• You cannot reply to this topic

e grip sticking Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   GUN SLINGER 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:GUN SLINGER

Posted 24 November 2007 - 04:41 PM

ok i really need help fast i got a scenario friday. this issue has been goin on for a while now but now it jsut got worse.
ok i have a tippmann a5 with an was board egrip on it.im using compressed air/HPA tank. now the full auto isnt supposed to go off till i pull the trigger 3 times and then only if i hold the trigger down. now sometimes on the 1st pull or on the 3rd pull the grip freezes up/ goes full auto with out the trigger being pulled down. i have 2 stop the action with my hand to stop the gun from firing.

any sugestions on whats goin on with it?
Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without u would still have good men doing good things and evil men doing evil things. But for good men to do evil things... That takes Religion

#2 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 24 November 2007 - 04:46 PM

Did you check the sear?
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#3 User is offline   GUN SLINGER 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2007 - 04:54 PM

View PostKnightwolf16, on Nov 24 2007, 04:46 PM, said:

Did you check the sear?

sear?
Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without u would still have good men doing good things and evil men doing evil things. But for good men to do evil things... That takes Religion

#4 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 24 November 2007 - 06:01 PM

The two times I have seen this was caused by:

The metal tab of the switch was bent and sticking.

The casing screws were loose and the rear bolt had just enough room to jump off the sear.

This post has been edited by slinkyaroo: 24 November 2007 - 06:17 PM

#5 User is offline   commander mike 

• the door is locked now but its open if your true - Metallica
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:commander mike

Posted 24 November 2007 - 06:05 PM

View PostGUN SLINGER, on Nov 24 2007, 06:54 PM, said:

View PostKnightwolf16, on Nov 24 2007, 04:46 PM, said:

Did you check the sear?

sear?

The sear is the thing that goes up and down and catches on the bolt when the gun is cocked.
Posted Image
Friends dont let friends shoot .50 cal... - The Stuntman

#6 User is offline   GUN SLINGER 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 November 2007 - 03:07 PM

ok thx ill chect these

#7 User is offline   GUN SLINGER 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 November 2007 - 03:39 PM

ok i checket it out umm still no idea what the sear is but the black wire is almost broken off and it looks like the metal connection thing an the trigger is bent up

#8 User is offline   Sp.Ed 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 November 2007 - 03:45 PM

Your problem may be mechanical bounce and is very common with A5 E-Grips due to the nature of the way the switch is triggered and the relatively loose trigger mech. It is caused by the movement of the trigger mechanism on the micro switch while the marker is cycling causing the board to read multiple trigger pulls. There are a few ways to resolve the problem......

1) Adjust the Debounce setting on the board to a higher setting. This makes the board wait longer before looking for subsequent trigger pulls to register. See the manual for instructions for your specific model of WAS or try HERE.

2) Install a heavier trigger spring I beleive its the blue one in the tippmann spare parts kit? Correct me guys if I am wrong. Or you can stretch out the one you have

3) The metal actuator on the Micro switch may need to be adjusted. Please see HERE for instructions. (Thanks again Maj. Tom).

4) Sometimes shimming the side of the trigger mech with a small sheet of paper or scotch tape will help keep it from moving around so much inside the gun. In this case less may be better because to much will cause pressure on the side of the trigger and cause it to stick.

5) Some people agree that upgrading to the JCS double trigger or APE pro trigger helps eliminate bounce but I have seen the exact opposite in my experiences.

6) If all else fails call Tippmann, you may have to be out of an E-Grip for a week or so but they will repair or replace free of charge in MOST cases.

Also something to consider as was my case. The Tippmann may not be the right marker for you. If you demand reliable high rates of fire it may be time to upgrade.

Good Luck
-ED

P.S. The Sear can be found in this schematic

This post has been edited by Sped-SR: 25 November 2007 - 04:01 PM

The opinions and statements expressed on this site are mine alone and are not sanctioned or approved by my Employer. I also assume all legal liability for those statements.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users