• You cannot reply to this topic

Biggest Mistake You post, we laugh, good times. Rate Topic: ***** 3 Votes

#271 User is offline   CptObvious 

• Original Join Date- 29th October 2004 - 04:14 PM
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:CPTOBVIOUS

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:56 PM

This wasn't as a newb, this was back in Jan.

I was playing an event called "Triad", it involves teams from 3 states squaring off in a SPPL-style format on a large field. So I had just reinserted from my base, and we were pushing back the Idaho side. I saw that their left flank was wide open, and I began to focus on there. After getting in a short gun fight, the two players I was dueling it out with had moved back to better cover. Taking a chance, I made a wide arc and followed a quad path towards them. I stopped just short of the bend in this trail because I could hear them nearby. Now, remember how I said it was 3 states? Yea, thats 3 teams. Out of no where, well...from behind me, the Utah side showed up and began long-balling me. Unfortunatly for me, none of my fellow Nevadians had followed me, so here I am, sammiched between Idaho, Utah and hell, even my own side! Luckily the Utah fellas didn't push in on me (even though they could have had their way), and eventually I moved down on Idaho and after exchanging paint, was taken out.
US Air Force
Posted Image
Proudly Sponsored by: ANS Gear || Pinokio Hoppers|| Stiffi Barrels || ChroniX Radio
[/b]

#272 User is offline   jebking 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:jebking

Posted 16 October 2009 - 07:59 PM

im pinned down at a bunker with about 5 guys coming in my direction. I had ignored a barrel break, even though i had a swab, a few minutes before this happened. Anyway the didnt know where i was and i was ready to go out and unload some paint. I turn, pull the trigger several times, and all of them breaks. My marker is now a salad tosser and they know where i am... it didn't end well

#273 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:36 PM

MY friend phil was the last person on his team on a speedball course. he looked at the ref, threw him the gun and said "you shoot em, im pinned down!!!"
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#274 User is offline   Invictusone 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Invictusone

Posted 02 February 2010 - 07:38 PM

i have to say the worst for me was when my team had a great round, and we eliminated everyone but one person with 2 minutes left. unfortunately, two people had similar camo on, and i assumed the person was the last survivor on the other team. immediately, i opened fire, and i instigated a teamkilling spree that killed all but 3 of my team mates (including me) and the last player on the other team got two more before our last player got him out.

The runner up? our guntech ran over to help one of the noobs, who couldn't operate his gun. 3 seconds later, our guntech lay screaming on the ground. He had run over to help the noob, who had left his safety on. with the marker pointed straight below the gun tech's waist, he decided that he should flick off the safety and said, "let me try it now." that was the last time he ever helped anyone the first round we met them.
I'm not out here to glorify myself
If you are a Christian paintballer add this to your signature
Automaggot 150
--------------------------------------------------------------
My feedback: http://forum.special...howtopic=184491

#275 User is offline   Gauss 

• God. Guns. Guts.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:32 AM

In my first game of Paintball I shot myself in the foot at the break.
OFFICIAL BROADSWORD RECOGNITION NUMBER: 112
OFFICIAL SABRE RECOGNITION NUMBER: 530
God. Guns. Guts.

#276 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:31 PM

View PostGauss II, on Feb 7 2010, 11:32 AM, said:

Bought my 98C with cyclone and flatline (used) ... the flatline had no shroud on it.

So...before my third day out I figured I'd take the barrel out of the adaptor and mark the barrel so I'd know when it was straight (though I also noticed the darn thing was bent to the side a bit)...however, when I tried to get the barrel to "click" into the adaptor, something bent outwards and alas, the barrel would no longer click.

I decided I'd be fine if I just tightened the screw on the adaptor to hold it in.

That ENTIRE day (playing with a rental group for someone's birthday) I could not hit ANYONE....from even 10 or 15 feet. I literally got beside someone, and started firing through some boards...I got a bounce, they took cover, looked around and then came back out sitting in the open again because they figured it was a stray ball. Again, 5-6 shots, no kill.

On the plus side, I got over 20 mercy kills that day :laugh:

#277 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:50 PM

my first speedball experience was a tournament .. prior to that i had always played factory ball or woodsball.... on the break i just took off running.. made it clear to the other teams dorito before i got taken out .... but i hadn't fired a shot ... just ran like a jackrabbit .... lol

#278 User is offline   Mack 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 21 February 2010 - 05:27 PM

Several years ago I mil-simmed up a 98* and borrowed a remote to see if I liked using them. It was unfortunately the first time I had ever used a remote and I didn't have a clue what a "slide-check" was. To make matters worse, I had rechronoed with the tank on gun immediately after the previous game** and, with the time spent borrowing the remote, didn't chrono again before going on the field. It was an attack/defend game with the defenders taking the field first and we had selected a flag station fairly close to the entry point. I sat up well ahead of the rest of the defenders with the plan that I would engage and eliminate a few from ambush then do a fighting retreat from cover to cover back to my team. It was a tactic I had used successfully before and in this case my goal was to slow down and maybe take out a few of the people who headed directly for our flag so as to weaken them before the circling members of their team hit our flanks.

