Special Ops Paintball: Jock strap, slider shorts, or what? - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Jock strap, slider shorts, or what? opinions needed!

#1 User is offline   Zing 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Zing

Post icon  Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:58 PM

a good friend went paintballing for his second time ever a few months ago. the first couple of minutes were quiet (were play on crown land so it is free and we have thousands of acres all to our selves. so we dont start close.), but soon enough the fire opend up.... for 5 seconds. then the game was paused, it turned out that he was shot in the nads 5 consecutive times at close range.
after about 30 minutes of agonizing but muffled crying, he managed to stand and slowy walk back to my other friends house a short distance away.
he soon went to the washroom and came back asking to go to the hospital because there was blood.

he didn't go paintballing for quite some time after that.

but he did a few weeks later, only to be shot again in the nads. This kid has amazingly bad luck.

he has been paintballing since then, but he hangs back now.

he doesnt want to wear a J-strap because of discomfort :wacko: and is always to broke to buy the more expensive padded sliders.

i also don't thingk he wants to be the only one who wears one, hes a small kid with a big ego, but a friend never-the-less.

he needs help, i'm out of ideas, and he doesnt got internet.

any suggestions, he rarely plays paintball any more, and it would suck to see someone lose intrest in this great sport.

#2 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 19 September 2009 - 11:18 PM

I wear a pair of Under Armour compression shorts, with a gel cup placed in the front pocket. The gel cups are solid in the front, but use gel on the sides, so it doesn't dig into your groin area, and are very comfy. I don't even feel like i am wearing them. Highly recomend them. Compression shorts cost ~$20, and the cup can be had for less then $10 at any athletic store. I wouldn't play without one. I know tons of guys who act all macho about not wearing a cup, but i laugh my butt off in their face when they take one there and are crying. I have been shot in the balls and package more times then i can count. Almost every other time i play i get hit htere...i always wear a cup, i have never had a problem
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#3 User is online   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 19 September 2009 - 11:42 PM

Alot of the new paintball pants have pretty good padding in the crotch & dont require cups/straps. A good baggy pair of pants with a double stitched fly panel usually does the trick.

#4 User is offline   Zing 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 20 September 2009 - 01:01 AM

the problem is that there are very few stores in my tiny little town that sell sports equipment, the cheepest thing is $15 jock straps and the few sliders that the store holds are $30 and they might be thick enough to protect you from a misquito bite, total rip off.
we don't even have a paintball store, the local gun shop sells some stuff, but you gotta wait about a month and they usually get the order wrong. i just got my e-grip to work now because they sold it to me broken, and that was Feb. 12!
my friend wore 3 pairs of jeans out last time paintballing, and it was boiling out! he didn't have too much fun
the stores don't have enough competition to sell anything low price.

and there is now way he will spend what little money he has on something he might no longer be interested in.

dont trouble yourselves too much, i was hoping there was just some sort of other wierd solution that i over looked. :wacko:

#5 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 20 September 2009 - 01:22 AM

towel sticking out over his crotch maybe. I see tons of refs doing that. Wearing a loose towel tucked into their waistband hanging over their junk. Usually works for them
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#6 User is offline   monster22 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:58 AM

yea I have seen a few people doing that too
one guy calls it his crotch curtain seems to work fine
either that or he isnt actually a man :wacko:

#7 User is offline   Zing 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 20 September 2009 - 06:14 PM

perfect! this is the kind of idea i was hoping for!

thanks for the help everyone! :P

#8 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2009 - 07:12 PM

View PostLegato, on Sep 20 2009, 04:22 AM, said:

towel sticking out over his crotch maybe. I see tons of refs doing that. Wearing a loose towel tucked into their waistband hanging over their junk. Usually works for them

QFT... I wear a pair of compression shorts + I do the towel thing everytime. At some point I'll spring for padded shorts because I tend to take a lot of shots to my thighs as well & those hurt too... but at least the "boys" are protected. And, it's basically free :P.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#9 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 20 September 2009 - 07:49 PM

Dunno why....but I've never been hit in the junk. Ever. Playing with lightning I guess. But I wear baggy pants like Stunt. Seems to work fine.

Besides...I have two kids...how many more do I need? :P
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#10 User is offline   Digital Pirate 

• Commonwealth Expeditionary Force
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:DigitalPirate

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:03 PM

Never been hit there, so I'm in the clear. :laugh:

#11 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:29 PM

proto sliders are nice and cheap..and have good groin protection.
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Ka1iBuR 

• The swagger of an EMPEROR!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ka1iBuR

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:25 PM

I've taken a few junk hits, but only when I've been crouched and the fabric was stretched out. That towel thing seems like it would work. I'll try it, to.

#13 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:27 PM

Never hit in the junk. I suppose if I was really concerned, I'd get a set of slider shorts.

I usually wear baggy pants or compression shorts underneath thick pants for cold weather.
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#14 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2009 - 01:55 PM

Buy some Dye Slider shorts, they give groin protection and hip/thigh protection for when you slide.

#15 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2009 - 07:19 PM

UnderArmour Compression Shorts. I don't really think that I will get show that much.

I'm stealthy :o

:dodgy:

This post has been edited by 5N1P3R: 27 September 2009 - 07:19 PM

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users