• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

heheh my blazer again had some trouble today Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Black Powder 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 May 2008 - 09:15 PM

Alright remember the blazer i bought on ebay lately ? (http://cgi.ebay.com/...m=290223269964) I shot it today for the first time.... huuum... I dunno... to be honest it wasnt as great as i expected it to be. But first things first: I aired it up with CO2, I looked at the stab with gauge, the first thing I noticed oh crap way to high (it looked like 200 psi over the 600 (highest)) so I started turing it down, I got it to a little under 600, but didnt wanna turn it down more cause I didnt no how far you can go. So I shot a couple times, but it was quite bad, I had lots of emty shots and chops. Then I cleaned the barrel and everything, and tried again. When I fired really slow, the shots were good, but as soon as I started shooting faster, empty shots and chops. I was using a vl200 gravity fed hopper. I assume the chops and empty shots are because the hopper isnt feeding fast enough? Now... the problem is, I am not really experienced with blazers, so its also possible that its like that cause the gun isnt properly tuned or so, but if thats the case, I dont think I will be able to tune it and where I live (Fairbanks AK) most of the people use tippys, so I dont know anybody who could do it for me...
Now, there are 2 possibilities: First, I could just send it to Palmers and get it all cleaned, tested and tuned... but I dont know how expensive its gonna be and especially how long its gonna take, I have only 5,5 weeks left here and I wanna play as much as possible.
Second, I could just go and buy like and empire realoader b or so, if its true that all the trouble is because of the crappy hopper. But then I dont know, will the empire reloader fit my gun (its left feed) or do I need some kinda part to fit it together?
Yeah, thats pretty much it... What do you guys think? Whats the best solution?
Uh... I just noticed: even after I took the tank off, it still shows 200 PSI?!? I hope I dint break the gauge?

Well sry if the questions are kinda noob... i just dont really know what to do and wanna play with that nice gun as soon as possible...

Black

P.S.: Even though I didnt really play with it today, Is there something especially important I should clean/oil (except the barrel of course).

#2 User is offline   toxic t0ast 

• If I cant dance, I dont want to be apart of your revolution.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:french t0ast

Posted 17 May 2008 - 09:49 PM

Just call palmers and ask. im sure they could give you a time frame on how long it would take.
<div align="center"><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Representing the Hate five oh! (850-Ska-core)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.myspace.com/thespanx" target="_blank">The Spanx (Our folk/indie band)</a></div>
<div align="center"></div>

#3 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:00 PM

Start with a full tank. That is a post 2k blazer, so it runs about 450-500 psi. Set the reg to 450 psi and go from there. When you go to air up the marker, always hold the trigger back when you screw the tank in. It will cocker the marker immediately and ready it to play. Now, are you doing full trigger pulls?

A Blazer is built on Palmer's auto cocking design. It is a two stage trigger pull. The first half of the trigger pull fires the marker. The second half recocks the marker, sending the bolt and hammer back to open the breach and cock the marker. When you let go of the trigger, you must let go all the way, that will let the bolt slide forward and chamber the ball. You CANNOT do a half pull then let go, or a full pull, half a release, then pull again. You will short stroke the marker. The trigger is the key to the timing in the marker. Full pull of the trigger, full release. It sounds hard, but after five games with it you will be hammering out rounds fine.

Now to set the lpr so you don't chop. Turn the LPR screw out all the way so the marker doesn't recock anymore. Now slowly, turn the screw in while firing til it recocks reliably. Like every trigger pull. Then do 1/4 to 1/2 turn more, no more than that. Then the blazer will just double feed and pinch paint. I have yet to chop in my blazer, i always just double feed when i short stroke.

I have had a blazer for a few years now, it is my baby and favorite marker. If you need any help, PM me and we can work through this. Blazers are great. And i am sorry you are having trouble with it. Sending it to PPS cures all, but yeah, it will be gone a week at least, and cost $80-100 for a tune up.

