Special Ops Paintball: Whos ur MVP - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Whos ur MVP what possition do u rely on the most? Rate Topic: -----

Poll: What possition do u rely on the most? (41 member(s) have cast votes)

What possition do u rely on the most?

1. Saber (13 votes [31.71%])

Percentage of vote: 31.71%

2. Sniper (5 votes [12.20%])

Percentage of vote: 12.20%

3. Dagger (8 votes [19.51%])

Percentage of vote: 19.51%

4. Broadsward (3 votes [7.32%])

Percentage of vote: 7.32%

5. Anti-Tank/Artillery (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Hammer (2 votes [4.88%])

Percentage of vote: 4.88%

7. Yourself (10 votes [24.39%])

Percentage of vote: 24.39%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   STAZ211 

• Do it........i dare you
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:STAZ211

Posted 30 November 2007 - 04:49 PM

I was just wondering what possition u guys think is the "most valuable" on a team. what possitons do u "use" (order to do things) the most and whats ur most affective. for me its me and my sabers. we are usually the ones doing most of the key things in a battle (if u havent guessed already i lead from the front). my snipers are good too, but my sabers are what make the impact.

so what about u guys?
"Let he who desires peace prepare for war..."

"Home of the free, because of the brave..."

#2 User is offline   prophet_subgenius 

• Colonel, Team Slack Attack
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:prophet_subgenius

Posted 30 November 2007 - 10:26 PM

Sabres are the work horse and backbone of the team. They do the work and carry the load. That said the Daggers are the MVP types they score the big kills that break everything wide open. MVP winners in baseball are the homerun hitters with tons of RBI's but those RBI's come from the guys who got on base infront of them. The Daggers get the big plays off of the hard work in the trenches done by the Sabres.
Paintball is a game. Win or lose you still need to wash your camo. Winners just use less soap.

#3 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 30 November 2007 - 10:55 PM

Me and my Sabres are always the backbone of my attack force. All of my friends and all of the players I pick are the most well rounded I can get, and I know I can count on them for just about anything for that reason. Since I'm the team CO, I also need to be well rounded and do what I can, and I actually do lead from the frontline, often from the front of the charge. "Lead by example" is the only leadership idea I've seen work every time :happy:.

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#4 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 30 November 2007 - 11:19 PM

My whole team is what you would call a "sabre." We do whatever we want. We don't restrict ourselves to the positions, we do what is needed/fun/what we want. Sure, we are more geared towards one thing or another, but really, we don't pay too much attention to the positions.

#5 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2007 - 11:35 PM

View Postshadow_772, on Dec 1 2007, 12:19 AM, said:

My whole team is what you would call a "sabre." We do whatever we want. We don't restrict ourselves to the positions, we do what is needed/fun/what we want. Sure, we are more geared towards one thing or another, but really, we don't pay too much attention to the positions.

That sums up my team well too. We each have our own talents, but the majority (all but one) carry more sabre-ish loads based on the position descriptions. The one exception falls to our gunner/paint mule, who is somewhere between a broadsword and a full hammer.

As for most valuable, two of my team members really stand out. I can always rely on my XO to get his role done. He's great for assault or defending a location. The other guy that's about equal with him in value is the gunner/mule because he can hold off a fairly decent size task force on his own. He's one of those guys where they say "let's wait him out until he's out of paint" ... except he never is out. This means I can leave him to hold something and distract opponents while the rest of us complete the objective with the time he buys for us.
Member of Team Akkadian

#6 User is offline   SwampThing 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mach1muscle351

Posted 30 November 2007 - 11:37 PM

Sabres are the grunts, I voted dagger because they speed the game up and make things possible. Arent afraid to run straight through a firefight and get the job done. See where I play, sabres and broadswords usually get into the head on head firefights, while the dagger flanks real quickly. They give the team the upperhand in my opinion. I dont think the Sabre can be the MVP, because everybody plays Sabre. Yes they get the job done but there usually arent many daggers on a team. Therefore, without daggers you've just got an ordinary team. Granted I usually play sabre, I still think that daggers are more valuable then sabres because theres not to many of them.

#7 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 30 November 2007 - 11:40 PM

View PostSwampThing, on Dec 1 2007, 01:37 AM, said:

Sabres are the grunts, I voted dagger because they speed the game up and make things possible. Arent afraid to run straight through a firefight and get the job done. See where I play, sabres and broadswords usually get into the head on head firefights, while the dagger flanks real quickly. They give the team the upperhand in my opinion. I dont think the Sabre can be the MVP, because everybody plays Sabre. Yes they get the job done but there usually arent many daggers on a team. Therefore, without daggers you've just got an ordinary team. Granted I usually play sabre, I still think that daggers are more valuable then sabres because theres not to many of them.

Great way to put it... but that's why I push my guys to fight harder than they are, so we might not individually be as mobile as daggers but we're pushing back the front lines like we are. Sometimes I'll grab some of my faster guys and get them to move up even further while the rest cover their advance, but it depends on the field.

