you actually have a need for it.

First thing any paintball player should get is always a mask. The most high scale and comfortable you can afford - with a thermal lens.

Next thing to worry about is shoes. Get some good trail running shoes - and get someone competent to fit them for you (read - not the dude at Sports Authority). Shoes are the most important piece of equipment for a Dagger - aside from the mask.

Next thing to get is the pod hip pack that I mentioned above.

After that, you can worry about your gun rig. You want the lightest gun you can get your hands on. So, unless you're going to be running a TPX pistol, this means a Dagger can probably forget about anything from Tippmann. They're heavy, and you can get lighter guns for that price range. Not saying you can't run a Tippmann if that's what you like. But it's not optimal. You're better off with a super-light speedball gun. And a smaller HPA tank on-gun of course. A lightweight loader is a good idea too. I'd suggest the Invert Reloader, or its twin the Viewloader Revy. Daggers don't have super fast rates of fire anyway, so these mid range loaders are probably the best bargain for you (and they're lighter than the heavier Halos and such). If you absolutely must have a super loader though - I'd say the Pinokio. It's the lightest I think.

Next most important piece of gear is knee pads. Being able to take a knee comfortably on top of a rock for five minutes is golden in the woods. Besides, when you're running recon and get yourself in trouble, you're going to need to take cover and hit the dirt. Knee pads are vital for doing this. Shin guards on the knee pads aren't a bad idea either - just in case you smash your shin into a jutting out branch. Elbow pads aren't as crucial and you can save those for whenever you have the money to spare.

Don't buy a radio unless you have a good reason to do so - namely everyone else on your team has them and is using them effectively. And no - a new woodsball team should not invest in radios for everyone. They're expensive, and until you're sure the team is going to actually survive the first year, you don't want to be financially burdening everyone with stuff like this.

Gloves, neck guard, and something to cover your head come next in line. Probably slider shorts too. For Daggers, movement and the ability to quickly go to the ground are most important. Even more important than shooting straight, actually.

Now you want to get good camo paintball pants. SpecOps has some good options. So does BT. I prefer the new Valken V-Tac line. Take your pick. Try to match the camo to where you usually play, but the main thing is being able to run comfortably in them. Camouflage is a nice bonus after that.

Once you hit this point, I'd say you're better focusing your money on paint, spare lenses, anti-fog stuff, scenario game fees, and such rather than purchasing more core gear. That'll be plenty to keep your wallet busy and you're always better off actually playing rather than buying more crap.

But if you want further suggestions, I'd say to look at stuff like - mask fan, vest or chest rig, camo jersey and backup stuff. Aside from that, you'll probably be able to pick your own customized options at this point better than anyone else.

Edit: on the speedball gun thing...

Most Daggers don't need high rates of fire, so you don't need to get an Invert Mini or an Ego or whatever. Just make sure you get something light. You can probably get away with an Azodin Kaos or Blitz if you want to save money.

And if you really want to save money, you can just buy one of those Empire Trracer pumps (much better value than the new Tippmann SL68s). I think Dagger is one position that can really run a pump most effectively.

This post has been edited by Rathje: 02 March 2011 - 08:07 PM

#20 User is offline   redthirst 

• AVOID THE NOID!
  • PipPip
  • Location:The South <-- this used to be more specific... but then somebody snitched on me.
  • Brigade Name:WrightPower

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:18 AM

You know, Rathje, I want to tell you to quit posting in these old dead threads... but your posts are really good and I agree with everything you've said so I'm at a bit of a cross roads.

Instead of posting on threads that are 2-3 years old, why not make your own? You type well, your advice is, IMO, spot on, and I imagine I'd really enjoy reading and posting on what you had to say.

This post has been edited by redthirst: 03 March 2011 - 08:19 AM

Masters of awesome whom I don't BOINK with: Montresor, long_baller, JerseyPaint, Deschaine, brokepballer, Frontier Bill, Bookworm, TREE FITTY (he's a zombie), THIS COULD BE YOU!

#21 User is offline   kaosukoden 

• Aim first
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kaosukoden

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:30 AM

I agree with Red here... spot on... great to read. Glad you're going through and reading the forums though, that's the best way to make sure you aren't kicking a dead horse. at least the previous post wasn't from 2008 though... lol...

#22 User is offline   Rathje 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Rathje

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:33 AM

OK, fair enough.

I'll just start a new thread next time. I kind of figured that necroposting wasn't a big deal if no one else was doing anything with the forum.

But in the interest of tidiness, I'll simply start a new topic next time.

#23 User is offline   kaosukoden 

• Aim first
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kaosukoden

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:02 AM

haha necroposting... that's awesome, i've never heard that before.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users