Unfortunately, nobody circled out wide to go to our flanks. The whole team (25-30) came straight in . . . at our flag . . . towards me. I knew there was no way I would get back after engaging them because there would be too many angles to watch when using my fall-back positions. I used an old log to crawl a bit to my left then crawled in under a large bush surrounded by higher grass (untrampled becaused of the bush) and tried to become one with the ground. Amazingly, nobody saw me: Several of them used the opposite side of the bush for cover and I could see their feet and ankles just a few feet away. (Just out of barrel tag range unfortunately . . . and moving would have been suicide.) One set up just to my left shooting around the bush and if he had looked down and to his left he would have easily spotted me.

Finally, they pushed in farther toward my team and I was able to crawl under the bush to the opposite side and stand up. (If any had looked over their shoulder before I did this I would have been toast also.) Using the available cover and the fact that nobody is looking my way I worked to their right flank, which had pushed the farthest into our defensive area, and get behind a half dozen of the attackers. I peek around the big wide tree trunk I am using for cover, take aim, pull the trigger . . . and the bolt goes forward but nothing else happens. I charge the marker again and repeat the previous steps. About this time one of them notices me so I wave and start walking toward them. When I'm about 15 feet away I figure he's got to notice my arm band soon so I yell to them to surrender and add a few words about "not wanting to shoot them this close because it will really hurt." Three surrender immediately and I get a fourth to leave by saying I'd "feel bad if I make him bleed." One of the others finally gave me a puzzled look and shot me once in the chest.

As I'm leaving with the ones I surrendered I get asked why I just didn't shoot the other two since I had them at such a disadvantage. They were annoyed when I explained my gun wasn't working.

I was annoyed when the friend I borrowed the remote from showed me how to work a slide/check.***

*I didn't keep it that way long, 98s just don't make a good basis for M16 mods.
**I used CO2 for so many years that I pretty much chrono before and after every game just to make sure I'm not shooting hot.
***Hey, I took a few years out of the game. When I left it was pumps and 12 grams and when I came back it was semi-autos, constant air and remotes.
-95% of people with a flatline think it makes the gun inaccurate; if you are the part of the other 5%, who take the time to sit down and tune it right, put this in your sig.

#279 User is offline   Zzaque 

• Voce nao pode ser serio!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Zzaque

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:23 PM

Hmmmmm. . . my biggest mistake . . . Two Words:

MONSTER BALLS
"So, I can't find any Vitamin B-12 pills . . . can't I just give him 2 Vitamin B-6's?"
-A Confused Nurse-

#280 User is offline   Invictusone 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Invictusone

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:19 PM

View PostZzaque, on Feb 22 2010, 02:23 PM, said:

MONSTER BALLS

Thats true enough. how many people did you accidentally mutilate?
I'm not out here to glorify myself
If you are a Christian paintballer add this to your signature
Automaggot 150
--------------------------------------------------------------
My feedback: http://forum.special...howtopic=184491

#281 User is offline   tubby ted 

• stick it to the man
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tubby ted

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:19 PM

View PostGauss II, on Feb 7 2010, 10:32 AM, said:

haha who hasn't done that at least once?
"The speakers on the outside are a nice touch... soundtrack to the mayhem"-I.K.E
"Only someone too bloody stupid to tell the difference between a cat & a fish would ever join PETA anyway...." -The Stuntman
Music is like candy... You should always throw away the rappers
VIVA LA CHRISTMAS REVOLUTION!

#282 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:44 AM

MONSTER BALLS

Those were all my fields used for a while, thank goodness for the new paintball director coming in and switching our paint brand.
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#283 User is offline   whsoccerjc21 

• a hungry wolf
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:whsoccerjc21

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:52 PM

well this wasnt me but anyways,
I was playing with a bunch of my friends who had never played before (about 10 guys) it was a scenario and I was leading them through the woods and we were on a path and we saw about 10 guys down the trail heading towards us.. so I tell everyone to get down and they did the same.. We didnt know if they were friendlies or not but i told my team to stay quiet in case.. all the sudden my dumb noob friend yells out ARE YOU ON BLACK TEAM?! their response was about 100 rounds of paint towards us. Thats not it though, somehow no one got hit so were in a standoff and I decide to send out flankers so after about 5 minutes of wating we find out they wernt even there anymore lol.. what what a waste of time haha.

Share this topic:

• (19 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users