• You cannot reply to this topic

3 man elements Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   kingcheese 

• your face
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:cheesepoof

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:30 PM

i'm on a fairly new team where me and one other guy are the comanders, we have wondered about using small three man groups, us being one of the three, and take our best positions during a game, all we have is six people but absolutly need two groups to help us get to the area, talkin about surrondings, we fight best in

if you had two guys beside you who would they be

my gunn is a stock 98 custom with 14in razor barrel and response trigger, and slower electric hopper
offical saber #137
if we cant do it, then it doesnt need to be done

#2 User is offline   Frontier_Bill 

• Every day is a Saturday!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Frontier Bill

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:32 PM

Joe and Phil.

Seriously though, anyone that is a solid player and exercises good communication and teamwork skills.

Team Rogue Cell #10 Founder and Alpha squad leader.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.

#3 User is offline   Darkwind 

• "Onward to Victory"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Darkwind

Posted 07 August 2008 - 07:13 PM

I usually prefer breaking off into groups of three or less. I always find myself in the front, so that's where I lead from. The other two people I'd like to have are someone that pushes the front as hard as I (and I have that), and someone that can provide covering/suppressive fire to give us added motive for the push.

If you have an element like this, and at least one more fireteam like this at your disposal, all you need is teamwork and communication. Keep in constant contact with your team. Ask how they are, keep them motivated, give them the balls they sometimes need.

-Darkwind

#4 User is offline   Batman 

• Batman
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Batman420

Posted 07 August 2008 - 07:33 PM

View PostDarkwind, on Aug 7 2008, 07:13 PM, said:

I usually prefer breaking off into groups of three or less. I always find myself in the front, so that's where I lead from. The other two people I'd like to have are someone that pushes the front as hard as I (and I have that), and someone that can provide covering/suppressive fire to give us added motive for the push.

If you have an element like this, and at least one more fireteam like this at your disposal, all you need is teamwork and communication. Keep in constant contact with your team. Ask how they are, keep them motivated, give them the balls they sometimes need.

-Darkwind

Well put!
I am a fan of the 3 man fire team for all the reasons Darkwind stated and more.
When in a 3 man element of a larger force you can push harder in almost any tactical situation, given that one or two of you can be laying down cover fire at any given time. Tactical reloads are a lot less hairy when you can depend on the guys to your left and right to c.y.a. Using fire and maneuver tactics 3 men can take and hold positions a lot faster than a larger squad. Its a whole lot easier for you to find two buddies that are absolutely reliable, etc...
Saepe Exertus,Semper Fidelis,Frater Infinitas

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users