• You cannot reply to this topic

Short barrel reccomendations Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Guy In Digi Camo 

• The Forum Authority On Alaska- pm me if you have any ?'s
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Guy In Digi Camo

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:41 PM

Ive seen a few like the c seires stiffi and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these and what their thoughts on them are

can be any brand
Going to be in Alaska check out my up to date post where you can get your questions answeredAlaska

#2 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:52 PM

I have a 12" C-series, I like it a lot. It's much nicer than the first-gen Stiffi I owned for my A5. It's swabbable, pretty quiet, and is hella lightweight.

However, think about your resources at hand. Get a pipe cutter and trim the stock barrel on whatever you're using. 3" is a good size.
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#3 User is offline   Violator 

• The Pirate King / Grammar Cop
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Violator

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:56 PM

How short do you want to go? Some players consider anything 8" or under to be short. Sparta has a good idea if you have a stock or cheap barrel lying around, but when you get to the 6" and under barrels, they will all perform about the same. They'll be slightly less accurate and LOUD.

I've got a 4" Stiffi -now there's a sentence that might get me warned! :wub: I don't use it all that often, mainly for indoor or CQ situations, but it shoots pretty accurately and is easy to maneuver with and clean. I generally prefer to use a 12-14" barrel or my Flatline, depending on the marker I'm using and game/style I'm playing.
This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!

#4 User is offline   HOTCH 

• ^i make my own avatars^
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Hotch

Posted 01 March 2009 - 03:28 PM

when i use my mini, i always just play with a 2 piece barrel but i take the front off. its loud as hell, a little less range, but it gets the job done at close range. if you bring the barrel front with you on the field and you need more range just put it on.

thats my 2 cents.
Hotch
98 custom with 20" smartparts barrel
limited edition white invert mini
mkx alias rocket launcher

Total Resistance
- demolition

PbN feedback +4/-0

#5 User is offline   Sneaky Big Foot 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 01 March 2009 - 03:41 PM

I use a All American 4 inch back on my Ion its loud and gets alot of second glanses and questions :) but you dont want anything shorter on a ion. Beacause the fps is directly related to the internal presher of wich hast to be at the macsamum operating pesher of 200psi to do 285fps the dwell is standerd. I will post on hotch's idea later Igot to go.
hybrid player speedball+woodsball its sweet
Cna you raed tihs? piatnblal, sarmt prats, tpipmnan, sohoter ION owner #65

#6 User is offline   Gilla 

• Action shot!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:gilla

Posted 01 March 2009 - 04:55 PM

I cut down my stock barrel (98c) to two inches, and purchased a python barrel kit. At Tippmann Vs The World I purchased a 14" J&J barrel. There was no recognizable difference in accuracy and minimal in distance. I love my shorty barrel and it is my primary.

Edit: Punctuation

Also, building of of Sneaky BigFoot, the length of you barrel will directly affect your final FPS number. I'm stuck at about 275 max. Without the python I'm shooting about 244 FPS.

This post has been edited by Gilla: 01 March 2009 - 04:58 PM

Who flung poo?

#7 User is offline   Zzaque 

• Voce nao pode ser serio!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Zzaque

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:12 PM

I use a 4" stiffi like Violator and I like it. I don't see a lot of accuracy loss and it sure is great to not have to maneuver a big barrel around trees and stuff. Also very good for urban settings because it shortens your gun and makes it easier to get it around corners quickly without revealing yourself too early.
"So, I can't find any Vitamin B-12 pills . . . can't I just give him 2 Vitamin B-6's?"
-A Confused Nurse-

#8 User is offline   Sneaky Big Foot 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:48 AM

Here is the problem with Hoch's idea if you start with a 4" that is shooting 280fps and add a extra 10" the marker will do about 340fps which is legal on ALL fields ( ma by in your back yard ;P) try it out at a crono some time.

This post has been edited by Sneaky Big Foot: 12 March 2009 - 09:48 AM

hybrid player speedball+woodsball its sweet
Cna you raed tihs? piatnblal, sarmt prats, tpipmnan, sohoter ION owner #65

#9 User is offline   redthirst 

• AVOID THE NOID!
  • PipPip
  • Location:The South <-- this used to be more specific... but then somebody snitched on me.
  • Brigade Name:WrightPower

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:37 PM

Lapco 8" Bigshot .687
Masters of awesome whom I don't BOINK with: Montresor, long_baller, JerseyPaint, Deschaine, brokepballer, Frontier Bill, Bookworm, TREE FITTY (he's a zombie), THIS COULD BE YOU!

#10 User is offline   jake9095 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:18 PM

see if you can find a little snub like a 4"

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users