• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

#1 User is offline   jmac 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Jmac

Posted 06 October 2006 - 01:14 PM

Well I recently got my pair of Vents Avatars and they are absolutely incredible, hands down the best mask I've ever had...

Vision: Well as for the vision, there's an unlimited amount of periphial vision, when I look as far to the right or left as I can I can't see any mask. As most of you know it comes with two lenses, one dark and one clear. I prefer the darker lense, I just think it looks better, but it both lenses are of the same quality. There is NO FOG AT ALL, I ran around, jumped up and down, and breathed directly onto the lense and it was crystal clear.

Lense change: I don't think lense changing could be made any easier than it is on the Avatars, takes probably a total of about ten seconds to get the lense out. All you have to do is rotate the strap where it hooks onto that Vents "V" that you see on the side of the lense inside the mask and the "V" thing pops out, and off comes the lense (you gotta do that on both sides, you probably guessed that but just in case you didnt...). Incredibly easy to do, fool-proof.

Profile: Perfect profile for a mask, it practically contours my jawline all the way up behind my ears and it fits nice and tight to my face. Your chin gets exposed if you open your mouth wide enough to yell so that's the only time your face is left unprotected. Unlike the Profiler, this lense helps reduce the size of the mask. Rather than bulging out like the Profiler, the Avatar lense stays closer than the front nose section, which makes it a much slimmer target than the Profiler.

Construction: The mask is very light, much lighter than almost every other mask I've held. The rubber is thinner, lighter, and more flexible than the rubber Vforce uses. I'll let you know how it bounces when I get hit in the face, but that hasn't happened yet so sorry I can't comment on that aspect.

Comfort: The foam is really comfortable, not too soft to soak up sweat like sponge, but not like sandpaper, it's perfect. As I said before it's very light, practically like you're not even wearing a mask. The mask doesn't touch your face anywhere other than where it's supposed to. The mask also feels like it was made for you, it feels very secure and you don't have the feeling that it may fall off in the middle of a game.

Protection: The protection this mask gives you is great, it doesn't cover to little of your face and leave your chin jaw exposed, but it doesn't go down to your shoulders. Like I said, it pretty much contours your face and that's it, don't expect any protection on your throat or neck because this mask will let you down if that's something you want from it. And again, I haven't been hit in the face yet so I can't tell you what that's like with this mask, but the mask goes right up close to your ears, not touching them but close, so it'll probably sting a bit if you get hit.

Overall it's a great mask, 11 out of 10 if you ask me. I'd give it an extra point because of the little extras it comes with: an extra lense, a brow protector and a visor, a microfiber bag for the lense you don't use, and not too mention the nifty case the mask comes in :D . If you get the chance, this is a definite buy, great mask and well worth the money. Hope this cleared up some questions some of you may have had, if I didn't, please ask and I'll be happy to answer...
user posted image

#2 User is offline   Pzippy 

• Future Pope
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Pzippy

Posted 29 October 2006 - 04:56 PM

How's the ventilation on it?
AO Search HEMOG

I WANT YOUR XBOX 360!

#3 User is offline   jmac 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 October 2006 - 05:02 PM

Great, the mouth section has tons of tiny little holes and you never breath in the air you just exhaled. If you put your hand in front of the mask you can feel the wind from your breath when you exhale...
user posted image

#4 User is offline   BarreLpluG12 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:jiles272

Posted 05 November 2006 - 09:26 AM

I love the way those masks look, and now I know they work good as well! I found my next investment... :D

#5 User is offline   hacker460 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:hacker460

Posted 22 November 2006 - 08:04 PM

planning on getting one.
IPB Image
Feet first into hell...when I get there i'll be sure to tell you how it is...yeehaw!!!

#6 User is offline   KGB 

• Chicken go cluck cluck cow go moo...
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:bake

Posted 29 November 2006 - 02:10 PM

Suprising your single lense was at the same quality as the thermal. My single lense is crap. It really only works on dry hot days.

#7 User is offline   jmac 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2006 - 06:21 PM

View PostKGB, on Nov 29 2006, 02:10 PM, said:

Suprising your single lense was at the same quality as the thermal. My single lense is crap. It really only works on dry hot days.

As far as I knew they were both thermal. oh well, if they are different I can't tell the difference in performance or quality...
user posted image

#8 User is offline   jmac 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2006 - 06:23 PM

oops, double post...

This post has been edited by jmac: 01 December 2006 - 08:06 PM

user posted image

#9 User is offline   Alan 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2006 - 02:52 PM

My clear isnt thermal, and it's not too bad. I never fog, regardless of the lens. I plan on gettign a mirrored lens soon.
<!--coloro:#8B0000--><span style="color:#8B0000"><!--/coloro-->Ion - Trinity Rasta Body - Dye Airport in/off and Rail - AKA 2-Liter - Hybrid B!itch Grips - Tadao Raider Board - TechT L6 bolt - Empire Revolver Kit - Hybrid Headloc Feedneck - CP Roller Trigger
<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->2004 AKA Viking - Delrin Bolt Pin - Fbm Sling trigger - Eyes - CCM Feedneck - Tadao Board- Sonic ASA/Hybrid Rail<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
<!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->Spyder Imagine Select [Homemade Low Pressure] - Drilled ASA - Drilled Valve - Polished Internals - Lightened+Polished Bolt - Lightened+Polished Striker - CCM Feedneck - SP on/off + S.rail - SP AA Barrel - Halfbacked<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
<!--coloro:#2F4F4F--><span style="color:#2F4F4F"><!--/coloro-->Polished Pre2k PGP - SP Wood Grips<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

#10 User is offline   MillardFlemming 

• Odi et Amo.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:MILLARD FLEMMING

Posted 07 February 2007 - 03:15 PM

I'm saving up for one right now. I want to get either the reverse green or the normal green, leaning more towards normal
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free -John 8:32
Smart Parts Special Forces Member

I take roughly 100 shots per kill, and I like it.

#11 User is offline   Delta 047 

• Hurry up and wait.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Demosthenes

Posted 02 April 2007 - 07:57 PM

whats the difference between these and the e-vents? probably a noobish question, but oh well, im focused on our track meet tomorrow.
One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish.

#12 User is offline   duke of demolition 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Duke of Demolition

Posted 25 May 2007 - 07:41 PM

The mask comes with two lenses a thermal lens and an anti-fog lens. A thermal lens is double pained with a pocket off air in between the two parts of the lens, same idea as those windows that are meant for insulation in the winter. A anti-fog lens has been treated with a anti-fog solution on the inside of the lens. The thermal one works better because the anti-fog can and ussually does wear off over time and wear. The difference between the Vents Avatar and the Empire E-Vents are that the E-Vents have soft ears and the Avatars don't. Also I think that the shape of the mask because of the ears is slightly different compared to the Avatar. There is also a 10-15 dollar price tag on the E-Vents.

99% OF PEOPLE IN THIS GREAT GAME PLAY EITHER WOODSBALL OR SPEEDBALL IF YOU ARE PART OF THE 1% THAT PLAY PAINTBALL, PUT THIS IN YOUR SIG.

#13 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 25 May 2007 - 11:23 PM

Is there any echo
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#14 User is offline   CdnNinja 

• The enemy cannot push a button, if you disable his hand.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2007 - 05:08 PM

I really want one, my local store said they'd order one for me but everytime I call I just get the "were expecting them this week" excuse. I needs my precious.
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   thurston 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 10 June 2007 - 04:31 PM

Hello all. I'm new here and to paintball in general.

I bought an Avatar on friday night, and proceeded to play for about 5 hours in the woods on saturday morning. All I can say is this is one nice mask. I had been using a borrowed Tippman mask, and was tired of not being able to see through the beat up lens.
I didn't notice a lot of echo, my hearing didn't seem to be too affected, and I did take a pretty close shot to the ear area which the mask absorbed with no real pain to me.

It's very comfortable, range of vision is nice, and the smoked lens is great here when the sun can be your mortal enemy.

I only have two complaints and they are both minor and related to the visor. First the visor is a royal pain to install. If there is a trick I am missing, please let me know. I only have the two outside supports and the ear spots hooked in. I know 4 other people with various Vents masks and they all have the same problem. Secondly, with the visor installed, you can't use the original packaging for storage. I thought the big plastic box would be a good way to store the mask without worrying about scratches, or it getting crushed under other gear in the car, but it doesn't work that way due to the trouble installing the visor.

This post has been edited by thurston: 10 June 2007 - 04:35 PM

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users