• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

FAMAS on tippmann french powa on 98

#46 User is offline   mrfranswa 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 June 2008 - 11:52 AM

Well, with the way it's designed right now, the clips only feature a 10 round magazine, (I am having problems with the 18 round U shaped magazines feeding correctly and consistantly), which is a tube. When I originally designed the marker, I thought about using a Tiberius sort of setup, where a 12 gram quick release was inside of the clip. All of which could easily be accomplished with two L connectors and a release system. Since I have yet to actually USE the clips, (too much work for something that isn't practical), and prefer to use a tank, I have stuck with the hopper attachment.

This bull-pup modification uses push sticks, because I never play at a field which would allow fully automatic fire. As long as you have a 98 which you are willing to hack to holy hell, you can make your very own. I chose a very simple approach, where the rods are located on the outside of the rifle and are covered with a simple metal shroud, (I will show you when I write my report). I did this because it would be the easiest to duplicate, and easiest to take apart. The only downside is you have two tubes on the side of the gun which nobody ever sees. If you are sincere with your unwillingness to cut apart your 98, you can always make some minor alterations to the airsoft frame.

If the marker preforms as well as it should, I may just sell it. I really like it, but I want to keep the t68 paintball pistol.

#47 User is offline   Maverick_07 

• Go on....make my lunch...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:haon_07

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:26 AM

http://www.rap4.com/...game-a-348.html

Here's the REAL deal...love this company...
My signature is......................SIGNATURE!

#48 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• I am Become Death, Squeegier of Worlds.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BattleSpam

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:16 PM

check with Eric Engler (http://www.englerpaintballguns.com/) He uses real gun parts for his mods, which makes them much more durable than a plastic airsoft shell, but it'll will cost a lot more. To my knowledge he hasn't made a FAMAS yet, but he does like the challenge and might make a one-off for a special order.
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
Allied Superior Meritorious Service Medal recipient: D-Day 2008
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#49 User is offline   Maverick_07 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:49 AM

View PostEagle Eye, on 22 April 2011 - 03:16 PM, said:

check with Eric Engler (http://www.englerpaintballguns.com/) He uses real gun parts for his mods, which makes them much more durable than a plastic airsoft shell, but it'll will cost a lot more. To my knowledge he hasn't made a FAMAS yet, but he does like the challenge and might make a one-off for a special order.

yeah a special order for like 10,00 dollars...lol

#50 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• PipPip

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:26 AM

Individual guns will cost around the price of upper end tourney guns (read: $1500). the AK's run like $900, where as the the m249 SAW (which is newer) runs like $1900. I figured the price for a production FAMAS (if he is persuaded to make one) would run somewhere in that range. I know he did a few HALO battle rifles way back when, and they werent horribly expensive
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#51 User is offline   Maverick_07 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:49 AM

View PostEagle Eye, on 28 April 2011 - 06:26 AM, said:

Individual guns will cost around the price of upper end tourney guns (read: $1500). the AK's run like $900, where as the the m249 SAW (which is newer) runs like $1900. I figured the price for a production FAMAS (if he is persuaded to make one) would run somewhere in that range. I know he did a few HALO battle rifles way back when, and they werent horribly expensive

I did some research on the FAMAS one time, and idk if I'm remembering correctly or not, but in order for an American consumer to obtain one, it ranges in the tens of thousands I heard because they are still relatively new. This is the actual rifle itself, not a mod to make a marker look like one.

#52 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:38 AM

Lol. What are you two going on about? This thread was started 3 years ago, the op hasn't been on the forums in over 2 years. Knock yourselves out guys, I'm not complaining... just enjoying the show :D.

And Mav, EE is definitely not talking about an actual famas rifle so I don't know where you're going w/ this.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#53 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• PipPip

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:34 AM

no man, the french have been using the FAMAS as their main battle rifle for years. the original FAMAS was first produced in 1975.

Ger: Man, i'm horrible at reading the post dates. But hey, it's kick-starting a convo so no worries
Posted Image
Posted Image

#54 User is offline   Lt.Col.Vortex 

• Death itself
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:00 AM

HI Ger, finally caught you on forum :)

I like the design of the FAMAS, but as a firearm, its a no-go for me. I'd rather shoot something bigger than a .22 at my enemies( hence the reason the French use it)................sorry about that guys

#55 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:02 PM

View PostEagle Eye, on 01 May 2011 - 01:34 PM, said:

Ger: Man, i'm horrible at reading the post dates. But hey, it's kick-starting a convo so no worries
Hey man like I said, no complaining... It's all good.

View PostJack the Ripper, on 01 May 2011 - 02:00 PM, said:

:huh: Not sure what that means. I'm here all the time, way more than I should be, haha.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#56 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• PipPip

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:48 PM

View PostJack the Ripper, on 01 May 2011 - 11:00 AM, said:

I like the design of the FAMAS, but as a firearm, its a no-go for me. I'd rather shoot something bigger than a .22 at my enemies( hence the reason the French use it)................sorry about that guys

Almost all NATO countries shoot the 5.56 (.223 Rem). The Brits, the French, the Aussies, and most important the USA all use the 5.56 cartridge. I'm just not a huge fan of bullpup designs. I love how compact they are, just not used to where the magazine is placed.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users