• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Explain the 'Cocker Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Der Kartozeichner 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:00 PM

I've heard quite a lot about the Autococker, but nothing really specific. People have said its' amazing, even going so far as to say 'God played with an Autococker.' But what is really so great about the 'Cocker? I never really understood that.

Also, it's lardlad. My old account wasn't working, couldn't do a thing, so I'm trying a new one..

-Der Kartozeichner

Fairfield Republic - War Slots - Aid Slots
Tippmann Owners Club #119

#2 User is offline   swrs3001 

• I Love Explosives!
  • Pip

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:38 AM

Autocockers where the gun to have from about 1998-2005, and there is still a lot of nostalgia from autococker owners. The closed bolt design of the guns pushed the 'their more accurate' concept, and while they normally are more accurate there is nothing to really back up the claim. A lot of people simply like autocockers, from the way they look, the ability to upgrade them, the feel, the tinkering aspect, and now the rarity aspect of them since very people still use them.

I love my autocockers and wouldn't trade them for anything, but I am one of the few people left around that still knows how to time them and get them to work. I consider my Limited Edition Black Magic a work of art, but that's just me. Once you get an autococker working (which many don't have the patience for) they treat you with an experience, I don't think you can get from any other gun. But you have to shoot one to see what I mean, although it could just be me on a nostalgia trip when I shoot my autocockers.

They're a tinker's dream, and the old-school classiness of them appeals to a lot of people, and since I like to think God has class, he probably does play with an Autococker. Although, and Angel might make more sense.

This post has been edited by swrs3001: 02 June 2010 - 10:40 AM

#3 User is offline   Riddler 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:34 PM

Mags and 'cockers were the big two rival tournament semi-auto markers of the mid-1990's.

Like the Automag, the 'cocker continues to enjoy some popularity, particularly among veteran players. It always had a reputation as a tinkerer's marker, likely augmented by the obscene number of custom shop private label variants; and though myths of tricky maintenance continue to haunt the gun, I personally find it to be a supremely simple design that is easy to tech and tune, but to each their own.

The diversity of markers we have to choose from in paintball is great; everyone can enjoy their own personal preference. So don't worry if you don't 'get' autocockers. Shoot what you like.

#4 User is offline   Der Kartozeichner 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:42 PM

I'm just looking for a deeper understanding of the sport, man. Thanks for the help!

#5 User is offline   swrs3001 

• I Love Explosives!
  • Pip

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:49 PM

Keeping learning about paintball, guns, trends, tactics. It's half the fun of this sport anyway.

#6 User is offline   Der Kartozeichner 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:51 PM

Especially when you work at a place that gives you $5.50 an hour.. >.>

#7 User is offline   jtpaintball70 

• Stock-Class player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JTPaintball70

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:28 PM

View PostRiddler, on Jun 2 2010, 04:34 PM, said:

Mags and 'cockers were the big two rival tournament semi-auto markers of the mid-1990's.

Like the Automag, the 'cocker continues to enjoy some popularity, particularly among veteran players. It always had a reputation as a tinkerer's marker, likely augmented by the obscene number of custom shop private label variants; and though myths of tricky maintenance continue to haunt the gun, I personally find it to be a supremely simple design that is easy to tech and tune, but to each their own.

The diversity of markers we have to choose from in paintball is great; everyone can enjoy their own personal preference. So don't worry if you don't 'get' autocockers. Shoot what you like.

Very easy, especially if you pull the pneumatics off and slap a pump on it :P
☻/ This is Muhammad.
/▌ 
/ \ Copy and paste him

#8 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:18 PM

View PostDer Kartozeichner, on Jun 2 2010, 04:51 PM, said:

Especially when you work at a place that gives you $5.50 an hour.. >.>

Ew :P where's that??

#9 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:28 PM

gotta be in the south where there is a handful of states with no minimum wage laws ... or some that have state minimum wages less than the federal minimum wage recccomendations , there are a few of those as well, but spread out more ... but i guess he could be from outside the us as well, eh ?

#10 User is offline   Der Kartozeichner 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:16 AM

Local Ohio swim club. I'm pretty sure they can only pull it off because I'm not quite 16 yet.

#11 User is offline   Riddler 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 03 June 2010 - 02:48 PM

View PostDer Kartozeichner, on Jun 2 2010, 06:42 PM, said:

I'm just looking for a deeper understanding of the sport, man. Thanks for the help!

Sure thing! In a nutshell, the Autococker was an 'it' gun for a long time, and many people still enjoy shooting them. Like many older markers, it continues to have a niche, and rightfully so. Paintball has a rich history filled with many exceptionally fun markers that are still great to shoot today.

#12 User is offline   jtpaintball70 

• Stock-Class player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:08 PM

View PostRiddler, on Jun 3 2010, 03:48 PM, said:

Sure thing! In a nutshell, the Autococker was an 'it' gun for a long time, and many people still enjoy shooting them. Like many older markers, it continues to have a niche, and rightfully so. Paintball has a rich history filled with many exceptionally fun markers that are still great to shoot today.

And also one of the best known Brass Eagle guns is an Autococker type. The Rainmaker. Still my favorite electro I own
☻/ This is Muhammad.
/▌ 
/ \ Copy and paste him

#13 User is offline   Der Kartozeichner 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:15 PM

Brass Eagle was ever something more than a Wal-Mart shelf filler? What?

#14 User is offline   jtpaintball70 

• Stock-Class player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:22 PM

They were at one point very good. I've got a Rainmaker and a Cobra and love them both. And I'd kill to get my hands on a Nightmare LB
☻/ This is Muhammad.
/▌ 
/ \ Copy and paste him

#15 User is offline   Riddler 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:43 PM

View Postjtpaintball70, on Jun 3 2010, 06:08 PM, said:

View PostRiddler, on Jun 3 2010, 03:48 PM, said:

And also one of the best known Brass Eagle guns is an Autococker type. The Rainmaker. Still my favorite electro I own

The Rainmaker is not an Autococker; it's an electronic version of the Air Power Vector. Fun guns, the two of them.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users