Special Ops Paintball: Vault Commercial - speak out against it on youtube - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Vault Commercial - speak out against it on youtube

#31 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• Closed bolt. Rock n cock, or rock n roll.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:flyweightnate

Posted 02 December 2007 - 05:08 PM

There's a lot of comedies on television... does this lead to a rise in comedy in the streets?

IN all seriousness, yeah, he should have kept his mask down... but sometimes, you just gotta see Neo do his backflip, even after you're dead. It's a TV ad, it's a misportrayal, but it's a portrayal. Anyone see Scary Movie (insert number?) where they used PGPs as "phaser guns" against the ghost? It shows how infrequently people see our sport. People were staring at me when I hollered out, "it's a PGP2k!".

So while yeah, good call, mask shoulda stayed down, don't let it stress you out.
Feedback.
"Listen to nate hes always right, no joke"- Mighty Mike

#32 User is offline   Sneaky Sir 

• Studyin' my pump-fu
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sneaky Sir

Posted 05 December 2007 - 08:16 PM

I do oppose the playing of the commercial just because it is an unsafe portrayal, but I don't think it's going to influence millions of players around the world to start playing that way. I don't think it'll really affect anyone like that.

And besides think about it, its a VAULT commercial for pete's sake. They are all silly and unrealistic, like the one where he builds a football field in his backyard in one night for his son. I mean come on, it's not possible, neither are any of their other commercials so I don't think it's such a big deal.

#33 User is offline   PNTBLLRDYE 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:PNTBLLRDYE

Posted 05 December 2007 - 08:31 PM

View PostFactor, on Oct 30 2007, 09:37 PM, said:

You Tube Vault Commercial URL

it clearly shows scenes of players lifting their eye protection and no barrel bags

i made this comment

"this is FILTER DODGE because it portrays the sport of paintball in an unsafe way. anyone removing their eye protection around live paintball markers would be ejected from the field"

to which some dude replied

"OMG need to get a life...it's a commercial not a personal assault .....you really took offense to a commercial?...oh im sorry are you retarded? dude sorry i didnt know."

Everyone post on youtube and make a statement about how strongly we feel about the safety and the image of our sport!

i think you need to calm down a little, clearly no one and i mean no one is going to take that seriously, first off all, he whiped a squrill at the guy! wich was funny then hes does a backflip off a rock, come on. thats hilarious, i loled.

#34 Guest_Tessaract_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 05 December 2007 - 08:42 PM

its just a commercial. personaly i liked the vault commercial even if it did have minor negative safety protrayals. just get over it dude

the commercial looked like 80-early 90's style paintball anyways where ppl played with improper eye equipment anyways

#35 User is offline   blackraven64 

• What more do you want?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlackRaven

Posted 05 December 2007 - 08:43 PM

View Postflyweightnate, on Dec 2 2007, 07:08 PM, said:

There's a lot of comedies on television... does this lead to a rise in comedy in the streets?

IN all seriousness, yeah, he should have kept his mask down... but sometimes, you just gotta see Neo do his backflip, even after you're dead. It's a TV ad, it's a misportrayal, but it's a portrayal. Anyone see Scary Movie (insert number?) where they used PGPs as "phaser guns" against the ghost? It shows how infrequently people see our sport. People were staring at me when I hollered out, "it's a PGP2k!".

So while yeah, good call, mask shoulda stayed down, don't let it stress you out.

Yeah I did that too.

This commercial really won't make a large enough impact to get your panties in a bunch.

This post has been edited by blackraven64: 05 December 2007 - 08:43 PM

#36 User is offline   WeltCollector 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:WeltCollector

Posted 05 December 2007 - 09:13 PM

I think you should also protest the commercial that suggests killing hippies. I think people that see that will go out and think it's ok to kill hippies with a laser.
<a href="http://www.pickuppaintball.tk" target="_blank">Pickup Paintball</a>

<a href="http://www.paintballpics.us" target="_blank">Tourney Pics</a>

#37 Guest_Tessaract_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:32 PM

i protest CNN for showing me an idiot shooting up a mall. it might lead others to commiting the same act. i also protest sex on tv or internet in any form. it might lead to me getting laid and ill loose my holy innocence

#38 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:22 PM

Wow. Let this die.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users