• You cannot reply to this topic

Questions on the Scout Vest

#1 User is offline   Villid 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Villid

Posted 25 December 2009 - 09:38 PM

Just got my scout vest today and have a question. What are all the extra straps and clips for? im guessing the long one are an integrated gun sling, which is great. but im noticing pastic loops on the front shoulders, and clips on the back of hte shoulders. what is supposed to go there? or are tehy just htere to allow you customize the vest a little more? theres also some adjustabel straps at the bottom on the very front, and dont really see anything they would adjust, so im not sure about those either.

any help woiuld be greatly appreciated

#2 User is offline   sousey 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:HELL-FIRE

Posted 25 December 2009 - 10:19 PM

"integrated sling mounts and belt keepers" are what i think you are talking about.

#3 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 25 December 2009 - 10:39 PM

The ones on your back shoulder are the integrated sling mounts. The ones on the bottom of the vest, very bottom, all around, are belt keepers. Run a web belt through them to hold the vest down tight.

Posted Image

Can see the slings here and belt keepers. The strap on the left in the middle of the ribs is a mask hanger. Great for being at staging and too lazy to hold mask.

can see the tops of the integrated slings here at the shoulder level
Posted Image

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#4 User is offline   Villid 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Villid

Posted 26 December 2009 - 10:08 AM

hmm i thougth the ones on the front were the intregrated sling.

if i pick up the sling, im guessing i wont need to mounts, just the sling itself?

well i wont need the belt keepers, as the scout has a belt on the inside of it already. i may use those if i decide to leg mount anything

#5 User is offline   dayman 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:20 AM

I just got my Scout vest and the only straps that still have stumped are the ones on the front. There are straps just below the map/id pouch on the right and left side,fully exteneded they almost reach my knees. What are those for?
They are adjustable and have clips on them,right now they're just in my way. Any info would be much appreciated.
Collin

#6 Guest_MOATI_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 January 2010 - 10:26 AM

View Postdayman, on Jan 3 2010, 08:20 AM, said:

I just got my Scout vest and the only straps that still have stumped are the ones on the front. There are straps just below the map/id pouch on the right and left side,fully exteneded they almost reach my knees. What are those for?
They are adjustable and have clips on them,right now they're just in my way. Any info would be much appreciated.
Collin

They can be used for anything you can imagine but their intended purpose is marker and mask hangers in between games.

#7 User is offline   dayman 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:18 AM

Thanks Motai,
That makes sense,just didn't want to be entirely missing the point of one of the vest's features.The vest is great,really like the swat(pullover) style. Can't wait for spring so I can finally get back out on the field with it!
Collin

#8 User is offline   Niceguy74 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:03 AM

wait until spring?

dont let the cold stop ya!!!

#9 User is offline   Gauss 

• God. Guns. Guts.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 January 2010 - 04:16 PM

The cold isnt very bad dude.
OFFICIAL BROADSWORD RECOGNITION NUMBER: 112
OFFICIAL SABRE RECOGNITION NUMBER: 530
God. Guns. Guts.

#10 User is offline   dayman 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 January 2010 - 04:28 PM

I agree, I work outside(when there's work to be had). It's not the cold but the economy that keeps me in,played several winter games last season. Sooo...if you'd like to foot my bill I'll be on the field this weekend :wub: . Got the vest for $29!! First scheduled outing is in March. "what was the last thing you did before you got laid off?" "bought a vest and went paintballing" yeah doesn't sound right

Stupid responsibilities...hopefully things turn around soon and I can get more playing time this year

#11 User is offline   MikeT 

• "Hay-Zeus" #14
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Jesus14

Posted 23 January 2010 - 08:36 PM

I just got mine, and both of the side clips were broken in the box...anyone else have any issues?
Boston Reapers / Boston Creapers
Combat Ego10
RAZA'd DM9
My Feedback

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users