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#8 User is offline   SwampThing 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mach1muscle351

Posted 30 November 2007 - 11:48 PM

View PostZ3R0, on Nov 30 2007, 11:40 PM, said:

View PostSwampThing, on Dec 1 2007, 01:37 AM, said:

Great way to put it... but that's why I push my guys to fight harder than they are, so we might not individually be as mobile as daggers but we're pushing back the front lines like we are. Sometimes I'll grab some of my faster guys and get them to move up even further while the rest cover their advance, but it depends on the field.

-Z3R0

Why thank you, I dont think there really is an MVP position, they're kinda all needed for the most effective team. But I just chose daggers because they're special in my eyes lol.

#9 User is offline   STAZ211 

• PipPipPip

Posted 01 December 2007 - 05:45 AM

View PostThalion, on Dec 1 2007, 03:35 AM, said:

View Postshadow_772, on Dec 1 2007, 12:19 AM, said:

That sums up my team well too. We each have our own talents, but the majority (all but one) carry more sabre-ish loads based on the position descriptions. The one exception falls to our gunner/paint mule, who is somewhere between a broadsword and a full hammer.

As for most valuable, two of my team members really stand out. I can always rely on my XO to get his role done. He's great for assault or defending a location. The other guy that's about equal with him in value is the gunner/mule because he can hold off a fairly decent size task force on his own. He's one of those guys where they say "let's wait him out until he's out of paint" ... except he never is out. This means I can leave him to hold something and distract opponents while the rest of us complete the objective with the time he buys for us.

thats a pretty good description of my team too. we r all very well rounded, but we all have our "preferable" possition. each player on my team is capable of playing any possiton. but i still rely mainly on my sabers to do most of the work. sabers are well rounded, and can play ANY possition at ANY given time. this makes them especialy deadly since the enemy doesnt know if he is guna get mowed down by a broadsword like barrage of paint or if hes going to get taken out with one well placed sniper shot.

#10 User is offline   Maverick_07 

• Go on....make my lunch...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:haon_07

Posted 01 December 2007 - 12:45 PM

The Sniper, because the captain is a ninja. :P
My signature is......................SIGNATURE!

#11 User is offline   commando kyle 

• Feel free to salute at any time.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Commando_Kyle

Posted 01 December 2007 - 09:26 PM

The person who I feel direct impact from in most games on the walkon field is my broadswords. Heavy guns give the front men support... and hearing that paint fly over your shoulder, keeping the enemy suppressed, is an instant morale boost for the entire team.
OIF '08 OEF '09-'10
Camo Bandits-"By Force and Valor"

#12 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 December 2007 - 09:36 PM

Me. Because I'm a 1 man team.

Ok, jk.. There are a bunch of good guys I play with.

I have to rely on myself most of the time because a lot of the guys I play with run away when they hear or see the enemy. There are a few guys that will hold their ground, but most just run. (I do too sometimes :P This one guy cheats. He has homing paintballs.... I try and avoid him.)

This post has been edited by SpudCrushr: 01 December 2007 - 09:39 PM

Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Spc.Kidd 

• Without Fear, we yield to none
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Captian Kidd

Posted 01 December 2007 - 11:47 PM

A commander I guess would win out.....This question is really bad though.....you can't just form all of your tactics around 1 or 2 people that play those positions.....every makes up the team, not just those people. If the hammers didn't lay down cover fire for the Sabres and Daggers to get up close and personal, then the team would take more casualties, if there were no sabres and daggers to assault, then you would always have to play on the defensive, however, a commander is the one who is supposed to use whatever he has to his advantage and he has a few choices on what he can do. Notice I did not say "myself." I specifically said commander for a reason. If I get hit..then my XO is the commander. If he gets hit the fire team leader #1 is commander. There is no set commander at all times...things change and commanders change
42nd Legion!
Sans Peur, Cede Nullis
Without Fear, We Yield to None

#14 Guest_Tessaract_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 02 December 2007 - 01:02 AM

i vote broadsword, ive been stuck in firefights, pinned down and being flanked and had people offer me little to absolutly no cover fire. anyone willing to actualy shoot there prescious paint they seemed to pay a leg for to help a teammate out gots kudos in my book ;)

#15 User is offline   STAZ211 

• PipPipPip

Posted 02 December 2007 - 12:35 PM

View PostSpc.Kidd, on Dec 2 2007, 03:47 AM, said:

A commander I guess would win out.....This question is really bad though.....you can't just form all of your tactics around 1 or 2 people that play those positions.....every makes up the team, not just those people. If the hammers didn't lay down cover fire for the Sabres and Daggers to get up close and personal, then the team would take more casualties, if there were no sabres and daggers to assault, then you would always have to play on the defensive, however, a commander is the one who is supposed to use whatever he has to his advantage and he has a few choices on what he can do. Notice I did not say "myself." I specifically said commander for a reason. If I get hit..then my XO is the commander. If he gets hit the fire team leader #1 is commander. There is no set commander at all times...things change and commanders change

im not saying that u ONLY use that player or work around them, im just asking who u think contributes most to the team and who u call in to do an important job because u trust them.

This post has been edited by STAZ211: 02 December 2007 - 12:36 PM

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users