OMG SO MANY SNIPERS!!!!!! help Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   P V 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 November 2007 - 07:49 AM

View PostThe_Joker, on Nov 1 2007, 01:24 PM, said:

View PostDelta Force Zero, on Oct 30 2007, 08:24 PM, said:

Is there some sort of marker that should be used for sniping? I guess what I mean is, one kid keeps going "I'm getting the MR-3 so I can snipe and shoot full auto!"

It's all about preferance. What works for them, what they're comfortable with, etc. But having a gun that can use full auto and USING the full auto and calling your self a "sniper" is a bit of an oxymoron.

well a paintball sniper is a bit of an oxymoron too... so screw 'tradition' and get a QUIET auto if you like.. i use a tiberius, my team mate uses a DM7 on full auto... if i line up 4 players: i have to pull the trigger and take aim a MINIMUM of 4 times , he just has to keep his aim as he shoots a solid rope of balls. the only difference, is that if someone see's his rope of balls and survive the volley, they know exactly where he is. and it usually takes someone a few shots to figure out where abouts i am. and by then they're usually out, or i'm in deep poo(way to outnumbered), and should retreat ASAP anyhow.

pros and cons of auto

a quiet auto:
pros:
can eliminate more people faster and easier
accuracy of shot is less important
do not have to retreat from a fight as often(more firepower)
you're a bigger help to your team if required to drop out of sniper roll

cons:
can give a more easily seen visual of your position(stream of balls)
may go through more balls per elimination( and may cause bonus balling)
price! (you're looking at triple the price minimum, think 1k+ for a proper QUIET auto marker, + more air, + more balls, + accessories)
may go through more air
most viable markers do not have rails to mount accesories
usually have a taller profile and center feed tube. (more practice required)

and you can always switch your "full auto" to "3 shot burst" or "single shot" .. so if you've got the cash, go for it.

i have left these forums do to unequal moderation, please feel free to email/MSN me for all communication

#17 User is offline   Nightmare Nemesis 

• Master Sniper
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Yer Nightmare

Posted 02 November 2007 - 08:26 AM

Personally I think that being able to maneuver unnoticed around in the field is the most important aspect of being a paintball sniper. It is not very often that a long accurate shot is even possible because of terrain, so being able to come up on someone unnoticed is a necessary skill.

Try testing the candidates both as ambushers and as stalkers, if one of them excels at both you will have found a winner. The point system suggested by P V would work wonderfully.

#18 User is offline   Mid(dle)---Evil---Flanker 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Location:Loveland Ohio (I hate it here no good paintball ever happens here)
  • Brigade Name:MID(DLE)---EVIL---FLANKER

Posted 03 November 2007 - 09:31 AM

yea im not sure what this guys idea on the full auto thing but i think its because he like shooting fast. im not saying thats bad at all but if he is to be a sniper he has to stay quiet and pacient (bad spelling :) ) i think what might happen is he is going to get run out of patince and startm shooting full auto and ruin his position. again, i don't now what hes thinking but thats what i think might happen. i think instead of getting a mr3 he should save more and get a blackcell ion.
q or the other stick thing i don't care but with his accuracy a black cell ion ? he'd be in heaven.......of shooting people.
http://logo.cafepress.com/3/8717275.3220783.jpg
92% of the teen population would be dead if Abercrombie and Fitch said breathing wasn't cool. If you are of the 8% that would be laughin your butt off, put this in your sig
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. if you're one of the ones that stays true to proggressive metal/classic rock,put this in your sig.
98% of teens have tried pot if you're one of the 2% who haven't, put this in your sig.

#19 User is offline   Sprout 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Location:North Carolina..But u better check ur six just incase.
  • Brigade Name:Sprout2

Posted 03 November 2007 - 06:12 PM

Have a spotter try and see if he can find the sniper before he shoots the target....And see how close the sniper can sneak up on a spotter before he hears him/her...Have them raise there their hand when they hear the sniper.....The one who does these the quickest and gets closest and is more accurate at shooting the target and whos gun is the quitest...Wins. :dodgy:

P.S.-And give everyone a mask and the same ghillie...Have them have it on....And see who goes the longest without fogging up the mask......(Make sure they don't get distracted easily and have a tanker ship of patience.....)

This post has been edited by Sprout: 03 November 2007 - 06:16 PM

If you see me, it's too late.

#20 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• Digitaly Sniping one shot at a time
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scoutsniper777

Posted 05 November 2007 - 01:51 AM

Ohh, have it set up where the mission gets changed and they have to get to a different location. I can imagine that kind of crap is gonna happen from time to time.

Don't forget setting up priority targets as well as targets of opportunity. Priority targets can be targets such as leaders of a group.

Targets of opportunity can be more important types of targets within the snipers operational abilities that just happen to be at the right place and the right time to take advantage of.

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

#21 User is offline   Reb 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:No brigade affiliation

Posted 07 November 2007 - 06:25 AM

Some of you guys need to remember that we're talking about paintball snipers here, not military grade, trained marksmen.

Come on here people. the skills that you're talking about are ones that take trained persons YEARS to master, it'll be laughable to see a weekend warrior with a ghillie suit and 10 round hopper try to pull some of these off.

You want to see who your team 'sniper' is going to be? In my opinion, pick the guy who sucks at working with your team. This way, you can send him off on his own to function as the hero and your main force won't suffer for it as badly. Instead of having a good team player wandering around on his stomach with his brain jammed full of glorious images that he saw on the history channel or 'Enemy at the Gates' they'll at least be working cooperatively with the rest of their team, which is a thousand times more effective.

The space limitations of some fields coupled with the equipment limitations that paintballers have render some of these skills that you mention damn near worthless, and other tactics that you mention, we ALL try to master.

.......sorry, I'm a tad cranky today so some of these suggestions you guys are making seem pretty ludicrous to me. remember, we're playing a game.
I have never been shot by a player in a ghillie suit.

#22 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• PipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:54 PM

All of that from a person who obviously doesn't like paintball snipers. You're sig and "Send out the guy who doesn't like working with people" simplicity based on disdain of the position has marked you.

Don't drag that in here with all due respect ok. What you just said is borderline on causing a flame and locking this topic up. I wouldn't want that and no one else does. Just chill tiger. You're gonna be fine :(

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

#23 User is offline   russo 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:.RUSSO.

Posted 07 November 2007 - 07:25 PM

didnt read all the post so dont no if someone else did this but u can have them all get into concielmet ready to ambush but just have them stay there. then have some men patroll the woods to see how many they can find and who is the best of cncielment

#24 User is offline   Reb 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 08 November 2007 - 08:34 AM

I wasn't really trying to flame anyone, but I was trying to make the point that this isn't real life. This isn't something that you're trained to do by an organization whose sole purpose is to kill quickly and effectively.

We're playing a game, and to take the tactics that some of you are suggesting seriously will only make you look silly when the game starts up. I've seen dozens of kids play 'sniper' and I have yet to see one thats a really GOOD and EFFECTIVE player of said 'position,' because his mindset is all whacked out.

There are far too many limitations forced on you guys by science, logic, and even mathematics to make what you do completely in line with real life, which is what it looks like you're all trying to do. It honestly looks to an outsider that you guys think you can switch up your ghillie suit for a .308 and be the ultimate killing machines. Thats what irks us 'non-believers' more than what you call yourselves, or what you wear on the field.

So, I stand by my suggestion. If you've got a player who is of the mindset that I described above, he's not going to be a huge asset to your teams operations. He might be a 'team player' but at heart, hes convinced he can take the enemy out by himself from ludicrous ranges and remain completely unseen. Send him out on his own.

There's a reason that there are so many 'snipers' and it isn't because eveyone's good at it. Its because the mystique of the job that has been created and maintained by the media, movies, specops, and the history channel makes it so enticing. Proper application of real life skills to our game cannot happen.

But I'm beating a dead horse, I'll get yelled at by a moderator who doesn't like to see dissenting opinions, and I might even get warned because this isn't the first time I've questioned your way of doing things.

In an effort to save face, I'll jump back to the topic at hand. Who do you choose to be your sniper?

Forget 'leaving them in the woods' as a test of patience. Forget 'memory skills'

What you ought to do, in my opinion, is take a look at your players when they're geared up to play. Find the guy whose dressed in utilitarian camo. He's got enough ammunition on him that he can get himself out of a sticky situation, but isn't loaded down to the point where he can't crawl, or conceal himself.

Work with your team without a 'sniper' Put them all into the line as paintball players. Watch them. Keep an eye on how they operate, what they play like. If you got a guy that carries too little ammunition on him and he runs out, you don't want him, because he can't get out of something that might arise.

If you've got a guy whose ghillie suit gets hung up on branches, or sticks out like a sore thumb against the vegetation you're playing in, you don't want him because his geat might be a hinderance to him in the field. watch too, the guy who ignores or is incapable of following the suggestions of the team leader.

Its a tough call.

#25 User is offline   WickedKlown2 

• HELLIONS - ODB 130
  • PipPip

Posted 08 November 2007 - 09:33 AM

Reb : Forget 'memory skills'

Memeory skills are very important to this role... Lets just say your were in the commanders role for that day,,, would you not send out a Scout/Recon(sniper) element to get some valuable Intel for you... Would you rely on a team or individual with a mind like a Steel Trap or a complete Id10t that cannot remember if he filled his pods/air or not... I for one would want a team/individual that could remember what they see and give a proper radio report...

Another senario would be the team goes out to set a ambush and lets X number of players pass their position and radios ahead to let thier team know they will be having visitors soon... You don't always spring a ambush with the first peeps that roll through your AO... You give them a false since of confidence and they will radio other members of their team that the way is clear and proceed which leads to a better ambush...

You have to look at it from all sides and just not the Sniper is just a BS position that is Glorified by Companies trying to make the Quick Buck... There are some of out here that have been doing it for a long time and know how to make it work right... I for one have been Trained by the US ARMY in the Craft and yes some of the skills I have learned do roll over into this position but not All... I do not believe in the Long Ball shot and I like to get up close and personial with my Target... I also don't believe in a barrel over 14 inches long because anything longer takes more air to push the shot and it will not make it anymore accurate...

So in closing I would like to Thank You for your input but don't go judging to quickly until you have looked at all aspects...

Sorry for going off topic...

This post has been edited by WickedKlown2: 08 November 2007 - 10:08 AM

Proudly Sponsored by Tippmann, Full Clip, Hammerhead and CPX Sports

#26 User is offline   Reb 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 08 November 2007 - 10:12 AM

Okay, I suppose you're right, I don't want some kind of moron trying to remember something for me.

But, again, this isn't real life we're playing with here. There isn't any need for a 'sniper' to be able to tell me anything more than how many people are in front of me, what they're doing, and MAYBE what kind of markers they're using. Remembering anything else at all should be something that we ALL should be trying to do. Keeping our scenario objectives in mind, position locations, etc. I don't need a 'sniper' to tell me where I am as long as I have looked at a map.

If he came back, and he told me that there were two guys in front of me with 98's the barrels were 14" long, one of them had a JT profiler and was wearing ACU's, I'd tell him he was wasting his time.

Since this isn't life or death, minor detail absorbtion that you might have been trained in in the military is not even remotely necessary in our game. I like to think I'm not that quick to judge. I make my calls based on almost 10 years of playing paintball, coupled with years of research on military history, and a rudimentary knowledge based on first hand expierence of ballistics and firearms operations.

