• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

what gun to get Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   loop 

• Alexander the great
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:40 PM

I'm having a hard time deciding if I should get a invert mini, proto slg, or a BT TM-7.

Thank you for your post

.:It will only sting for a little bit:.

#2 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:53 PM

out of those three i'd suggest the mini over both, then the TM-7, then the proto.

Mini's are solid markers.

but in the end, get what you want. that's why we play paintball.

#3 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:59 PM

Go with the mini. Out of that and the tm7, the mini is more functional as a tm7 is a dressed up mini
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#4 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:37 PM

Not going to choose between a mini and a TM7. They're essentially the same gun, just one has a milsim shell. I have a sneaking suspicion that "TM" on all the tm series guns stands for "tactical mini".

Avoid SLGs. I work at a field, and almost every single person i have seen come in with one of those has issues sometime during the day. I had someone come in recently who had just got his gun back from dye, sear replaced, bolt replaced, and that day, his gun was having issues that seemed to only possibly be either his sear or his bolt.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#5 User is offline   Chill_balla 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:59 PM

Mini is the best choice, unless you're into the look of the TM-7, since that's pretty much the only difference between that and the mini. As people have said, SLG is the least solid choice of the three.
Posted Image

Proud owner of a VSC phantom and an Invert Mini

#6 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• I am Become Death, Squeegier of Worlds.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BattleSpam

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:27 AM

Mini, or it's most current version called the Axe. Mini's are great guns, and I've also heard bad things about the SLG. If you are buying one new, just remember that there will be some velocity spikes and such until you break in the regulator, which depending on how much paint you intend to shoot will only take a couple outings to do
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
Allied Superior Meritorious Service Medal recipient: D-Day 2008
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#7 User is offline   Private Silver 

• Das poomp
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Private Silver

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:46 AM

Huh, honestly don't see the bad part of an SLG, I've had mine since they first released (07-08 composite model). Only "problem" I've run into is the stock bolt bumper gets ripped to shreds, and there is a distinct lack of specific parts on the market without buying a parts kit.

I think in the 4 years I've had it, its only gone down on me....once? (No, don't even comment on that....Posted Image)

BUT, it's a low-end electro, which is why I'm selling mine to a friend with a tank, and using the money to fund towards an etek3.

Edit: Whoops, never even answered his question....Posted Image

Even though mine has not had problems, I would still agree with some of the previous statements, to go with the regular mini or TM, just depends on whether you want it milsim or not.

This post has been edited by Private Silver: 29 July 2011 - 11:48 AM

Posted Image
SO Feedback +2/ E-bay feedback +14

#8 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• PipPip

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:18 PM

True, but overall if you look at most others people's experiences with the SLG, the majority seem to be negative. I've shot one once, and the only problem I had with it was I didn't like the plastic trigger frame. I think that's been changed since (I was messing with a 1st edition SLG), and I think you can buy it with the ultralight trigger frame, which is a dead sexy frame. But the Mini is rock solid, all metal construction which won't break if you are a little rough on your equipment like I am.... Hence why I LOVE my Ego, and Eteks to the same extent. But he seems to be wanting a spoolie, not a poppit, so I stick with my answer of the MINI
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#9 User is offline   chinstrap 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kl0wn

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:15 AM

View PostEagle Eye, on 29 July 2011 - 04:18 PM, said:

But he seems to be wanting a spoolie, not a poppit, so I stick with my answer of the MINI

Aren't the Mini and Axe inline poppits?
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:15 AM

@Chinstrap - yes. Good point... but from a shooters standpoint they feel about the same as a spool from what I remember, IMHO.

A Mini would be a solid choice over the SLG. I'd take a mini over a TM7 as well, less bulk to worry about having problems w/, but if you like milsim then a TM7 should be fine. Eagle Eye brought up the Axe which is a nice upgrade over the Mini.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#11 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• PipPip

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:38 AM

@Chinstrap: Actually, I didn't know about inline poppits. Like what Ger said, I shot it and it felt like a spoolie rather than a stacked poppit, eg my Ego. Hmm, time for some research! Quick! To the Laboratory!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Riddler 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:41 AM

^ http://www.zdspb.com...animations.html is probably a good place for you to start.

#13 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:49 PM

Definitely take the axe (the updated/newer mini). For the price, it blows ANYTHING near it out of the water.

#14 User is offline   Benaiah 

• If you dont get it, youre Sofa Kingdom
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Benaiah2320

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:05 PM

The axe is great, but its also $200 more expensive than any of the other markers. Out of the three you chose, i would definitely avoid the SLG and Choose the min platform. Out of the TM7 and the Mini, the mini would be the most versatile. You can play in the woods with it just as well as the TM7, but playing speedball with a TM7 would be more difficult (It has a side feed i believe). Personally, I would do some more research into wether you would like poppets or spools, and then try to go used.

Spool - The matrixes are your best bet. Proto 5($150-200 / 6($220-270) / 7($300-400) , or Dye 5/6/7 (Add about $70-80 for each)

Poppet - Ego 5($150-250) / 6($300-350), Etek 1/2 are both hanging around $200-300, Bob Long Intimidator (varies, im not very familiar with them, but many are around $300.

On another note, do you have a hopper, mask or tank? If you dont, make sure you do not skimp on this part. You can have the best gun ever but if you cant see, cant carry enough air, and cant feed it fast enough, theres no point in having it. You should find a recent, even used Spyder Electra for cheap. Then get a nice loader (Halo, or if youre really into it, a Prophecy or Pinokio), a good 68/45 or 50/45 carbon fiber tank, and the best, most comfortable mask you can find (Events, Dye I4, Proflex, Sly profits, all around the $80-100 range, but all well worth it). Then, when youve done your research and waited for just the right deal on a marker, you'll be ready to dump the spyder and have the right equipment to go with your new beauty.
2 Samuel 22

#15 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• PipPip

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:56 AM

True, we all assumed his price range was for just the gun, but I agree with Benaiah, especially about the mask part. I'll play with a rental gun if I have too, but it's pretty much not worth it to play with a rental mask. Spend the $100 or so to get a GOOD mask. Or look at older designs, I still run a Profiler (somewhere in the $60-70 nowadays, used to be closer to $90 when they came out) with no problems. In fact, I prefer the fit of the Profiler over the E-vents, I4, ect. Having a fogged mask sucks, having a mask that doesn't fit right is worse.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users