This post has been edited by Legato: 17 May 2008 - 10:00 PM

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#4 User is offline   Black Powder 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:43 PM

Ok first of all, how do u set the reg to 450 psi? Its the screw ont he bottom of the stab right? Can I just srew it in/out until the gauge is on 450 psi? Then... yap I didnt do full trigger pulls... where is the lpr srew? Is that the one on the right or in the back?

Alright, Ill try that tomorrow. So u guys think the hopper is fine, I dont need a faster one?

#5 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:58 PM

You set the reg by adjusting the screw on the bottom of the stabilizer. It is facing the ground when holding the marker. Clockwise to raise pressurre, counter-clockwise to lower. Fire 4-5 shots between adjustments before chronoing, as the reg takes a few shots to set. If you lower the pressure, you need to fire anyways to drop the gauge's reading.

The LPR screw is on the right side of the marker when holding it. It is facing the front of the marker. Once again, clockwise to raise, counter to lower. Just set it til it recocks reliably, then only 1/4 to 1/2 turn more. That's all you need.

i have used a grav loader on my blazer multiple times. My friend gave me crap about using a $5 hopper on a $1200 Blazer. It was fine as long as you are doing a 3 shot burst, and no more. But if you intend on doing streams, yes get a decent loader. I use an empire reloader on mine now. Works grand.

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#6 User is offline   Black Powder 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:56 AM

Ok, so I just air up with a full tank, couple shots, adjust, etc, until i get 450 psi. If I do that and the lpr adjustment, I can eliminate the chopping and jamming, and if I also take a faster reloader, I am gonna be able to shoot long streams without empty shots? But what about hte pinching and double feeding? I had that , stuff too... Ok... just one more thing: my stabilizer is still on ca. 200 psi, without air?

#7 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:38 AM

The marker still retains pressure after the tank is removed. You need to fire a couple of times to relieve the pressure.

#8 User is offline   Not_You 

• Lather, Rinse, Repeat as Desired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:98customizer

Posted 18 May 2008 - 06:14 AM

Doc's Machine may be able to do it, he's located just outside of anchorage

linky

just drop him a line
Group: Banned #2
Pirate - "Seriously, I hope you hit this kid over the head with something very, very heavy. Like a truck."

#9 User is offline   Black Powder 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:11 AM

Ok... docs machine sounds good, but uh he doesnt have a telephone or even an address? Were gonna drive down to Anchorage tuesday, can I just visit his store? Does anyone have the address?

edit: whats a good clean for a blazer after 1 day playing?

This post has been edited by Black Powder: 20 May 2008 - 12:23 AM

#10 User is offline   Black Powder 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:20 AM

ok B - U - M - P and: yeah, I did a couple empty shots, but the gauge doesnt change at all? Does the pressure stay in the stab? Omg... I just screwed out the stab, Im holding it in my hand and it still says 250 PSI?!?

This post has been edited by Black Powder: 20 May 2008 - 03:51 AM

#11 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:37 AM

View PostBlack Powder, on May 19 2008, 03:11 AM, said:

Ok... docs machine sounds good, but uh he doesnt have a telephone or even an address? Were gonna drive down to Anchorage tuesday, can I just visit his store? Does anyone have the address?

edit: whats a good clean for a blazer after 1 day playing?

no idea on an address for Docs. Email him.

As to cleaning. PPS recomends taking it in the shower with you to save water, or rinse it off in the sink. Then dryfire it a couple hundred times to get all the water out. Take off the grip and dry the insides where the bell crank is with a hair dryer on LOW or a fan. Then add 3 drops of oil to the ASA and dryfire it through. A drop of oil on each delrin ring on the bolt and you are done.

View PostBlack Powder, on May 20 2008, 06:20 AM, said:

ok B - U - M - P and: yeah, I did a couple empty shots, but the gauge doesnt change at all? Does the pressure stay in the stab?

If you have no tank on it and you have fired out all the air, then yeah, your gauge is toast. You can get a new one for like $5-10 from any shop. Normally my blazer holds a few shots past the stab after i release the tank, a few firings though and it is empty.

#12 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:54 AM

Blazer Manual That should help a bit.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic