• You cannot reply to this topic

Monster Balls good cheap paint? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   BASHBRO1 

• BASHBRO1
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:BASHBRO1

Posted 09 February 2007 - 03:53 PM

I have been using Wally World Monster Balls since June of this year and I figure its about time I did a review.

The original reason for purchase was because I was using twin 98 gatlins. I needed a cheap paint that wouldn't break in the barrels. I read a few different reviews and these seemed to be the best ones for what I needed.

True to the other people reviews I only busted one in the 4 cases I went through while hammer. This did come at a price however. I would say at least 1 in 50 was deformed so that normal flight was impossible. Also firing at 270 FPS at least 1 in 3 didn't break. I had more people surrender without being marked for fear of getting hit by another "flying marble".

I sold the hammer around August and begin using my WG-65 more regularly. This is where the monster ball really failed me. With the above problems I have listed the fact that I wasn't using 700 rds a game begin to take effect. The inconsistent accuracy and lack of breakage was not nearly as big a deal when you were only supposed to lay down a tremendous amount of firepower and chop through brush to get to the opponent. As a front runner I needed the balls to break and to fly true. This they did not.

All in all I do recommend Monster Balls to any player who needs to lay down a lot of paint. I paid $30 a case at Wally World and they will not break in a flatline barrel or any barrel for that matter. On the downside the hardly break on anything at all. But if you play anything that requires less than a case a day I strongly reccommend looking into a little more expensive paint. It will be worth the price.

BASHBRO1
"Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb"
Dark Helmet

#2 User is offline   little_ben 

• Cowards die many times before their death
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:little_ben

Posted 10 February 2007 - 12:32 PM

thats, wierd. i never have problems with monsters in my custom pro, and i have used pmi preiums and the cyclone feed just turns into a blender. but never with monsters

#3 User is offline   BASHBRO1 

• BASHBRO1
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BASHBRO1

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:47 AM

I never had any problems with them in the gun. Like I said above only one if 4 cases ever broke in the gun. The problem I had with them was they never broke on target. It kinda felt liking shooting rubber target balls sometimes.
Like I said in my review the guns love the paint. It just doesn't break enough to be useful to someone thats not firing a lot of them.

BASHBRO1
"Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb"
Dark Helmet

#4 User is offline   Haunted Hunter 

• Vanguard
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Haunted Hunter

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:28 PM

Horrible accuracy, nice color. you got it 2/3 right cheap paint, but not good. But that is probably 'cause I don't shoot that much paint.

This post has been edited by Haunted Hunter: 13 February 2007 - 08:28 PM

#5 Guest_Jester3_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 February 2007 - 08:33 PM

It's not the best stuff I've used, but it's not the worst.

#6 User is offline   noobiekilla 

• Get In My Belly!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:screemindemon

Posted 22 February 2007 - 08:39 PM

It is good cheap paint but I play with scorch because of the thicker shell, plus it is still cheap.

#7 User is offline   Sp.Ed 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2007 - 07:48 PM

Yeah I use monster balls for backyard games with friends but the accuracy of it blows. it also has a very oily shell and stinks to high heaven it stains and rarely breaks on target. It does however have a very tough shell making it decent for flatlines but not good when hits matter. You will be happy to save money but the feeling of joy will promptly be squashed when you cant hit anything.
The opinions and statements expressed on this site are mine alone and are not sanctioned or approved by my Employer. I also assume all legal liability for those statements.

#8 User is offline   dillz 

• Badger Brgd. Outcast #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Reaper_666

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:09 PM

View PostSpedMDB, on Mar 11 2007, 08:48 PM, said:

Yeah I use monster balls for backyard games with friends but the accuracy of it blows. it also has a very oily shell and stinks to high heaven it stains and rarely breaks on target. It does however have a very tough shell making it decent for flatlines but not good when hits matter. You will be happy to save money but the feeling of joy will promptly be squashed when you cant hit anything.

exactly had a case for a big game and ended up jamming my cyclone one got pinched between the bolt and the body but get this it DIDN'T break that blew my mind I had to in a fire fight take my hopper off and clear the bolt out then all was good I never noticed a non break but then again I was the one shooting not the one being shot.
Sic vis pacem para bellum.
If you want peace prepare for war.
When injustice becomes law rebellion becomes duty...

#9 User is offline   Hellspawn 

• A Fetching Fetcher
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2007 - 10:14 AM

I bought a couple cases of monsterballs last year, never had a single break but the accuracy, thickshell and fill color was terrible. If I actually got one to break on a target, you couldent see the mark and since I was having a hard time getting breaks, I would put 3-4 shots in the air hoping one would and when I didnt see marks, I figured none of them did, it was only after a couple of games when people asked me why I overshot so bad that I noticed all the faint marks.

Only time I will use this paint is when I need good cheap paint for my kids to play with.

#10 User is offline   destroyalltourneymarkers.net 

• Joke ^
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:riveting riot13

Posted 20 March 2007 - 06:36 PM

i love monster balls for my outlaw games lke most of you have said. they never break in the gun but are so innacurate and the fill is pretty hard to see when it hits stuff but i havnt had that much of a problem with not breakin on tragets. but ive srtill had that problem. id give em an 8.5/10... at least for paint in its price range
Tac-One for sale!!
My Feedback-
Spec Ops= +2/-0
PNation= +4/-0
Automaggot #148- Even though it's up for sale, I'll always love the automags.

#11 User is offline   mtn sniper 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:mtn sniper

Posted 20 March 2007 - 07:25 PM

i guess they would be ok if all you wanted to do is watch some balls fly out the end of the barrel and if you do get lucky enuf to hit someone it probally wont break and if you get really lucky and it breaks no one will probally see them.. i think they suck and would rather buy 500 good balls than 2000 monster balls.

#12 User is offline   Bullet_Bob 

• U LOOKING AT ME???
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2007 - 07:44 PM

There the right price for my son. :dodgy:
At least until he gets a job in 5 years.

This post has been edited by Bullet_Bob: 20 March 2007 - 07:44 PM

French Paintball Gun For Sale.
Never fired. Dropped once.

Team 2nd Amendment

#13 User is offline   LoD 

• Lord of Death
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:LoD

Posted 03 April 2007 - 03:27 PM

I live in a very small town. The only place that sells paintballs within a 50 mile radius is walmart. I've been using monster balls for a while and I think they're pretty good. It's been a while since I've had a chance to play, but it seems like mine were decent enough all around not to complain. I consider myself just barely out of the newb range enough to give my 2 cents. I'd give them an 8.5/10 or 9/10. Maybe that's just cause it's the only real paint available to me. They had scorchers, but don't have them anymore. They have some other new paint.. Some kind of tactical paint or something... I'll have to try them out.

My Feedback Thread
"I look at it as an opportunity to bloody up the hammer some more. Especially now since I replaced the leather wrap and it needs to be worked in." - Puzuma

#14 User is offline   newach 

• STR8BALLA
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ACH

Posted 09 April 2007 - 02:33 PM

I love Monster Balls! :ghillie: They are great! :D I have shot proably 20 boxes and no balls have ever broken in my MR1 :D They are my favorite paintballs :wub:
If we cant do it it doesn't need to be done- sabre #23
broadsword #1 Commander #41
STR8BALLA #626(click on it to go to www.str8balla.com)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him achieve world domination.

#15 User is offline   cor_man257 

• Just some random guy.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cor_man257

Posted 09 April 2007 - 04:14 PM

I absolutly canot shoot monster balls out of my Spyder. They break all over in my gun, And leave my hopper drownd in paint.And Not to mention you cant see it. The fill is such a dark yellow that you cant tell when you hit stuff. And it hardly ever does break when you do hit something. And it doesnt seem to fit my J&Js accuracy...

I use Scorch, or Visible Impact. Bright colored fill, they break, and shoot straight. And they are still cheaper than alot of other brands.

This post has been edited by cor_man257: 09 April 2007 - 04:14 PM

Iraq. Been there. Done that. OIF 2010- OND 2011.
I long for the life of a patio owner. Guitar, a grill, and laying in a hammock with the one you love staring at the skyline and the sunsets.Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users