• You cannot reply to this topic

JCS F-69 rockets, problems? Don't seem to fit alias launcher

#1 User is offline   FrozenLiquidity 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:FrozenLiquidity

Posted 06 June 2009 - 08:31 PM

I picked up a few of the JCS F-69 rockets to use with our teams' Alias JCS launcher, and my metadyne launcher (once it arrives)

We went to a D-day game today and was surprised to find that the rockets did not fit in the launcher. I prefer the nerfs anyway, but was just astonished that the JCS rockets would not work with the JCS launcher. The girth of the rockets was just such that putting them in the launcher was a chore and half the time it wouldn't clear the barrel because it was just so tight. :(

I just don't get it. These rockets are made by JCS for use with this launcher, and yet they do not fit. We even tried cutting them down to size a bit, as the seams seemed a bit big, but even that didn't seem to help much. I knew that the JCS missiles were less durable, but the ones that we could load got ripped apart after a few shots. My only guess is that the temperature was high enough that the rockets were expanded a bit to the point where they no longer fit, but then again the nerfs worked wonderfully.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? I'll give them another go with the havoc, but I've learned my lesson - I will be sticking to nerfs from now on. They're more durable and available locally. Oh, and they actually fit.

#2 User is offline   Sgt. Melonhawk 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Sgt. Melonhawk

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:17 PM

What is the diameter of a stock F-69 rocket, and the regular Nerf rockets? i have a tennis ball(2.5in) air cannon that i want to adapt to pball. thanks
btw that is fairly stupid that they dont fit but the tighter the fit the more use you will get out of the air, think firearms.

#3 User is offline   FrozenLiquidity 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:FrozenLiquidity

Posted 01 July 2009 - 02:56 PM

View PostSgt. Melonhawk, on Jun 30 2009, 02:17 PM, said:

What is the diameter of a stock F-69 rocket, and the regular Nerf rockets? i have a tennis ball(2.5in) air cannon that i want to adapt to pball. thanks
btw that is fairly stupid that they dont fit but the tighter the fit the more use you will get out of the air, think firearms.

If they go according to spec, they should be just about 2 inches, or a hair under 51mm. Both the metadyne and the alias launcher have inner diameters of 2 inches IIRC.

Yeah, well they were so tight a fit that they'd just get warped on the way out if we stuffed them in there, and they'd take sometimes even 2 shots to just clear the launcher. I mean, the stupid things would literally be ripped to shreds in the process too since they were no where near as durable as the Nerf rockets.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users