Sure, some of the skills that you picked up in the military roll over into paintball, I'll never dispute that. But, those skills are something that EVERY paintballer uses. Not just the guy in a bush suit with a ten round hopper. Stealth? Concealment? These are all basic components of small unit tactics, which is essentially what we use in the game. Small unit operations. Without the stealth and concealment factors, we might as well dance through the woods with flags and trumpets.

I strayed again. Sue me.

#27 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• PipPipPip

Posted 08 November 2007 - 10:31 PM

View PostWickedKlown2, on Nov 8 2007, 10:33 AM, said:

Reb : Forget 'memory skills'

Memeory skills are very important to this role... Lets just say your were in the commanders role for that day,,, would you not send out a Scout/Recon(sniper) element to get some valuable Intel for you... Would you rely on a team or individual with a mind like a Steel Trap or a complete Id10t that cannot remember if he filled his pods/air or not... I for one would want a team/individual that could remember what they see and give a proper radio report...

Another senario would be the team goes out to set a ambush and lets X number of players pass their position and radios ahead to let thier team know they will be having visitors soon... You don't always spring a ambush with the first peeps that roll through your AO... You give them a false since of confidence and they will radio other members of their team that the way is clear and proceed which leads to a better ambush...

You have to look at it from all sides and just not the Sniper is just a BS position that is Glorified by Companies trying to make the Quick Buck... There are some of out here that have been doing it for a long time and know how to make it work right... I for one have been Trained by the US ARMY in the Craft and yes some of the skills I have learned do roll over into this position but not All... I do not believe in the Long Ball shot and I like to get up close and personial with my Target... I also don't believe in a barrel over 14 inches long because anything longer takes more air to push the shot and it will not make it anymore accurate...

So in closing I would like to Thank You for your input but don't go judging to quickly until you have looked at all aspects...

Sorry for going off topic...

I agree. I'm the same way honestly. I like to be as up close and personal as I can. I also agree that not all of the skills role over into paintball. I also Only use a 14 inch barrel.

See.. We don't all run around shooting from 50 yards back :ninja:

End of Sitrep :)

As for picking a person. A lot of good suggestions have been made. Just take the ones you feel you can use to determine who it might be and use them.

It's like Christianity, take what you CAN believe and use it, everything else you might have missed will be revealed in time. :)

#28 User is offline   Reb 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 14 November 2007 - 06:29 AM

View PostMarine Scout Sniper, on Nov 8 2007, 10:31 PM, said:

It's like Christianity, take what you CAN believe and use it, everything else you might have missed will be revealed in time. :)

Or disputed and debunked by science, natural law and common sense.

:P

Yeah, I am kidding, but I couldn't resist. It fell into my lap so perfectly.

#29 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• PipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2007 - 12:40 PM

Oh.. by science you mean like the scientist that found that the sedimentary soil layers could be easily formed by different textures of soil going through water and the water naturally separates the textures into sedimentary layers?

Or that Darwin told in his own book how his own theory could be proven invalid and has been proven invalid by nature and science?

Or how in fossilization every medical examination as to how species got fossilized has indicated to scientists that they suffocated, including fish through suffocation of the gills due to the lack of elements in the water to form oxygen from the gill's primary designed purpose.

Or how scientists said in order for the fossilization to happen, extreme rapid heat would need to be applied within only a few seconds anywhere in the world at the same time, ruling out the asteroid theory.

Or how they actually found fossilized skin of a dinosaur and analyzed it and found it didn't have reptile like texture and the bumps on the skin were actually air pockets like bubble wrap.

And that some dinosaurs listed as carnivorous were actually scavengers and it's indicated by there teeth. Some were actually more like dogs in natural function if you need an example of a modern scavenger being.

Or that according to NASA. The odds of another planet to sustain carbon based life forms is actually 1 in ten billionths of a trillionth. That's alot of zeros :rolleyes:

You mean science like that right? ;)

#30 User is offline   Reb 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 15 November 2007 - 05:54 AM

View PostMarine Scout Sniper, on Nov 14 2007, 12:40 PM, said:

You mean science like that right? :)

Exactly. :laugh:

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users